Audi boss Duesmann open to car-free days and speed limits

Started by cawimmer430, November 16, 2022, 04:29:03 AM

cawimmer430

What a moron.

In other news, my local butcher down the road wants meat-free days and for you to live a vegan lifestyle...

Audi boss Duesmann open to car-free days and speed limits

Mith surprising statements about car-free days and speed limits, Audi boss Markus Duesmann has spoken out. "In order to get us in Germany better attuned to the situation and the need to save, there could be car-free days again, like in the 1970s," he said "Süddeutsche Zeitung". In the conversation he also commented on the speed limit, which he described as a helpful symbol. "We have to rethink, realize that our lives are changing," he said.

The company sees the first signs that incoming orders for Audis are declining. The current positive business situation could prove to be deceptive, said Duesmann, who worked for the Daimler Group before joining Audi. According to him, the energy crisis is already making itself felt in driving behavior. "I can already see on the Autobahn that people are running out of money," he said. Where there was otherwise unrestricted racing, many now lead to the right at 100 kilometers per hour. Money as the only regulator will not suffice in this area.

Duesmann also thinks a speed limit is a helpful symbol. He himself will also take part and use the positive effect of empty streets. "If it's a Sunday, I'll ride my road bike across the closed highway," he said. His stance contradicts that of the Association of the Automotive Industry, for which President Hildegard Müller is vehemently opposed to a speed limit and says drivers do not need any instructions.

Despite the turning point in history, he believes that last year's decision to be the first car manufacturer to do without the combustion engine was the right one. "The price of electricity in Germany and in Europe may have increased now, but we will not adjust our strategy because of that," he said. On the other hand, other cars in the VW Group could continue to produce combustion engines for a little longer than planned.

Link: https://newsingermany.com/audi-boss-duesmann-open-to-car-free-days-and-speed-limits/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

veeman

He's just playing politics.  Whether there are a few car free days a month or not in certain German locales will not affect Audi sales.  So they're meaningless words.   Whether the speed limit or not is reduced on the Autobahn will also have nothing to do with whatever press statement an auto manufacturer makes.  He figures if Audi is seen as a partner with the Greenies or whatever they're called in Germany, there may be a better future for Audi.

cawimmer430

Quote from: veeman on November 16, 2022, 11:07:51 AM
He's just playing politics.  Whether there are a few car free days a month or not in certain German locales will not affect Audi sales.  So they're meaningless words.   Whether the speed limit or not is reduced on the Autobahn will also have nothing to do with whatever press statement an auto manufacturer makes.  He figures if Audi is seen as a partner with the Greenies or whatever they're called in Germany, there may be a better future for Audi.

Indeed, he's crawling up the asses of the Green Party and the woke left media we have in this country. The German press is infested with virtue signaling assholes of the left & woke type who get hard thinking about their eco-communist future utopia in which cities are car-free, everyone is vegan and all 67 different genders live happily ever after... :lol:

Even the church has gone insane here. The church has stated that from now on, their employees will drive no faster than 100 km/h on the Autobahns and 80 km/h on normal roads. You know what I call that? A frigging HINDRANCE.

I'm so sick of the Green, woke and leftist idiots in this country and their desire to tell me how to live my life.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie