Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged vs. Dodge STR4

Started by BMWDave, June 23, 2005, 07:00:42 PM

BMWDave

Road Test: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged vs. 2005 Dodge SRT4

Link with Article

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

"Our Cobalt performed well within expected tolerances, returning a 6.1-second sprint to 60 mph and a 14.4-second, 99.3-mph quarter (within a tenth and one mph of our last test)."

Excellent, especially since MT has been getting slow times lately (6.0 seconds for a SRT4?!?!?!?).  

Tom

There is sooo much aftermarket available for the SRT-4.  There's really no competition here.

ifcar

The SRT-4 is simply a crappy car with a big engine. The Cobalt is as sporty, yet has additional comfort and refinement.  

Tom

QuoteThe SRT-4 is simply a crappy car with a big engine. The Cobalt is as sporty, yet has additional comfort and refinement.
Well, if you want cheap fun, the SRT is the clear pick.  I suppose the Cobalt is more of a compromise.

R33 GT-R

Gimme the SRT4 the Cobalt is a horse pie on wheels.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

BMWDave

QuoteGimme the SRT4 the Cobalt is a horse pie on wheels.
I would also take a SRT4, but thats a bit of an overstatement about the Cobalt.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

BMWDave

QuoteWhat about gerbil droppings?
Nope, I dont agree with that either.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteThe SRT-4 is simply a crappy car with a big engine. The Cobalt is as sporty, yet has additional comfort and refinement.
Almost as sporty...and for some, that's not worth the compromise.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Differences are small, but I suppose some would give up a lot for a little more sport.

Raza

QuoteDifferences are small, but I suppose some would give up a lot for a little more sport.
Considering the slow time here for the SRT-4 (most mags get 5 and a half or lower) and the huge aftermarket available through warranteed Mopar, the SRT-4 can be as sport as you want it to be.  It's the clear winner, in my eyes.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

I would take the Saturn ION RL as i could get the GM employee price right now.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Run Away

Definitley the SRT-4....I've always like Neons. And when they're friggen quick, all the better.

R33 GT-R

Almost as sporty...and for some, that's not worth the compromise.
Who just put refined and a GM product in the same sentence?