No more bright yellow Ford Super Duties :(

Started by TBR, June 23, 2005, 07:27:33 PM

TBR

Ford apparantly no longer offers bright yellow as a color option for the F-250 and F-350. It wasn't introduced until 2005, but I am still sad to see it go since it is a rather unique color for a big truck.  

Catman

ifcar

I guess it wasn't popular enough. Oh well.

SargeMonkey

Made them easier to tell them apart from a dodge. < I would think thers some copy rights being broken with that front end.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TBR

QuoteMade them easier to tell them apart from a dodge. < I would think thers some copy rights being broken with that front end.
Would like to note that Dodge also has bright yellow available on their HD trucks.  

FlatBlackCaddy

i've never even seen a yellow SD.

Oddly enough i've seen about 4 bright yellow titans around town.

TBR

Quotei've never even seen a yellow SD.

Oddly enough i've seen about 4 bright yellow titans around town.
I have seen 3-4, including 1 on the pages of C/D.  

ifcar

I've seen one F-Series SD in yellow, and a few F-150s, but never a Ram 2500/3500.

TBR

QuoteI've seen one F-Series SD in yellow, and a few F-150s, but never a Ram 2500/3500.
I haven't seen one either, but apparantly they are out there. If I was to buy a big truck, I would get one in some outrageous color such as yellow or perhaps bright red.  

Raza

Thank god...we need less yellow cars on the road.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Says the guy with the yellow car as his avatar. :P

Raza

QuoteSays the guy with the yellow car as his avatar. :P
It was like for an hour...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Speed_Racer

I saw a Super Yellow SRT-10 at the Dodge dealer when I last visited. It was part of a special edition color package thing.  

TBR

QuoteI saw a Super Yellow SRT-10 at the Dodge dealer when I last visited. It was part of a special edition color package thing.
Are you certain that that wasn't just a Bumble Bee? (It is basically a regular cab short wheel base Ram 1500 with the Hemi and some appearance items (wheels, a hood scope, body kit, bright yellow paint, and a two tone paint job))

Minpin

?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

SargeMonkey

I saw a bumble bee thing-y, looked nice, smoked by my 78 though. I saw a wrecked yellow ridgeline to day.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454

Tom

QuoteI saw a bumble bee thing-y, looked nice, smoked by my 78 though. I saw a wrecked yellow ridgeline to day.
He probably tried to leave pavement.

Tom

Most government fleet trucks are yellow.  But maybe not considered bright yellow.

Fire It Up

QuoteI saw a bumble bee thing-y, looked nice, smoked by my 78 though. I saw a wrecked yellow ridgeline to day.
He probably tried to leave pavement.
:lol:  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

TBR

QuoteMost government fleet trucks are yellow.  But maybe not considered bright yellow.
Not around here, most are white or a hideous light green.  

SargeMonkey

Those are most likely forest trucks, I see mostly green forest trucks, and white gov trucks. What ever happend to all those baby poo green trucks any way?
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454