2023 Chevy Colorado

Started by CaminoRacer, August 26, 2022, 10:22:05 AM

CaminoRacer

https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/colorado

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40731243/2023-chevrolet-colorado-revealed/

- The 2023 Chevrolet Colorado grows in size with a completely new and wider exterior design and a vastly improved interior.
- Chevy has added a Trail Boss trim level for the 2023 Colorado, but the mid-size pickup's previously offered V-6 and Duramax diesel powertrains get the boot, replaced by the Silverado 1500's turbocharged 2.7-liter inline-four with output varying from 231 to 310 horsepower with 430 pound-feet of torque.
- Chevy says its third-generation Colorado will begin production in the first half of 2023 at GM's Wentzville, Missouri, assembly plant where the current Colorado and GMC Canyon are built.

Chevy has streamlined the bulk of its configurability for the 2023 Colorado based on the popularity of the previous-generation truck, offering this new unit exclusively as a four-door crew cab with the shorter five-foot-two-inch box. From base Work Truck (WT) trim up to the dust-busting ZR2 off-roader, Chevy has opted to offer what most people want, even if that means giving some people more than they need by dropping short-cab and long-bed options.

Base WT and LT trims come standard with 237 horsepower with 259 pound-feet of torque. This powertrain's max towing capacity is 3500 pounds.
The midlevel Z71 and new-for-2023 Trail Boss trim come with a 310 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque with 7700 pounds of max towing. That's the highest in the segment. This powertrain is also available for WT and LT levels.
Finally, the big-daddy ZR2 has the same horsepower as Z71 and Trail Boss, but with 430 pound-feet of torque at 3000 rpm. That's a 121 horsepower and 61-pound-foot improvement over the outgoing diesel engine. Chevy says any trim can upgrade to the high-output engine through their Limited Production Option (LPO) preorder offer.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

CaminoRacer

This looks really promising. I wonder how much a well-optioned LT with the LPO high output engine would end up costing?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

What's the size compared to the Ranger?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

RomanChariot

The top engine puts out more HP and torque than the 454 I had in my old 3/4 ton Suburban.

giant_mtb

AutobahnSHO

"offering this new unit exclusively as a four-door crew cab with the shorter five-foot-two-inch box."

Interesting. And the Mav has a 4.5ft box.
Will