No Garage

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 07, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

Eye of the Tiger

In related news, the modifications that I did to my Harbor Freight flux core AC welder worked great. The stainless steel welds were super clean and only looked bad in spots because I am not a real welder. All ot took was a rectifier, capacitor, cooling fan, spool of stainless flux core wire, and wiring it DCEP. It is easily switchable to DCEN for regular steel wire, but I already havr an inverter welder for that.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

If I do turn out corona positive, I will likely have to sell Cherokee just to pay bills n shit. Fuck 2020.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 30, 2020, 12:22:22 PM
If I do turn out corona positive, I will likely have to sell Cherokee just to pay bills n shit. Fuck 2020.
Can you not apply for some of that free money that the government is handing out?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 30, 2020, 01:28:50 PM
Can you not apply for some of that free money that the government is handing out?

Yeah, no. I'm not unemployed. I'm just on unpaid sick leave.

Laconian

No statutory sick leave FTL
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on July 30, 2020, 02:08:53 PM
No statutory sick leave FTL

I'm going to sue Trump for being a fucking dumbass.

Eye of the Tiger

Drove to Charleston and back ~ 80 MPH, averaged 43 MPG. Not bad.

Eye of the Tiger

On the other hand, Cherokee hit 14 MPG on its last tank. Lol

Eye of the Tiger

I just finished doing the 5-year maintenance on my Bohlens 20" push mower (the cheapest model from Lowes). Basically, in 5 years, I changed the oil once. It wasn't performing 100% any longer, so it was time to go through everything. Cleaned all the debris under the fan shroud, cleaned and oiled the deck, sharpened the blade, disassembled and cleaned the carb, replaced the spark plug, cleaned the air filter, changed the oil, and did a +1 ball bearing wheel upgrade with custom spacers.

:praise:

FoMoJo

Does it still start?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 22, 2020, 01:37:08 PM
Does it still start?

Not sure yet. But it rolls real smooth on the new dubz :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

W i d e  t r a c k  mower.
Wider is better.
MOWING EXCITEMENT!!!

Eye of the Tiger

Some dickbag swerving through traffic in an Altima came up from behind me and swerved out to try to pass. I could tell they were going to cut back in front of me just to take the next exit. So I pinned Cherokee's gas pedal to the floor and they clearly did the same thing, but they couldn't take me. They gave up and cut back in behind me at somewhere around 6:00 on Cherokee's 85 MPH speedo, then probably went full ABS on the brakes for the 25 MPH off ramp.
If you're going to drive like a dickbag, you'd better have the power, and the balls to back it up. Fuck people. :lol:

shp4man

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 29, 2020, 01:32:55 PM
Some dickbag swerving through traffic in an Altima came up from behind me and swerved out to try to pass. I could tell they were going to cut back in front of me just to take the next exit. So I pinned Cherokee's gas pedal to the floor and they clearly did the same thing, but they couldn't take me. They gave up and cut back in behind me at somewhere around 6:00 on Cherokee's 85 MPH speedo, then probably went full ABS on the brakes for the 25 MPH off ramp.
If you're going to drive like a dickbag, you'd better have the power, and the balls to back it up. Fuck people. :lol:

Miata is always the answer.  :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 29, 2020, 01:32:55 PM
Yeah, can't stand people trying to pull shit like that.  I see them and get a sense of what they're up to and I just pull ahead far enough that they can't make it past me.  Much braking and swerving in the rear-view mirror.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on August 29, 2020, 02:01:53 PM
Miata is always the answer.  :lol:

You think Miata can take Cherokee up to 100+ MPH?
:devil:

shp4man

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 29, 2020, 02:55:48 PM
You think Miata can take Cherokee up to 100+ MPH?
:devil:

You'd win on a dirt road.  :muffin:

Eye of the Tiger

shp4man

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 29, 2020, 03:05:39 PM
It's 2wd ... :lol:

Miata suspension is stiff as fuck- rear tires would be bouncing and spinning, plus only about 3 inches ground clearance.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on August 29, 2020, 03:10:02 PM
Miata suspension is stiff as fuck- rear tires would be bouncing and spinning, plus only about 3 inches ground clearance.

You think Cherokee rides like a Cadillac? :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Of course, the AW4 automatic is one of the greatest automatic transmissions in the history of the multiverse, the Jeep 4.0 straight-six is one of the greatest engines ever to exist in three dimensions, and the unibody chassis on two solid axles can take anything a dirt road could possibly throw at it. The rear diff needs a limited slip of some sort, and it could use new shocks all around.

Eye of the Tiger

SJ_GTI

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 03, 2020, 06:41:51 AM
Sold...?

Or driven off a cliff...?

Repo'd. :lockedup: :lol:
Fuck it. I hate that damn finace company. I tried and tried to work with them. They led me along, lied, and then pulled oit the rug.

Eye of the Tiger

The good news is that now I get to buy a beater to replace it.

Eye of the Tiger

Repeat after me: I will never finace a car ever again.

I will never finance a car ever again.

Eye of the Tiger

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 03, 2020, 08:00:40 AM
Repo'd. :lockedup: :lol:
Fuck it. I hate that damn finace company. I tried and tried to work with them. They led me along, lied, and then pulled oit the rug.

That sucks. Are you still working at your new mechanic gig?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 03, 2020, 12:34:53 PM
That sucks. Are you still working at your new mechanic gig?

Yeah, and I just got a big raise. Too late. Lol

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 03, 2020, 01:46:11 PM
Yeah, and I just got a big raise. Too late. Lol

So how does the repo work...since they took it back does that mean any back (or future) payments are also void? Or do you still owe them money (loan balance less current value of the vehicle or something like that)?