Almost got into a wreck today...twice

Started by CJ, July 11, 2007, 05:57:14 PM

CJ

I'm driving along at 30 MPH, as I'm in a residential area, and this ditz in a white Ion sedan has the brilliant idea of whipping a u-turn RIGHT in front of me.  So she gets into the turn lane--mind you that she's on the other side of the median--and doesn't even signal.  She pulls out a little bit and does her turn.  I SLAM on the brake, SLAM on the horn, and my instructor says "you should have let her hit you."  I laughed at that.  That was the first time.  The next time was when I was making a left turn and the traffic was coming.  My instructor says "GO!!!!"  So I do.  I get on the acclerator...a lot and I can't really acclerate as I was in a 2003 Civic.  Weird day.

Eye of the Tiger

You instructor is crazy. My instructor was crazy too. She told me to speed because she was late.
Can you figure out why there are so many incompetent douchebags on the roads?  :huh:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Quote from: NACar on July 11, 2007, 06:00:51 PM
You instructor is crazy. My instructor was crazy too. She told me to speed because she was late.
Can you figure out why there are so many incompetent douchebags on the roads?  :huh:

Cell phones and TXT messages?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 11, 2007, 06:09:30 PM
Cell phones and TXT messages?

TXTing while driving is the worst. When my sister does that, I slap her.
And I believe there are too many people who tailgate motorcycles, which have incredible engine braking, so there isn't always a giant red light flashing in the faces of the n00bs behind them.

Which brings me to another point: in traffic, it's safer to go fast on a motorcycle, than to go slow. When you're going faster than traffic, you see everything in front of you, react to it, and hopefully not have some douchebag tailgating you when you need to brake fast. When you're going slower than traffic, or even the same speed as traffic, the morons just aren't paying enough attention to notice the thin profile of a motorcycle among all the ginormouos SUV's and Peterbilts. If they do see you, they aren't likely to give you the space you need should anything go arwy. They don't realize that if their car comes in contact with the bike, there's a very good chance they will knock the rider flat onto the road, run them over and kill them. This message is directed to the fucking idiot blonde on her cellphone in a silver Mazda Tributes on I-495 northbound earlier this afternoon. Theoretically speaking, if she would have hit me on my bike, I should be able to shoot her point blank in the head with a 12-gauge... because it's basically the same odds of getting killed. No respect, I tell ya, no respect at all. </rant>

Tave

You should have flung feces at her windshield :ohyeah:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Tave on July 11, 2007, 06:41:24 PM
You should have flung feces at her windshield :ohyeah:

I was actually thinking about that, but I really didn't have to poop at the time. Just another reason why you shouldn't skip breakfast  :devil:

Tave

If you don't possess the wherewithall to launch a turd on the go at some random cunt on your bike,

then I'm not sure you should even be on the road. What if there's an emergency? :devil:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

BimmerM3

"Almost got into a wreck today...twice"

You almost got in the same wreck twice? That must have been one gigantic wreck.

:evildude: :evildude: :evildude:

Raza

Holy shit, I need to become a driving instructor.  I would be awesome.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.