GTPC 501

Started by MaxPower, March 26, 2012, 07:01:56 PM

MaxPower

Because NACar insisted...

I'm looking for what this is and location specific to county.

Eye of the Tiger

I won't say anything. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

J86

Some blueberry field in maine?  where was blueberries for sal?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: J86 on March 26, 2012, 08:07:20 PM

Blueberries are gone, because that is a burnt field in the fall.

Colin

Last time I saw swathes of colour like that, it was driving across Mt Rainier National Park in autumn........ but I doubt that is where your pic is, as it appears too flat, with no sign of the famous Volcano in the background.

Laconian

Quote from: Colin on March 26, 2012, 11:17:17 PM
Last time I saw swathes of colour like that, it was driving across Mt Rainier National Park in autumn........ but I doubt that is where your pic is, as it appears too flat, with no sign of the famous Volcano in the background.
:rockon:

Rainier is also beautiful when the wildflowers come out in spring.

Ah, hell, it's always beautiful.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Rupert

Except when the view is blocked by Canadians in a rental RV. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

That has nothing to do with this blueberry field on the end of its prune year. It'll be full o berries come next summer. Ye will have to wait til then to cure the scurvy.

MaxPower

Quote from: J86 on March 26, 2012, 08:07:20 PM
Close but not close enough.  Blueberries for Sal was set in my hometown...I've eaten many a blueberry off of blueberry hill.

Quote from: Colin on March 26, 2012, 11:17:17 PM
Your sense of doubt is spot on...wrong side of the country.

J86

Quote from: MaxPower on March 27, 2012, 08:00:44 AM
Close but not close enough.  Blueberries for Sal was set in my hometown...I've eaten many a blueberry off of blueberry hill.

That's awesome.  Mom used to read that book to me all the time, growing up cruising the coast Down East!

MaxPower

Quote from: J86 on March 27, 2012, 09:18:43 AM
That's awesome.  Mom used to read that book to me all the time, growing up cruising the coast Down East!
Sal is a real person, too.  I've never met her but I worked with the author's son, either her son or nephew, I forget, at a marina for a few years in high school.

J86

too cool!  I hope he was a nice kid!

MaxPower

no new guesses?  it got narrowed down to Maine so quickly, but then died....

Payman

MaxPower

Quote from: Rockraven on March 31, 2012, 06:48:16 PM
Pet sematary?
Nope, I'm pretty much looking for the name of the county.

hotrodalex

Norridgewock Archeological District in Madison, Maine?

MaxPower

Quote from: hotrodalex on April 01, 2012, 09:05:15 AM
Norridgewock Archeological District in Madison, Maine?
Wrong side of the state..think blueberry producers

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Eye of the Tiger

Maine County Song
Sing to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy

16 counties in our State, Cumberland and Franklin.
Piscataquis, Somerset, Aroostook, Androscoggin
Sagadahoc, Kennebec, Lincoln, Knox and Hancock
Waldo, Washington and York
Oxford and Penobscot!

Rupert

MaxPower

Rupert

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on April 01, 2012, 05:03:18 PM
Oxford!

?

Nope. That's mostly rednecks and race cars.

Rupert

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on April 01, 2012, 05:06:30 PM
Hancock!

?

Now, that is a good guess, but I don't have the answer.

MaxPower

Quote from: Rupert on April 01, 2012, 05:06:30 PM
Hancock!

?
Very close...but not quite.  Hancock accounts for about 10% of production...this county accounts for pretty much the rest.

Rupert

MaxPower

Quote from: Rupert on April 01, 2012, 07:12:10 PM
Penobscot!

?
No, but you've now named 2 of 3 counties that boarder it

Colin

Washington County, I believe?

MaxPower

Quote from: Colin on April 02, 2012, 12:36:06 PM
Washington County, I believe?
yep...the blueberry barrens of Washington County, Maine.  Nick can tell you all the rest, because I'm guessing this is where a large part of his blueberry hunting took place.