Porsche Wants 911 Owners To Use This Roof Tent For Their Adventures

Started by cawimmer430, September 12, 2022, 02:48:54 PM

cawimmer430

What's the point of this? Who goes camping in a Porsche sports car?

Porsche Wants 911 Owners To Use This Roof Tent For Their Adventures

If you own a Porsche and are an adventurous spirit, a newly-launched roof tent from Porsche Tequipment could prove to be the perfect accessory.

The tent has been designed to fit the 911, Macan, Cayenne, Panamera, and Taycan and features two side windows and a roof window as standard. In its fully extended position, the floor of the tent measures 210 cm x 130 cm (82.6-in x 51.5-in) and comes equipped with a high-density polyfoam mattress.

As anyone who goes camping will tell you, the weather doesn't always play ball when you want to head outside. As such, the Porsche roof tent has water-resistant zips and a separate rain cover at the entry. An insect guard is also featured to offer protection against mosquitos.

Porsche says that the tent can be opened by simply opening the lockable safety latches, lifting the hardcase, and keeping it there with the two gas pressure shock absorbers. The foot zone of the floor can then be folded up and stabilized with the telescopic ladder. The tent can then be erected with the four poles.

The hardcase is available with a Black/Light Grey or a Black/Dark Grey finish, both of which are accompanied by a matte black Porsche logo. A number of additional Porsche Tequipment accessories are in the works, including an inner tent, a heated blanket, and a shoe and bag organizer.

While the roof tent does work with the 911, it isn't compatible with GT, Cabriolet, and Targa variants. The roof tent also limits the top speed of any model to 130 km/h (81 mph).

As for its price, it'll set back shoppers a cool €4,980 ($4,989), which isn't what we'd call cheap but isn't a surprise considering it is a Porsche branded product. It is also cheaper (and much more useful) than some of Porsche's expensive timepieces.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2022/09/porsche-wants-owners-to-use-this-roof-tent-for-their-adventures/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

This is really dumb (and stupidly expensive). But I would also not be upset to see a 911 in a campground with this on it.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 13, 2022, 01:43:02 PM
How's that Road Glide? All your hair turn gray, yet?
It's doing good! I don't ride as much as I used to these days. I'm getting a lil gray in my facial hair tho! LOL!!!!!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SJ_GTI

Porsche offers AWD on the 911. Its basically the same as a Jeep.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Speed_Racer on September 15, 2022, 11:42:11 AM
$5,000...wow

That's probably what the average 60-year-old happily married Porsche owner spends on his 20-year-old girlfriend per month. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie