Ford Bronco first look!

Started by Payman, July 13, 2020, 07:52:59 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: RomanChariot on April 20, 2022, 09:27:19 AM
I follow a YouTube channel that does off-road recoveries and they had one recently that had a Bronco with a broken tie-rod. Of course they are also constantly towing out side-by-sides with busted front suspensions. Off-roading is a great way to find out what a vehicles weaknesses are.

It is; which is why most people are running older trucks that are paid for and modified.

I mean, yeah; there are reports of busted tie-rods. The question is really "how did they bust them," and secondly, were they doing something that would break most any truck any ways.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

veeman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 20, 2022, 10:01:39 AM
It is; which is why most people are running older trucks that are paid for and modified.

I mean, yeah; there are reports of busted tie-rods. The question is really "how did they bust them," and secondly, were they doing something that would break most any truck any ways.

Lots of Ford Raptors with bent frames due to fast runs with jumps in the desert.

giant_mtb

Quote from: RomanChariot on April 20, 2022, 09:27:19 AM
I follow a YouTube channel that does off-road recoveries and they had one recently that had a Bronco with a broken tie-rod. Of course they are also constantly towing out side-by-sides with busted front suspensions. Off-roading is a great way to find out what a vehicles weaknesses are.

Matt's Off Road Recovery?  The guy did a great job doing that fix for it right on the trail...I didn't even know portable welders like that existed.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 20, 2022, 11:03:49 AM
Matt's Off Road Recovery?  The guy did a great job doing that fix for it right on the trail...I didn't even know portable welders like that existed.

I love that channel.
XJ FTW
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 20, 2022, 11:04:39 AM
I love that channel.
XJ FTW

Morrvair sounds cooler, but I like seeing the XJs hold their own. And a leaky straight-6 XJ exhaust has its own auditory charm.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 20, 2022, 11:16:17 AM
Morrvair sounds cooler, but I like seeing the XJs hold their own. And a leaky straight-6 XJ exhaust has its own auditory charm.

Yeah, I put three mufflers on mine. It's Lexus Quiet now. :lol:

RomanChariot

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 20, 2022, 11:03:49 AM

Yeah, that's the one. I live in Utah and have spent a fair amount of time in southern Utah but most of it on foot.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: veeman on April 20, 2022, 10:47:24 AM
Lots of Ford Raptors with bent frames due to fast runs with jumps in the desert.

Exactly; and I don't think anybody is seriously saying that's caused by weak frames.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: RomanChariot on April 20, 2022, 03:06:11 PM
Yeah, that's the one. I live in Utah and have spent a fair amount of time in southern Utah but most of it on foot.

If I was in Utah I would get stuck intentionally, then call him so I can get a T-shirt.

NomisR

Speaking of issues, our GX started getting a creaking sound on bumpy roads after going offroading a bit, the sound seems like it's coming from the back of the car.  But went away after the car sat over night.  Still can't figure out what caused it.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 20, 2022, 04:13:55 PM
If I was in Utah I would get stuck intentionally, then call him so I can get a T-shirt.

Give me $500 for a Jeep or UTV rental and I'll do it
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 20, 2022, 05:27:22 PM
Give me $500 for a Jeep or UTV rental and I'll do it

It's easier to get stuck in a rental Nissan Versa. Find a trail and keep going until you can't go no more.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NomisR on April 20, 2022, 05:06:43 PM
Speaking of issues, our GX started getting a creaking sound on bumpy roads after going offroading a bit, the sound seems like it's coming from the back of the car.  But went away after the car sat over night.  Still can't figure out what caused it.

Dirt getting into bushings and stuff. It happens.

NomisR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 20, 2022, 06:04:02 PM
Dirt getting into bushings and stuff. It happens.

That's what i'm assuming too and it came loose somehow, lower part of the back bumper is all scratched up.

Raza

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 19, 2022, 01:50:00 PM
Oops.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/04/water-way-to-go-ford-bronco-submerged-by-maine-high-tide-for-two-nights/amp/

"Unconfirmed local reports say the out-of-state driver ignored warning signs about driving cars on the bar too near to high tide and was performing donuts on the sand before they got stuck."

Well, the Jersey plates check out.  :lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

Summertime and the livin's easy. The hard top is off, I finally installed the mesh bikini top she ordered when she bought it, and she picked up a fun vintage tan spare cover.

It's going in to the dealer in a few weeks for a couple bumper-to-bumper repairs - two bolts on the hood (the branch guard hoop things) were corroded when she took delivery, and they've been backordered for a while. And one of the two rear defroster wires popped off the rear window unprovoked. Bad adhesive or QA? They're replacing the entire rear window - it's two weeks out.

Otherwise, no major issues or complaints. She's already at 3,000 miles and averaging almost 23 mpg. The old dudes LOVE to chat her up about it. We'll be popping into the mountains for some off-roading soon now that trails are open.

veeman

The tan green combo looks great!

giant_mtb

Speed_Racer

Just needs some Eddie Bauer badges :lol:

giant_mtb

Throw some BFG KO2's or Goodyear DuraTracs on 'er and make her look nice and CHONKY.  :cheers:

Raza

Quote from: Speed_Racer on June 05, 2022, 08:45:44 PM
Summertime and the livin's easy. The hard top is off, I finally installed the mesh bikini top she ordered when she bought it, and she picked up a fun vintage tan spare cover.

It's going in to the dealer in a few weeks for a couple bumper-to-bumper repairs - two bolts on the hood (the branch guard hoop things) were corroded when she took delivery, and they've been backordered for a while. And one of the two rear defroster wires popped off the rear window unprovoked. Bad adhesive or QA? They're replacing the entire rear window - it's two weeks out.

Otherwise, no major issues or complaints. She's already at 3,000 miles and averaging almost 23 mpg. The old dudes LOVE to chat her up about it. We'll be popping into the mountains for some off-roading soon now that trails are open.

Love it!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Will

Soup DeVille

Eye of the Tiger

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 12, 2022, 03:57:43 PM
Manufacturer plates?

Were they testing?

By the time they're driving around without camo on, they're usually done testing, but they'll lend the cars to engineers for a few weeks under the guise of "driving impression gathering."

GoCougs

JFC estimated curb weight is 5,800 lbs.

AutobahnSHO

Will

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJov5Ju7QA

I've just started watching it, but it's got Cammisa so it must be good
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT