Advise me on this MGB!

Started by Rupert, November 13, 2008, 07:56:39 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Onslaught on November 16, 2008, 05:16:49 PM
My dad would put me through a wall if I said something like that. And then I'd be homeless.

That's OK, who wants to stay in a home with a large human shaped hole in one of the walls anyway?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Onslaught

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2008, 05:18:14 PM
That's OK, who wants to stay in a home with a large human shaped hole in one of the walls anyway?
Yea, I have big ears too so the hole would be huge. He'd make me fix it before I was homeless.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Onslaught on November 16, 2008, 05:23:18 PM
Yea, I have big ears too so the hole would be huge. He'd make me fix it before I was homeless.

I'd refuse. What's he going to do, make another hole?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Onslaught

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2008, 05:24:00 PM
I'd refuse. What's he going to do, make another hole?
Yes. And then fire me from work. So I'd be homeless and job less. But this was all back when I was young enough to live at home. If you live at home you have to do what you're told. That's that.

Eye of the Tiger

I changed my mind. Get an X1/9.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Onslaught on November 16, 2008, 05:29:33 PM
Yes. And then fire me from work. So I'd be homeless and job less. But this was all back when I was young enough to live at home. If you live at home you have to do what you're told. That's that.

Well, at least he has to live in a house full of holes. That's something.

Rupert

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2008, 03:44:34 PM
S'oK. Adults say a lot of childish things when they don't think there are kids around.

Haha, I know. I have a couple of friends with children. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: Onslaught on November 16, 2008, 05:16:49 PM
My dad would put me through a wall if I said something like that. And then I'd be homeless.

They... aren't pleased with the below news, but they'll get over it. I saw a little smile on my dad's face when I told him.  :ohyeah:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

OK, well, I'm starting a topic in Fastlane.  :thumbsup:

BimmerM3

My dad was surprisingly supportive when I bought the E21.

Byteme

Quote from: NACar on November 15, 2008, 08:24:54 PM
Maybe. It might also be a PITA. If the engine runs smoothly, has good power and doesn't smoke, I wouldn't even bother. But that's just me. If you do get it, make sure it has the right size adapter to fit a Fiat spark plug hole.

The first Fiat I bought had a 1492cc engine and a transmission with a broken second gear.  The engine ran good, just a little somke and no vibration, no odd sounds. 

$35 got me a decent transmission from a local import only salvage yard (this was the early 80's).  When I pulled the oil pan to fix a gasket leak I was quite surprised to find about 1/4th of a piston skirt laying in the pan.  The car ran pretty good with that partially broken piston.

The point of the story is just because it drives and sounds OK, doesn't mean there are not problems.  And no, a compression tester probably wouldn't have found that.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Byteme on November 17, 2008, 12:18:50 PM
The first Fiat I bought had a 1492cc engine and a transmission with a broken second gear.  The engine ran good, just a little somke and no vibration, no odd sounds. 

$35 got me a decent transmission from a local import only salvage yard (this was the early 80's).  When I pulled the oil pan to fix a gasket leak I was quite surprised to find about 1/4th of a piston skirt laying in the pan.  The car ran pretty good with that partially broken piston.

The point of the story is just because it drives and sounds OK, doesn't mean there are not problems.  And no, a compression tester probably wouldn't have found that.

Like I've always said, piston skirts are overrated. :huh:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)