2008 FPV range exposed

Started by omicron, July 14, 2007, 03:55:38 AM

omicron

FPV?s sprung a leak bigger than the one that sunk the Titanic with undisguised photos of the company?s 2008 model range showing up on a Melbourne landfill site. This massive breach in internal security protocol has occurred a full eight months before the new Orion-based performance models are due to go on sale.

First published by Melbourne newspaper, The Herald Sun, the photos have spread rapidly across the internet.

FPV is clearly going after HSV with a bold new design language. Like the GT and F6 Typhoon models, this aggressive-looking GT-P (pictured) features dramatic contrasting grey panels below the headlights ? already dubbed the ?raccoon mask? in the Wheels office.

The shot also shows that FPV has ditched the double scallop headlights, and adopted indicators in the wing mirrors, although the rest of the Orion range is expected to retain indicators on the front guards. The high performance models wear chrome FPV badges in place of the indicators.

Not only does this image give us the full monty on the FPV GT-P but it provides strong hints to the look of Ford?s Falcon range. There?s a noticeably flatter turret shape to improve entry and exit, and there?s hints of a BMW-style Hofmeister Kick to the thin C-pillars.

The Pirate

I'd like to see the black portion that connects the headlights and foglights to be body colored, but it looks great otherwise!  I'd love for Ford to sell something like that here.  :cry:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

S204STi

Unique front -end and bumper styling with a somewhat bland sedan in between.

Not bad however, I'd hit it.

MX793

What's the deal with Aussie performance sedans having a large patch of black plastic around the foglights?  Holden HSVs were the first that I saw it on.  Toyota included it to a lesser degree on that TRD Aurion concept.  Now Ford.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

I'll take that blue one please.  No changes.  I love it.

goldenlover1101

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Raghavan

Raza

I'm actually glad that Ford doesn't sell cars like that here.  Why sell good new cars when you can sell the same old shit over and over and dominate the market with 25 year old designs?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.