2022 Chevy Tahoe

Started by Morris Minor, April 26, 2022, 06:01:17 AM

Morris Minor

After a week of this rental, I can see the appeal of these behemoths. Once you're used to the size, & learned to deal with tight parking lots (it has lots of sensors to help,) it's incredibly comfortable & relaxing for long journeys.

I shot this at an overlook on the northern California coast.
Murrica.

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

NomisR

How roomy was the interior?  I've rented the previous model before and while the car was wider, the 3rd row space and trunk space felt smaller than the Pilot that we had. 

Morris Minor

Quote from: NomisR on April 26, 2022, 11:29:55 AM
How roomy was the interior?  I've rented the previous model before and while the car was wider, the 3rd row space and trunk space felt smaller than the Pilot that we had. 
It was fine; there were two captains chairs in the 2nd row. The third row had split backrests & could seat three... I was impressed by the legroom between 2nd & 3rd rows. Not great, but tolerable. Supposedly the new generation is much better now it has independent rear suspension - allows for a lower floor.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

veeman

That pic you took could go on a website advertisement for GM. 

Especially with the Suburban, I know families in my town that are on their 3rd one.  They drive them till 150 - 200 thousand miles and then replace with another one. 

RomanChariot

I had a 1999 Suburban for 13 years and it was a great vehicle for hauling a lot of people and luggage as well as towing. Mine was a 3/4 ton with a 454 so it got terrible gas mileage but it did everything I wanted it to do. We took multiple long road trips with 8 people and all of their luggage for 7-9 days. My children weren't bothered by the low seat height of the 3rd row and they loved all of the space. My F-250 is nice for putting stuff in the bed and it tows a little better but I really miss that old Suburban.

giant_mtb

Great vehicles.  Kinda nuts how pricey they are though...starting at $50,500.  $55,000 if you want 4WD.