New wheels for The Pirate

Started by The Pirate, July 16, 2007, 07:59:59 PM

The Pirate

Quote from: Raghavan on July 16, 2007, 08:54:23 PM
Yeah, and no interior pics either! :nono:

:nono:
I'm not going to give the whole package away on the first date.  Imagine this as a little foreplay, and the interior pics will be furnished depending on how things go.  :lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

The Pirate

Quote from: NACar on July 16, 2007, 08:55:18 PM
I assumed this much, otherwise it would have been necessary for me to reach through my computor screen and slap you very, very hard. Twice.

Fair assumption, and I definitely would have deserved it.  An automatic in that car would have been sacrilege for sure, and I walked away from a sharp looking blue Protege5 because it was an auto.  It also had 130K miles, which was a bit higher than I wanted.

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raghavan

For some reason, Adam, I couldn't imagine you driving an automatic. :P

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

The Pirate

Quote from: M_power on July 16, 2007, 09:03:37 PM
My SVT contour is an auto.

As far as I know, SVT Contours were not available with an automatic.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

The Pirate

Quote from: Raghavan on July 16, 2007, 09:01:05 PM
For some reason, Adam, I couldn't imagine you driving an automatic. :P

I'm not opposed to it, actually.  Though, in a small, nimble car with a smallish engine, I prefer a manual.  Something like boat tail Riviera, or a W140, I could easily enjoy the automatic.

My brother's car is automatic (much to his chagrin), and it's rather fun to drive.

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on July 16, 2007, 09:03:37 PM
My SVT contour is an auto.

Have you driven it?  They're far more, ahem, substantial cars than a little economy car.  Does your soon-to-be have a tilt wheel?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on July 16, 2007, 09:11:13 PM
Have you driven it?  They're far more, ahem, substantial cars than a little economy car.  Does your soon-to-be have a tilt wheel?

Yeah i took it for a drive when i initially saw the car. I'm pretty sure it does

saxonyron

Congratulations!  Sharp looking car - and some slick wheels, too!  And of course, fine choice on the tranny.  Had you chosen wrongly, I know the fine forum members here would have made your life a living hell! :lol:  Those suspension mods sound good - a little stiff ride is well worth the extra handling. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on July 16, 2007, 09:13:29 PM
Yeah i took it for a drive when i initially saw the car. I'm pretty sure it does

My brother's 1995, which I will affectionately refer to as "SVT Lite," doesn't have a tilt wheel.  I was just wondering.  If it's the same shift linkage as the 1995 SE V6, then I find it to be a little vague and I missed a few shifts while driving it a few weeks ago while getting into fifth gear, but I kinda envy you.  They're nice.

The Pirate

Quote from: saxonyron on July 16, 2007, 09:14:16 PM
Congratulations!  Sharp looking car - and some slick wheels, too!  And of course, fine choice on the tranny.  Had you chosen wrongly, I know the fine forum members here would have made your life a living hell! :lol:  Those suspension mods sound good - a little stiff ride is well worth the extra handling. 

Thanks, it's certainly one of the more fun cars that existed in my price range.  Had I bought an automatic, I would have thoroughly deserved any lashings that came my way.  :mask:

As far as the suspension and wheels (which so many of you commented on, and I agree, they are great looking), the car is bone stock.  Considering that, it's really amazing how well it handles.

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on July 16, 2007, 09:16:31 PM
My brother's 1995, which I will affectionately refer to as "SVT Lite," doesn't have a tilt wheel.  I was just wondering.  If it's the same shift linkage as the 1995 SE V6, then I find it to be a little vague and I missed a few shifts while driving it a few weeks ago while getting into fifth gear, but I kinda envy you.  They're nice.

:lol:  The gearbox is fine i think. I didn't miss any shifts when i drove it

the Teuton

SVT_Power

Raghavan

The Pirate

Dammit, I bought the wrong car!  :rage: :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

SVT_Power

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on July 16, 2007, 09:31:21 PM
Looks like a nicely done turbo... but do they seriously think it's a good car for drifting?  :confused:

The stories I have to tell you....  :P

Eye of the Tiger

The Pirate

Quote from: M_power on July 16, 2007, 09:32:45 PM
:lol: :lol:

Now, get the hell out of my thread with this talk of shitty Fords with trailer hitches!  :lol:

SVT_Power

Quote from: The Pirate on July 16, 2007, 09:36:06 PM

Now, get the hell out of my thread with this talk of shitty Fords with trailer hitches!  :lol:

I shall continue my hijack-age  :devil:

And hey, that trailer hitch is coming off the day i get the car  :devil:

Eye of the Tiger

This wing is a no-no.

I like yours, plus you have the brake light in it.

SVT_Power

Quote from: NACar on July 16, 2007, 09:42:27 PM
This wing is a no-no.

I like yours, plus you have the brake light in it.

is that the one from the mazdaspeed?

saxonyron

Quote from: The Pirate on July 16, 2007, 09:19:44 PM

Thanks, it's certainly one of the more fun cars that existed in my price range. Had I bought an automatic, I would have thoroughly deserved any lashings that came my way. :mask:

As far as the suspension and wheels (which so many of you commented on, and I agree, they are great looking), the car is bone stock. Considering that, it's really amazing how well it handles.

Oh, my bad!  I read "The previous owner has receipts from new struts, sway bar links..." and subconsciously inserted "aftermarket"!  Where's the dope slap smiley?? :lol: Well, from what I've heard, Mazda does make a nice handling car.  I drove a Mazda 3 wagon that was stock and it was a riot to drive.  Real nice balance, very lively feel.

So now the only mod you need is to slap on a turbo and kick it up to a rally-worthy 250 HP! :ohyeah:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan