Chrysler Imperial....Dead!

Started by SVT666, July 17, 2007, 02:51:08 PM

SVT666

The new CAFE fuel economy measures have claimed their latest victim....the Chrysler Imperial.

ifcar

CAFE has been a blessing in disguise for a few automakers: they have an excuse for going back on their word on products that they might have known from the start weren't very promising.

Eye of the Tiger

Good. It was never meant to be.  :praise:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

IEEcon

Hopefully, the new Chrysler will have the sense to apply at least some of the Imperial's design language to the next 300. It'll be due for a redesign in the next couple of years. The Imperial is gorgeous, but it's best for the company that it doesn't make it to production.

S204STi

Quote from: ifcar on July 17, 2007, 02:53:55 PM
CAFE has been a blessing in disguise for a few automakers: they have an excuse for going back on their word on products that they might have known from the start weren't very promising.

Case in point, Chrysler Imperial. :lol:

Catman

CJ

the Teuton

I thought it was kinda ugly, but it's unfortunate that the Imp was killed off.  It couldda been a contenda!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

LonghornTX

I think it would have been a hit with the "street" crowd.

Oh well...
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

J86

thank god, taht thing was hideous