Author Topic: Trooper blows stop sign hits another car, arrests driver, then coverup ensues  (Read 477 times)

Offline BimmerM3

• Fight! Win! Drink! Get Naked!
It was mos def unforeseen because that was not the justification for enacting such policies, which only confirmed that in 99%+ of LE vs. civilian contact situations, LE is right and the civilian is wrong (i.e., the plan to buckdown law enforcement failed which dismayed said policy pushers).

Whatever man. Keep making shit up to justify your belief in the librul conspiracy. :ohyeah:
-Charlie
2008 Honda S2000 - 2006 Ford Explorer - 1986 Yamaha YX600 Radian that I don't know how to ride

Offline GoCougs

Your job doesn't involve potentially shooting citizens.

Yours doesn't either.

Offline GoCougs

Whatever man. Keep making shit up to justify your belief in the librul conspiracy. :ohyeah:

Even after all this time? Really. Oh, well, no worries! Here we go again!

NYT: Body Cameras Have Little Effect on Police Behavior, Study Says.

NYT summary of the largest ever body cam study. In short, citizen complaints were about the same, and police behavior was about the same, which means the body cams confirmed the general premise which has been the zeitgeist of LE since the Dawn of Man - 99%+ of the time LE is right and the citizen is wrong, and the cameras tended to show it as such more explicitly, and thus, by definition, more LEOs were exonerated and more citizens were locked up. So, in summary, the body cam thing didn't turn out as the planners planned.

Offline CaminoRacer

• Alex
Yours doesn't either.

Correct, and a body cam would be a waste of money because I'm not gonna end up in court for shooting someone on the job.
1969 El Camino - AutoXer

Offline GoCougs

Correct, and a body cam would be a waste of money because I'm not gonna end up in court for shooting someone on the job.

We actually have cams in the parking lot and the robot lab, as we're a gray (sorta secret) site, and even bio (retina) scanners on some doors. I ain't even afraid though.

Offline BimmerM3

Even after all this time? Really. Oh, well, no worries! Here we go again!

NYT: Body Cameras Have Little Effect on Police Behavior, Study Says.

NYT summary of the largest ever body cam study. In short, citizen complaints were about the same, and police behavior was about the same, which means the body cams confirmed the general premise which has been the zeitgeist of LE since the Dawn of Man - 99%+ of the time LE is right and the citizen is wrong, and the cameras tended to show it as such more explicitly, and thus, by definition, more LEOs were exonerated and more citizens were locked up. So, in summary, the body cam thing didn't turn out as the planners planned.

lol I'm doubting your commentary, not the actual stats. But again, whatever. I know you're not about to change your mind.
-Charlie
2008 Honda S2000 - 2006 Ford Explorer - 1986 Yamaha YX600 Radian that I don't know how to ride

Offline GoCougs

lol I'm doubting your commentary, not the actual stats. But again, whatever. I know you're not about to change your mind.

Nah, you went for a W without checking facts.

Offline BimmerM3

Nah, you went for a W without checking facts.

Bruh, it took me all of 30 seconds to find an article in the NYT from 2013 stating:

"Cameras are extremely useful in gathering and maintaining a record of evidence, providing a fuller picture of an interaction than a written report or even a patrol car’s “dashcam” ever could. For this reason, they’re also very good at protecting police from false accusations of misconduct."

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/10/22/should-police-wear-cameras/body-cameras-could-restore-trust-in-police

Sounds pretty foreseen to me, but sure, I'm the one who doesn't check facts. :ohyeah:
-Charlie

Offline 93JC

I see this thread on the homepage, "Trooper blows stop...", and I keep thinking it's about Isuzus. And it's not, unfortunately.  :(

Offline GoCougs

Bruh, it took me all of 30 seconds to find an article in the NYT from 2013 stating:

"Cameras are extremely useful in gathering and maintaining a record of evidence, providing a fuller picture of an interaction than a written report or even a patrol car’s “dashcam” ever could. For this reason, they’re also very good at protecting police from false accusations of misconduct."

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/10/22/should-police-wear-cameras/body-cameras-could-restore-trust-in-police

Sounds pretty foreseen to me, but sure, I'm the one who doesn't check facts. :ohyeah:

You're just making it worse.

Offline BimmerM3

I see this thread on the homepage, "Trooper blows stop...", and I keep thinking it's about Isuzus. And it's not, unfortunately.  :(

Just for you. :wub:

-Charlie

Offline 93JC

Offline CaminoRacer

• Alex
Ooh that's very nice
1969 El Camino - AutoXer

Offline Soup DeVille

That one was for sale not too long ago.
We should get into the sympathy business.  There is a killing to be made.

Online Lebowski

The red car is obviously speeding I don’t see how that can even be a question. It’s a residential neighborhood.

That said cop is clearly in the wrong and IMO should be fired.