Citroen Mehari REBORN!

Started by cawimmer430, October 02, 2010, 05:00:08 AM

cawimmer430

Love it. Although I've always admired Citroen, I'm really becoming a borderline hardcore Citroen fan these days. I saw the new DS4 hatch in traffic in front of me yesterday and it looked stunning. It had French plates which leads me to believe it was a Citroen company car as these cars are not on sale yet to my knowledge.

Paris 2010: Citro?n Lacoste Concept is a fashion buggy for the white belt set

This is the Citro?n Lacoste concept, which the automaker describes as "an emblem for a state-of-mind" ? that particular mental state probably including sun, sand, bikinis and Speedos. The open buggy-like four-seater with floating headrests is the opposite of "always more," powered by a three-cylinder engine that will make its pace as relaxed as its occupants.

Fashion and four-wheelers combine all around, with the golf-ball wheels outside and bench seats with a polo-shirt-like weave inside. The dash that's as wide as the car goes in another direction entirely, with readouts in giant pixels popping up and running along its length akin to a Times Square news ticker. And although we probably won't see it on the roads beaches soon, there is a chance we could see it or something like it: Fr?d?ric Banzet, managing director of Citro?n, has said he'd like to bring it to production. Ok then.

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/01/pais-2010-citroen-lacoste-concept-is-a-fashion-buggy-for-the-wh/

And this is a Citroen Mehari.  :wub:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Mustangfan2003

I gotta say the French come up with some of the weirdest concepts

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 02, 2010, 02:09:37 PM
I gotta say the French come up with some of the weirdest concepts cars.

Fixed.  :praise:

The Mehari was even sold in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroen_mehari

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

Love the original Mehari....... not so sure about the latest Lacoste, though.

Good spot on the DS4. Haven't even seen the press launch yet, but if the cars are on the road, I guess that must be imminent.

Citroen are a bit hit and miss for me these days. I liked the outgoing C4, but am not sold on the looks of the new one. I liked the looks of the old C3, but it was no good to drive. But the C6 really does appeal........... in high spec 3.0 HDi form, as a company car, so immune from depreciation risk, it is a contender for my next car as we have to eco-greenie our car fleet and I will not be allowed another car like the S6!

2o6

I'm a bit confused as to why the DS4 looks excellent, but the C4 looks bad.

Tave

What does the term "white belt set" refer to?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

93JC

I presume fashionistas, but this article uses "white belt set" to refer to senior citizens.

:huh:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on October 03, 2010, 07:07:08 AM
Citroen are a bit hit and miss for me these days. I liked the outgoing C4, but am not sold on the looks of the new one. I liked the looks of the old C3, but it was no good to drive. But the C6 really does appeal........... in high spec 3.0 HDi form, as a company car, so immune from depreciation risk, it is a contender for my next car as we have to eco-greenie our car fleet and I will not be allowed another car like the S6!

I love the current Citroen design direction (and Renault and Peugeot as well), but the C6 is pretty much the wackiest Citroen out there at the moment. I'm not a fan of it.

How about a nice comfortable Citroen C5 for you? They're very comfortable.  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 04, 2010, 01:43:17 PM
I love the current Citroen design direction (and Renault and Peugeot as well), but the C6 is pretty much the wackiest Citroen out there at the moment. I'm not a fan of it.

GTFO

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no