***1980 Oldsmobile Omega in Bavaria! Malaise Baby, Malaise!***

Started by cawimmer430, June 11, 2022, 12:10:18 PM

cawimmer430

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the apparently only Oldsmobile Omega in all of Germany!  :praise:

Saw this car in Mühldorf am Inn while I was cycling. It was parked in a driveway and luckily the owner was looking out of the window and allowed me to take some snapshots of it. It's his first "classic car". Yes, the German owner of this vehicle bought it for use as a classic car! And you people wonder why I FAP over Plymouth Volares or Dodge Monacos! It's in our Kraut blood!  :lol:

The rear lights had a "80" number so I thought this was a 1980 model, but the owner claims it's a 1978 model. Also, the car has a kilometer speedometer - Canadian-spec model perhaps? These were not sold in Europe. In all my excitement I about seeing this car I forgot to ask what engine was under the hood: the Iron Duke or the 2.8 V6, but I guess the trim level looks very "upmarket" so I suppose this could be a V6 model.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

veeman

It looks more like a 3rd generation (1980 - 1984) than a 2nd generation model.  Nice find!  No visible rust. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Omega

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: veeman on June 11, 2022, 12:30:41 PM
It looks more like a 3rd generation (1980 - 1984) than a 2nd generation model.  Nice find!  No visible rust. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Omega

On another forum one guy claimed this is actually a Swiss-made Omega. Apparently some X-cars were made in Switzerland for the "European market", mainly the Benelux countries, Switzerland and Germany. I've never seen one here on the road. That's not surprising since these would never be major sellers here. I bet the numbers produced were also rather small, maybe in the 150-300 car region.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 11, 2022, 12:56:34 PM
Oh wait, that's a Chevy Citation, X-body. Even better. :muffin:

The first Chevy of the '80s!!! Chevy Citaaaaaaaaaaation!

www.wimmerfotografie.de