***New Winter Tires for the E-Class***

Started by cawimmer430, November 04, 2008, 04:32:43 AM

cawimmer430

Dunlop Wintersport 3D

They won a comparison test in one of the last few Auto Motor und Sport magazines which prompted my dad to order them. This morning at the tire center they had a whole stack of these same tires there. Looks like other folks are going for them too. Anyway, some pics.  :ohyeah:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FlatBlackCaddy

I had a set of Dunlop SP wintersport M3's, good tires. Dunlop makes some good performance focused winter tires.

S204STi

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 04, 2008, 04:32:43 AM
Dunlop Wintersport 3D

They won a comparison test in one of the last few Auto Motor und Sport magazines which prompted my dad to order them. This morning at the tire center they had a whole stack of these same tires there. Looks like other folks are going for them too. Anyway, some pics.  :ohyeah:

I am using the very same tire, just different size, on a set of winter steelies for the WRX.  I really like them.  They actually ride better/quieter than the Pirelli all-seasons that I run the rest of the year.

I think my next set of summer tires will be actual summer tires, Dunlop Sport Maxx.

cawimmer430

Thanks for the feedback. So far I really these tires. Took the E320 out for a spin today and they feel softer, more comfortable yet more stable too than the old Dunlop winter tires we had on the car.  :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

The Pirate

What were the old Dunlop tires you had on the car, Wimmer?  I'm looking at some for my car too.  I'll probably end up with the Graspic DS-2.  I'm still trying to play around with how small of wheels I can put on the car.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

cawimmer430

Quote from: The Pirate on November 04, 2008, 10:11:46 AM
What were the old Dunlop tires you had on the car, Wimmer.  I'm looking at some for my car too.  I'll probably end up with the Graspic DS-2.  I'm still trying to play around with how small of wheels I can put on the car.

Dunlop Wintersport M3

:ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AltinD

Now those are something I got no use for. :lol:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de