C&D Midsize Truck Comparo

Started by Catman, May 05, 2005, 06:53:29 PM

Catman

I'm not surprised the Ridgeline won.  I remember when I was shopping for an SUV and I was considering a Pilot.  It was nice but I thought to myself that if I'm buying a truck I'll get a truck, not a poser.  So I bought a Sequoia and I don't regret it.  

In this group I tend to actually like the Frontier the best.  The styling appeals to me as does the engine.  The Tacoma looks weird with that long bed and I'm still not diggin the wheel wells. :wacko:  

Catman

Look how nice that post looks! :lol:  B)  

ifcar

QuoteI'm not surprised the Ridgeline won.  I remember when I was shopping for an SUV and I was considering a Pilot.  It was nice but I thought to myself that if I'm buying a truck I'll get a truck, not a poser.  So I bought a Sequoia and I don't regret it.  

In this group I tend to actually like the Frontier the best.  The styling appeals to me as does the engine.  The Tacoma looks weird with that long bed and I'm still not diggin the wheel wells. :wacko:
Gorgeous.  :D

For my views, visit the appropriate link in my sig.  

TBR

I don't think you want to get me started on this one... ;)  

ifcar

QuoteI don't think you want to get me started on this one... ;)
I still wish you'd read the damn thing.  :(  

TBR

QuoteI don't think you want to get me started on this one... ;)
I still wish you'd read the damn thing.  :(
Maybe I will one of these days. Anyway, I really am bamboozled about how C/D came up with some of their ratings. For example, how did the Ridgeline get a 10 in the features category when the Frontier obviously had many more features? Or, how did the Ridgeline get a perfect 10 in the quality category when its interior is no higher quality than the Colorado's (worse imho), Silverado's, or the previous F-150's (The interiors of which C/D has harped (I'm just full of interesting words tonight ;))  about in the past for their lackluster materials and appearance) and is certainly not better than that of the Tacoma (which only got a 9)?

Catman

Seems like every test they do lately has so many inconsistant or brutally subjective ratings, the worst being the "gotta have it factor".   :rolleyes:

TBR

QuoteSeems like every test they do lately has so many inconsistant or brutally subjective ratings, the worst being the "gotta have it factor".   :rolleyes:
I don't mind the gotta-have-it factor at all because it allows them to give a point value to factors that otherwise wouldn't be counted.  I don't believe that people would have as much of a problem if they called it what it is (a subjective overall rating) instead of making it sound as if it is based completely on stuff like brand desirability and styling. I also like the use of categories, but if they are going to define categories they should score the vehicles in a way that makes sense.

TurboDan

My uncle just bought a Ridgeline and loves it.  Umm, that's all.  I know nothing more.  Lol.

ifcar

QuoteSeems like every test they do lately has so many inconsistant or brutally subjective ratings, the worst being the "gotta have it factor".   :rolleyes:
Ridgeline didn't even win the Gotta Have It, the Frontier did.  

ifcar

QuoteSeems like every test they do lately has so many inconsistant or brutally subjective ratings, the worst being the "gotta have it factor".   :rolleyes:
I don't mind the gotta-have-it factor at all because it allows them to give a point value to factors that otherwise wouldn't be counted.  I don't believe that people would have as much of a problem if they called it what it is (a subjective overall rating) instead of making it sound as if it is based completely on stuff like brand desirability and styling. I also like the use of categories, but if they are going to define categories they should score the vehicles in a way that makes sense.
I'd say that they're doing the best that they can with the point system, but they really ought to go back to the non-point setup. Keeping all or most of the categories would still be appreciated though.