1 (9.1%)
Lincoln MKX
1 (9.1%)
Land Rover Discovery Sport
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

FoMoJo

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on November 29, 2016, 10:27:58 AM
Congrats. That has a lovely interior and drives very well. One of my partners has an Evoque which is very similar.
Thanks.  Of the vehicles we tried, it best suited our requirements.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 29, 2016, 10:18:42 AM
So we decided on the Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE.

Just signed the purchase last night and should pick it up this Friday.

Firenze Red exterior and Ebony/Ebony/Cirrus interior.

Should look something like this...

Someone finally listened to me! 

I really hope it works out for you.   :mask:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

BimmerM3

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 29, 2016, 10:18:42 AM
So we decided on the Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE.

Just signed the purchase last night and should pick it up this Friday.

Firenze Red exterior and Ebony/Ebony/Cirrus interior.

Should look something like this...

Nice! I like the look of the new Disco - I don't think I've seen it before.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Raza  on November 29, 2016, 05:03:54 PM
Someone finally listened to me! 

I really hope it works out for you.   :mask:
As a matter of fact, I did listen to you. :ohyeah: It wasn't even on our original list.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

FoMoJo

Quote from: Cookie Monster on November 29, 2016, 05:04:47 PM
Such a good looking SUV. Congrats.
Quote from: BimmerM3 on November 29, 2016, 07:53:20 PM
Thanks, it really looks better in person.  Lots of nice features.

BimmerM3

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 29, 2016, 08:03:04 PM
As a matter of fact, I did listen to you. :ohyeah: It wasn't even on our original list.

:lol:

It's amazing how important financial decisions can be influenced by "strangers" (quotes because a lot of us have been around long enough that we know each other fairly well) over the internet. I wouldn't have gotten the Explorer if it weren't for the Spin.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: BimmerM3 on November 29, 2016, 11:18:00 PM
:lol:

It's amazing how important financial decisions can be influenced by "strangers" (quotes because a lot of us have been around long enough that we know each other fairly well) over the internet. I wouldn't have gotten the Explorer if it weren't for the Spin.

I was straight until I came here
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 29, 2016, 11:47:28 PM
I was straight until I came here

Are you gay now too?  If that many more people come out, Joe might switch back. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

giant_mtb

Quote from: BimmerM3 on November 29, 2016, 07:53:20 PM

Yes you have.

12,000 RPM

It was weird when the Explorer and Range Rover came out looking like each other around the same time. FWIW I think the facelifted Explorer looks really good. Ford got shameless with the plagiarism though.

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

veeman

Congratulations.  Beautiful car.  The red/black combo looks great.  Interesting that the other SUV you were strongly considering, the Jaguar F pace, is made sorta by the same company (both owned by Tata).

FoMoJo

Quote from: veeman on December 01, 2016, 06:42:04 AM
Congratulations.  Beautiful car.  The red/black combo looks great.  Interesting that the other SUV you were strongly considering, the Jaguar F pace, is made sorta by the same company (both owned by Tata).
Thanks.  It has the Black Design Pack which includes 20" black gloss rims as well as black grille and other trim pieces.

Tata has infused money into the brand(s), but has not interfered with them.  However, up to this point, they still have an EcoBoost engine; which is fine by me.

SJ_GTI

Congrats! Post up some pics when you have chance. Its a great looking SUV.

FoMoJo

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 01, 2016, 01:18:56 PM
Congrats! Post up some pics when you have chance. Its a great looking SUV.
Thanks. Picking it up tomorrow.  I take some pictures.

Payman

Congrats on being a COG (cool old guy  :lol:). You could have easily went the gold Enclave route. Great looking Disco.

Raza

Quote from: Rockraven on December 02, 2016, 04:46:10 AM
Congrats on being a COG (cool old guy  :lol:). You could have easily went the gold Enclave route. Great looking Disco.

Cool old guy indeed.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FoMoJo

Quote from: Rockraven on December 02, 2016, 04:46:10 AM
The only Buick I would consider now would be a '56 Buick Special, Robins Egg blue with white vinyl interior and white convertible top; like the one I saw in a used car lot on the Danforth in 1960 and almost bought :lol:

But there was one car that had me thinking seriously about http://erinwoodford.com/view/new-2017-ford-mustang-98805/...until my wife brought me back to me senses :frown:.

FoMoJo

Raza

That is a great looking small SUV.  I think the powertrain/transmission could use some love in the future, but if you didn't want to wait forever for the Jag engine to get in there, it's a smart move now.  The lease deals on it were absolutely insane. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SJ_GTI

Was wondering when these would show up. Looks great IMHO. I am not always a fan of black wheels but with the overall color scheme it works perfectly here.  :ohyeah:

Speaking of, what size wheel/tire does this come with?

FoMoJo

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 07, 2016, 01:09:14 PM
Was wondering when these would show up. Looks great IMHO. I am not always a fan of black wheels but with the overall color scheme it works perfectly here.  :ohyeah:

Speaking of, what size wheel/tire does this come with?
There seem to be 5 tire/wheel choices...

235/60R18 107H
8Jx18 ET45
5x108
OE 

225/65R17 106V
7.5Jx17 ET40
5x108

235/65R17 104V
7.5Jx17 ET40
5x108

235/55R19 105V
8Jx19 ET45
5x108

245/45R20 99V
9Jx20 ET40
5x108

Ours has the Black Design Package which includes the 20 inch wheels with 245/45R20 tires.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 07, 2016, 02:25:58 PM

Ours has the Black Design Package which includes the 20 inch wheels with 245/45R20 tires.

Was gonna say they look pretty low profile for an SUV. I am guessing those are not designed to go offroad.  :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: Raza  on December 07, 2016, 12:52:36 PM
That is a great looking small SUV.  I think the powertrain/transmission could use some love in the future, but if you didn't want to wait forever for the Jag engine to get in there, it's a smart move now.  The lease deals on it were absolutely insane. 
They don't like to admit it at the Jaguar/Land Rover dealership, but it does have the I4 2.0 litre Ford Ecoboost engine which is fine with me; though it does have the 9–speed ZF 9-HP transmission.

It all seems to work very well together in both city and highway driving.  More than adequate zip in just about all driving circumstances, depending on your foot and, if you're gentle, it strives towards efficiency; keeping revs at between 1500 to 2000 rpm up to 120 kph.  On a recent city/highway trip, we got 8.1 litres per 100 kilometres according to the info screen.  The only thing I don't really like is the engine stop/start feature, not that it doesn't work well, but I just don't like the engine quitting every time I stop.  Fortunately, there's a convenient little button that turns the feature off.

FoMoJo

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 07, 2016, 02:34:06 PM
Was gonna say they look pretty low profile for an SUV. I am guessing those are not designed to go offroad.  :lol:
I try to stay one the road as much as possible. :lol:

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

CJ

I may be one of the few people who absolutely abhors the Discovery. I hate it. I hate yours too.

I'm not kidding. Great that you like it, but I absolutely loathe it.

FoMoJo

Quote from: CJ on December 12, 2016, 02:57:00 PM
I may be one of the few people who absolutely abhors the Discovery. I hate it. I hate yours too.

I'm not kidding. Great that you like it, but I absolutely loathe it.
You don't like the style, or something else?