Random Testdrives

Started by TheIntrepid, July 10, 2007, 06:42:01 PM

TheIntrepid

So Maksx and I randomly went to test drive some cars today, and were surprisingly able to get drives in every dealership we walked into, even though we pulled up in his Grand Caravan and were dressed in t-shirts and shorts.

1) 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS Sport
After you guys said it was a worthy sports car, we decided to check it out, and came out disappointed. The model we drove was the GS Sport, a brand-new car with only 23km on the odometer. It had the 140hp 4-cylinder engine, and the automatic (he didn't have any manuals on the lot to drive). I drove it exclusively in Shiftronic mode, and the shifts were lazy and unresponsive. The car was very comfortable and low-slung, but it sounded dismally poor. It was weak on the pickup and sounded awkward, as if it were struggling to keep up the speed. The Clarion stereo was a nice touch.

2) 2007 VW Rabbit 2.5
Nice car. A bit tall, but nice. 5-door, and drove confidently. I liked VW's Tiptronic, and the 6 gears were confident. I liked how it downshifted for me when I forgot to. The engine sound was spectacular, and confident. It was very fast.

3) 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
I'm in a hurry now so I'm hurrying. Nice car. It drove VERY confidently, and teh CVT was very responsive. I drove it in manumatic for a little bit but then wanted to play with the CVT, so left it in auto. Compared to the previous two, it felt like an automatic. The one gripe I had with it was the light steering. It was much too light. The salesman said it had "active steering" or something, so he said it should get tighter as I went faster. It didn't feel like it at all, and I felt like I was jiggling it back and forth at high speeds. Overall, I like this car, but not as much as the Camry V6.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT_Power

i drove the GS sport in manual form and it was slow
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

Quote from: M_power on July 10, 2007, 06:43:56 PM
i drove the GS sport in manual form and it was slow

yeah. It really was. I don't see why Raza likes it so much. :huh:

CJ

He's probably talking about the V6 Manual...maybe.

Maksx

lol today was fun trep

turning radius in a tiburon LMFAO, that dude totally insulted the camry name  :lockedup:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Maksx on July 10, 2007, 07:01:17 PM
lol today was fun trep

turning radius in a tiburon LMFAO, that dude totally insulted the camry name  :lockedup:

LOL yes. The Hyundai salesman started bragging about the turning radius of the Tiburon, which really wasn't that great, and got insulted when I told him my old '99 Camry could do it better, he got all pissy.

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 06:50:26 PM
yeah. It really was. I don't see why Raza likes it so much. :huh:

You're in India now, but you have to drive the V6 stickshift.  Not the four cylinder automatic.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

When I get back, I'll snag a drive on that V6 stick. Maksx and I had that sardar salesman convinced we were going to buy soon, so he'll be willing to let me drive another one.

I believe his name was Dilwinder Singh or the like.