Maserati Goes Mainstream With?a Station Wagon?

Started by BMWDave, June 23, 2005, 09:28:58 PM

BMWDave

Maserati Goes Mainstream With?a Station Wagon?
Date Posted 06-23-2005

MARANELLO, Italy ? A sporty Maserati crossover station wagon using an Alfa Romeo design is in the works, Fiat chairman Luca Cordero di Montezemolo told journalists here Wednesday.

Fiat owns 56 percent of Ferrari, which controls Maserati. The station wagon is a signal the automaker plans to increase cooperation among its sports car brands, according to Bloomberg.

"Maserati and Alfa Romeo will share platforms, components and sales networks," said Montezemolo.

Montezemolo said Fiat will take over the running of Maserati from Ferrari. Maserati and Alfa Romeo will work together on sales, marketing and technology, including selling Alfa Romeos in the U.S.

Maserati, which built 700 cars in 1997, sold 4,600 in 2004, including the $90,000 Quattroporte, which is driven by singers Bono and Jos? Carreras. The brand also injected itself into the U.S. popular culture with the appearance of a Maserati Spyder on the hit TV show Desperate Housewives. Maserati is targeting sales of 10,000 vehicles a year by 2007.

What this means to you: A Maserati wagon sounds like the perfect product for the U.S. market and the women on Wisteria Lane.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

I hope this looks a lot like the Kubang concept.

ifcar

I'll hope for their sake that it looks more like an SUV than a wagon.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

Because there's a much larger market for an $80K SUV than an $80K wagon.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

Raza

Here's the thing...a hot preggo who lives in an average size house on a quarter acre plot of land drives a Maser?  That's not realistic.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote$83K. But no one buys that, either. ;)
Not in America.  But then again, it's not sold here.  Wimmer's had plenty of pics of the E55 Estate and RS6 Avant.  The Europeans will eat it up.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Not in America.  But then again, it's not sold here.  Wimmer's had plenty of pics of the E55 Estate and RS6 Avant.  The Europeans will eat it up.
It sells in very low volume in Europe as well.  

Raza

Considering the E55 estate is nearly 70K pounds, I'd imagine it sells a few less than a Mondeo.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

Considering the E55 estate is nearly 70K pounds, I'd imagine it sells a few less than a Mondeo.
I mean VERY low volume. I'd be surprised if they moved 500 per year.

Raza

I mean VERY low volume. I'd be surprised if they moved 500 per year.
Mercedes only sells about 1000 or 1200 E55 saloons anyway.  So 500 wouldn't be that bad.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

However, I doubt they make 500 per year worldwide. The Maserati would probably have a much higher volume, closer to the level of the Cayenne and Range Rover.

And BTW, I'm pretty sure that the E55 wagon IS sold in the US, as Consumer Guide quotes a US price for one.

Raza

QuoteHowever, I doubt they make 500 per year worldwide. The Maserati would probably have a much higher volume, closer to the level of the Cayenne and Range Rover.

And BTW, I'm pretty sure that the E55 wagon IS sold in the US, as Consumer Guide quotes a US price for one.
Consumer Guide messed up--someone should be fired.

Mercedes does not sell the E55 Estate here, nor does Audi sell the RS6 Avant.  I'm sure of that, and a quick run to www.mbusa.com will wash away your doubts like a gentle morning rain.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

QuoteHowever, I doubt they make 500 per year worldwide. The Maserati would probably have a much higher volume, closer to the level of the Cayenne and Range Rover.

Consumer Guide messed up--someone should be fired.

Mercedes does not sell the E55 Estate here, nor does Audi sell the RS6 Avant.  I'm sure of that, and a quick run to www.mbusa.com will wash away your doubts like a gentle morning rain.
I think MB just isn't including it on their site for some reason. Cars.com also has full pricing and specs for an E55 AMG wagon.  <_<

link

Raza

I've asked my guy about it.  He says they're not selling them here, unless it's for 2006 and he didn't know about it when I asked him.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

According to cars.com, it's a 2005 model. Let me check a few other places...

ifcar

QuoteAccording to cars.com, it's a 2005 model. Let me check a few other places...
Edmunds agrees that it exists, and has an extensive photo gallery. It credits the photos to "Mercedes-Benz of North America, Inc".

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/mercedesbe...l?pg_type=Wagon

CaseyNPham

QuoteHere's the thing...a hot preggo who lives in an average size house on a quarter acre plot of land drives a Maser?  That's not realistic.
Maybe they're DESPERATE to have a high fashioned ultramobile ^_^
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little