Ford Maverick

Started by Payman, June 08, 2021, 10:24:43 AM

Speed_Racer

Quirkssssssssssss

Looks like a new Subaru Baja, minus the handy bed pass-through. Bring that back, manufacturers

AutobahnSHO

I think the Santa Cruz will sell really well. Why not buy an almost useless little empty bed in the back of your car??

Maverick will sell even better- cuz "Truck". Looks anyway.
Will

CaminoRacer

If I did/do get a Maverick, I'd probably put a bed cap on it. Can't do that as easily with the Santa Cruz.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

I see the practicality of caps but also what's the point over just putting a divider in an SUV???...   :lol:

I'd love a super easy to remove cap... But the lightness would then make it to weak......

I really like the idea of a small pickup but I really will want something just for towing a (small) camp trailer. So the line between enough towing capacity and too much truck is real!
Will

veeman

I don't see the Santa Cruz selling that well but the Maverick selling great.  It's the styling and brand image. The same reason the Honda Ridgeline never sold that well. 

CaminoRacer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 14, 2021, 07:25:08 AM
I see the practicality of caps but also what's the point over just putting a divider in an SUV???...   :lol:

I'd love a super easy to remove cap... But the lightness would then make it to weak......

I really like the idea of a small pickup but I really will want something just for towing a (small) camp trailer. So the line between enough towing capacity and too much truck is real!

Being able to remove the cap when I need to haul an engine or something would be the big benefit.

Galaxy

Quote from: veeman on August 14, 2021, 09:11:54 AM
I don't see the Santa Cruz selling that well but the Maverick selling great.  It's the styling and brand image. The same reason the Honda Ridgeline never sold that well. 

Styling is the only thing I prefer about the Hyundai, everything else the Ford seems to have it beat. Especially with the hybrid drive.

AutobahnSHO

The price difference is going to be HYUGE.
Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Galaxy on August 14, 2021, 02:04:14 PM
Styling is the only thing I prefer about the Hyundai, everything else the Ford seems to have it beat. Especially with the hybrid drive.

Yeah, supposedly the hybrid gets better mileage than my Miata.

AutobahnSHO

I've never bought nor lusted after a new car before, but I really really want one of these in orange.  :ohyeah:

Actually considering one. Would be our perfect 3rd (rainy weather commuting) "car"....   It's a tall station wagon with the back chopped off?  :lol:
Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 06, 2021, 04:08:24 AM
I've never bought nor lusted after a new car before, but I really really want one of these in orange.  :ohyeah:

Actually considering one. Would be our perfect 3rd (rainy weather commuting) "car"....   It's a tall station wagon with the back chopped off?  :lol:

I want the mid level trim but with the base level's steelies.

Payman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 06, 2021, 09:16:15 AM
I want the mid level trim but with the base level's steelies.

Same. Looks great in the steelies. I'd be swapping wheels/tires for the winter anyways.

Payman

But after my Ford Focus Powershit adventures, I don't trust Ford to do a CVT, and I hate CVTs.

SJ_GTI

Seems like a bunch of reviews were released on YouTube. I watched a couple...seems like a good light duty truck

AutobahnSHO

Reviews seem like it's just what we need most of the time for our "middle" car to keep 15 years. No reverse gear is interesting (uses electric motor).  Wife has me emailing dealers for custom build, delivery in spring :mask:

Lariat hybrid FWD
-carbonized (dark) grey
-luxury package (includes spare tire (LOL), android auto, dual climate, hitch with light connector, spray in bed liner, noise reduction windshield, power rear window, power seats)
-rubber floor mats
-wheel locks.
-$31710 MSRP.

:mask:
Will

CaminoRacer

Ahh the luxurious spare tire

AutobahnSHO

Will

Payman

r0tor

Quote from: Rockraven on October 06, 2021, 09:46:15 AM
But after my Ford Focus Powershit adventures, I don't trust Ford to do a CVT, and I hate CVTs.

Well, the cvt on my parents fusion hybrid did blow up in like 30k miles
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: r0tor on October 07, 2021, 07:27:48 PM
Well, the cvt on my parents fusion hybrid did blow up in like 30k miles

Hopefully they've fixed that!  :confused:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Reading reviews, wife and I are 100% going to get one of these. Just a matter of how much we can get one for.

It strikes me as funny because I could always see the utility of a truck but didn't need/want one. This is more like a more capable BRAT or Baja than anything else, with better city MPG than a hybrid Civic!! 

Kind of floors me thinking of buying a new car- I have paid $12k, $9k, $5.5k, and $4.5k for minivans. All the others in my sig were under $3k (except for Impreza which wife bought new before marriage).
Will

Speed_Racer

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 08, 2021, 04:55:39 AM
Reading reviews, wife and I are 100% going to get one of these. Just a matter of how much we can get one for.

It strikes me as funny because I could always see the utility of a truck but didn't need/want one. This is more like a more capable BRAT or Baja than anything else, with better city MPG than a hybrid Civic!! 

Kind of floors me thinking of buying a new car- I have paid $12k, $9k, $5.5k, and $4.5k for minivans. All the others in my sig were under $3k (except for Impreza which wife bought new before marriage).

Buy it and drive it into the ground. But if you don't, I'm curious if the Maverick will hold it's value over time as well as mid and full size trucks do

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on October 08, 2021, 10:28:07 AM
Buy it and drive it into the ground. But if you don't, I'm curious if the Maverick will hold it's value over time as well as mid and full size trucks do

Used Rangers were always pretty cheap. But I guess they were pretty cheap new too.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Speed_Racer on October 08, 2021, 10:28:07 AM

That's the plan. :)

If they're truly as good a combination of doing stuff and economy as I think they are, I'm guessing they will sell well and stay popular (and hold value).

Jeeps and motorcycles are other value-holders. But I wouldn't pay the money people shell out for those so maybe I'm 100% wrong. :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Apparently all the trucks coming off the line are the terbow version. They start building or shipping hybrids December 8.
Will

AutobahnSHO

AND funny to me, this "mini" truck is only 3 inches shorter in length than a Honda Odyssey. It's about as tall and only 5 inches narrower in width. LOL.
Will

SJ_GTI

I feel like 5 inches narrower is quite a bit.

The length isn't too surprising. Trucks are longer than cars. If it was shorter the bed wouldn't really be functional.

AutobahnSHO

Wife went to local dealer today and dropped $5k for the order. Dark grey Lariat hybrid with luxury package will be about $32k.

What she Really wanted though was a '73 Bronco with only 16k original miles in amazing (restored?) condition for "only" $80k... Lol
Will

shp4man

I thought these things would sell

FoMoJo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 14, 2021, 02:22:41 PM
Wife went to local dealer today and dropped $5k for the order. Dark grey Lariat hybrid with luxury package will be about $32k.

What she Really wanted though was a '73 Bronco with only 16k original miles in amazing (restored?) condition for "only" $80k... Lol
She's got good taste.  Any indication of delivery?

I've seen a lot of brands with various shades of grey with the "wet clay" look.  Dark is better.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."