Mercedes Has Built 500,000 Current-Generation S-Class Sedans

Started by cawimmer430, December 01, 2019, 12:16:39 PM

cawimmer430

Mercedes Has Built 500,000 Current-Generation S-Class Sedans, One In Three Went To China

The Mercedes-Benz Sindelfingen plant in Germany has built the 500,000th current-generation S-Class sedan since its introduction in 2013.

This brings all-time S-Class production number to around four million since the market launch of the 220 model in 1951. That's quite a remarkable achievement since we're talking about the brand's flagship model that starts at $94,240 in base S 450 guise, and $173,000 as a Mercedes-Maybach S 560.

Its success makes the S-Class by far the best-selling luxury saloon worldwide. Interestingly, the number one market for the S-Class is China, which accounted for more than one-third of the total production of the W222 generation. The second-largest market remains the United States, followed by Germany.

The current S-Class has been produced exclusively at the Sindelfingen site for the global market since 2013. The production milestone was celebrated at the plant by the S-Class teams from body-in-white, paint shop and assembly, together with Michael Bauer, Head of Production at the Mercedes-Benz Sindelfingen plant and Site Manager, and the site's Works Council Chairman, Ergun Lümali.

"Our Mercedes-Benz S-Class sets global standards – and this is also reflected in its production. The top quality of the S-Class, which rolls off the assembly line here in Sindelfingen, inspires our customers around the world," said Jörg Burzer, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz AG, Production and Supply Chain Management.

The Mercedes-Benz Sindelfingen facility is the lead factory for the production of the S-Class and E-Class models. More than 25,000 people build the S-Class Saloon, Coupé and Cabriolet (including Mercedes-Maybach models), E-Class Saloon and Estate, CLS, Mercedes-AMG GT, and GLA at the site.

In the future, the plant will also be the location for manufacturing electric vehicles of the new EQ product and technology sub-brand.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/mercedes-has-built-500000-current-generation-s-class-sedans-one-in-three-went-to-china/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

Great car and one of the handful of Benzes I don't fault people for getting
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Yeah, the interior of the current S-Class is absolutely stunning. It's hands down the best Mercedes interior. At the local dealership these cars are under lock and key, but I was once allowed to sit inside a Maybach version and man, the quality and feel of the materials... one word: SUPERB.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 02, 2019, 09:29:43 AM
Yeah, the interior of the current S-Class is absolutely stunning. It's hands down the best Mercedes interior. At the local dealership these cars are under lock and key, but I was once allowed to sit inside a Maybach version and man, the quality and feel of the materials... one word: SUPERB.
I saw my first M-B Maybach S-Class in Ho Chi Minh City a couple of weeks ago. Then I saw three more there.
Of all places...
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

cawimmer430

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 02, 2019, 12:48:42 PM
I saw my first M-B Maybach S-Class in Ho Chi Minh City a couple of weeks ago. Then I saw three more there.
Of all places...

It's in "poorer places" where a lot of these cars are bought. Status, baby. Status.

www.wimmerfotografie.de