McLaren Motorhome!

Started by TheIntrepid, July 10, 2007, 01:28:36 PM

TheIntrepid

McLaren shows off new motorhome

By Jonathan Noble
Thursday, July 5th 2007, 17:38 GMT

Not satisfied with Formula One's biggest and most spectacular factory, McLaren have ensured their presence is equally sizeable in the paddock with their spectacular new 'Brand Centre' motorhome.

Unveiled at Silverstone on Thursday, the motorhome has dominated paddock chatter on the first day of the British Grand Prix and shows the team take their quest to be the best as serious off track as on it.

Towering three stories high, with a reflective-glass facade, the motorhome has left team boss Ron Dennis immensely proud as their former 'Communications Centre' was sent off into retirement.

The Brand Centre has an open-floor on the ground level, offices on the second floor and a special gallery for guests on the top.

McLaren have also pulled off a coup by getting Bernie Ecclestone to agree to allow them to host evening functions on the top floor for team guests.

The structure takes 48 hours to erect and, with it also taking two days to take down, it ensures a pretty tight schedule for the back-to-back European races. It is shipped to races on the back of 12 articulated lorries.

The drivers have also not been forgotten, with Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso getting special rooms with games consoles, showers, and MP3-docking stations.

But there were a few wry smiles around the Brand Centre launch on Thursday afternoon when, in a week dominated by 'Stepneygate', McLaren's white wine of choice was....Spy Valley.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Nethead

Even the Nethead here is at a loss for words... :confused:

Raza is gonna get one of these.
So many stairs...so little time...

sportyaccordy

No lie, I was honestly expecting a hacked up F1 with a Winnebago back...

"Hey son where's my burger???"
"It got sucked into one of the throttle bodies daddy!!!"

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Soup DeVille

And people say there's too much money tied up in F1...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CJ

Tave

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a ......................................................... what the hell is that thing?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

Does it have a 6 liter V12 in it?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Galaxy

It looks kind of ugly imo. I prefer the Red Bull "Energy station."

and the BMW-Sauber Motorhome

The old Mclaren-Mercedes communication center also looked better imo.

JYODER240

I always thought these were motorhomes :huh:

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 11, 2007, 07:36:49 AM
I always thought these were motorhomes :huh:

Yeah I totally thought it was the red trailer next to the building in the first picture.

I guess when europeans talk about motorhomes they mean glorified circus tents (though they are glorified to the point of complete awesomeness).

TheIntrepid

IMO if it has to be trucked up and lugged by 5 oversized loads, it's not a motorhome. Frankly, you could take the White House, cut it up into parts, and lug it on 5 flatbed oversized loads; is that a motorhome too?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 11, 2007, 08:07:06 AM
IMO if it has to be trucked up and lugged by 5 oversized loads, it's not a motorhome. Frankly, you could take the White House, cut it up into parts, and lug it on 5 flatbed oversized loads; is that a motorhome too?

It would take a lot more than 5 trucks, methinks.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Autobahn

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 11, 2007, 08:07:06 AM

Would that make George W. trailer-trash? ... Sorry I couldn't resist  :thumbsup:

Raghavan

giant_mtb

Think of all the petdrawl they're wasting using TWELVE trucks to haul that thing.  :lockedup:

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

My roadside assistance penis is bigger than your roadside assistance penis!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 11, 2007, 06:11:28 PM
My roadside assistance penis is bigger than your roadside assistance penis!

I don't even have roadside assistance   :huh:  :cry:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 11, 2007, 06:05:11 PM
Think of all the petdrawl they're wasting using TWELVE trucks to haul that thing.? :lockedup:

Which is tarnishing Formula One Racing's pristine environmental record...

Onslaught

giant_mtb

Quote from: Onslaught on July 11, 2007, 08:16:18 PM
This is all I need.

A one-winged spaceshiphome?  Wouldn't you just kinda...spin in circles?  I don't think you're gonna get very far... :huh:

Onslaught

God tell me you young kids have seen Spaceballs?

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

CJ

The Pirate

Oh, my God. It's Mega Maid. She's gone from suck to blow.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Shit, there goes the neighborhood.

BimmerM3