Ford Prices its New Midsize Fusion

Started by BMWDave, June 23, 2005, 09:27:57 PM

BMWDave

Ford Prices its New Midsize Fusion
Date Posted 06-23-2005

DEARBORN, Mich. ? Ford has priced its all-important midsize Fusion sedan, which arrives in dealerships in September, so that it starts lower than its competitors.

The four-cylinder, five-speed manual version of the five-passenger Fusion starts at $17,995, including delivery charges. The V6 with the six-speed automatic ? a rare feature for the segment ? starts at $21,275.

Ford claims those base prices put the Fusion four- and six-cylinder versions below its competitors' counterparts ? the 2006 Hyundai Sonata and 2005 Chevrolet Malibu, Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry.

The midsize car segment is critical for automakers because it is one of the largest categories in the car business. Ford has been making a huge push of late to regain lost market share. The Fusion, along with the Ford Five Hundred and Freestyle, cover the mid- to full-size car range previously occupied solely by the once high-volume Ford Taurus, which is being phased out.

The Fusion is outfitted with the 160-horsepower, 2.3-liter, four-cylinder power plant mated to a five-speed manual. Ford also makes available a 221-horsepower, 3.0-liter V6 paired with a six-speed automatic.

In the future, Ford will offer hybrid and all-wheel-drive versions of the Fusion. The Fusion's architecture, shared with that of the Mazda 6, will also serve as the basis for the upcoming Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

What this means to you: Ford ups the ante with a competitive price on a new model choice in the midsize car class.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

BMWDave

QuoteExcellent pricing for sure.
Excellent pricing on what appears will be an excellent car is an excellent formula for success.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Excellent pricing on what appears will be an excellent car is an excellent formula for success.
Excellent! ;) :lol:  

BMWDave

Excellent! ;) :lol:
:lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteJust what exactly does it fuse?
Value and sportiness.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

It fuses the patella into position unless jarred violently
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Tom

Good choice, I suppose if you want a new car, but I would dive into the used car market if I had 18k.

Fire It Up

The V6 is a real kicker. (Hmm, I'm not even sure what that means) But I'd take a 6 over it; it is perfectly styled; not to bland, not to overdone.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

TBR

QuoteThe V6 is a real kicker. (Hmm, I'm not even sure what that means) But I'd take a 6 over it; it is perfectly styled; not to bland, not to overdone.
I actually don't care for the styling because I think it is overdone. The Milan, on the otherhand, looks great imho.  

BMWDave

QuoteThe V6 is a real kicker. (Hmm, I'm not even sure what that means) But I'd take a 6 over it; it is perfectly styled; not to bland, not to overdone.
I actually don't care for the styling because I think it is overdone. The Milan, on the otherhand, looks great imho.
I think the whole Ford Mazda 6 based cars all look great, except for the Zephyr, which doesnt look sporty.  But I like the Fusion the best out of all of them.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

Wait, are you sayin the 6 or Fusion is overdone?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

I think the whole Ford Mazda 6 based cars all look great, except for the Zephyr, which doesnt look sporty.  But I like the Fusion the best out of all of them.
I'd have to see the Fusion in person, but I'm not loving it from certain pics.  

BMWDave

What dont you like about it?

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Wait, are you sayin the 6 or Fusion is overdone?
Both imho.  

thewizard16

I don't know about overdone, but I think the Milan looks much better than the Fusion. The styling is better than the designed-for-rental styling of the Taurus, don't get me wrong, I just don't think it's all that fantastic. That said, pricing looks pretty good.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

What dont you like about it?
I'm not sure. I should like it, but aside from the ricer taillights, I don't see any one thing wrong with the design. I'll have to see it in person.