1st Annual CarSPIN Car Awards

Started by SVT666, July 19, 2007, 12:05:46 PM

SVT666

NEWLY UPDATED:

1. Sub-Compact Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Smart, Nissan Versa, Mini Cooper
2. Compact Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, VW Rabbit, Subaru Impreza
3. Mid-size Ford Fusion, Hyundai Sonata, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Mazda6, Subaru Legacy, VW Passat
4. Full size Chrysler 300, Hyundai Azera, Toyota Avalon, Dodge Charger
5. Entry Luxury BMW 3 Series, Mercedes C-Class, Cadillac CTS, Acura TSX, Acura TL, Infinity G35, Audi A4
6. Luxury BMW 5 Series, Mercedes E-Class, Cadillac STS, Infinity M45, Jaguar S-Type
7. Ultra Luxury BMW 7 Series, Mercedes S-Class, Audi A8, Lexus LS460, Jaguar XJ8
8. Station Wagon under $35K Dodge Magnum, Mazda6, Audi A3, Subaru Legacy Limited, Subaru WRX
9. Station Wagon over $35K Mercedes E350, BMW 5 Series, Audi A4, Dodge Magnum SRT-8
10. Sports Coupe/Vert under $50K Chevrolet Corvette, Infinity G35, BMW 335i, Lotus Elise, Ford Mustang GT500, Honda S2000, Audi A5, Saturn Sky, Ford Mustang, Nissan 350Z, Mazda MX-5, Mazda RX-8
11. Sports Coupe/Vert over $50K Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Porsche 911, Porsche Boxster, Lotus Exige, Porsche Cayman, Jaguar XK8, Ford GT
12. Pickup Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra, Toyota Tundra, Nissan Titan, Ford F-Series
13. Compact SUV/Crossover Suzuki SX4, Hyundai Tuscon, Honda Element, Honda CR-V, Acura RDX, Ford Escape
14. Mid-Size SUV/Crossover Acura MDX, Hyundai Veracruz, Mercedes-Benz ML500
15. Full-Size SUV/Crossover Buick Enclave, Ford Expedition, Cadillac Escalade
16. Minivan Honda Odyssey, Nissan Quest, Hyundai Entourage
17. Sports/GT Car (All prices) Ferrari F430, Porsche Boxster, Lotus Exige, Aston Martin DB9, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Ford GT, BMW 6 Series, Saleen S7TT
18. Sexiest Exterior Design Ferrari F430, Aston Martin DB9, Pontiac Solstice, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Saturn Sky, Ford GT
19. 2007 Best Car BMW 335i, Chevrolet Corvette, Porsche 911
20. Best Hybrid Toyota Prius, Honda Civic, Ford Escape, Lexus RX400h

Vinsanity

Probably set the price break for station wagons to $35k instead of $50k. Aren't there only two wagons over $50k?
(unless you're talking Canuckistan dollars)

edit: and I'm not sure I know the difference between a compact and a midsize pickup. Where does the Honda Ridgeline fall? Sorry, I'm not trying to make this more confusing than it should be

Raza

I can assume we're sticking to a traditional definition of sports car? 

If not, I'll go get Chris...I swear, I'll do it!

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Also, we could have subcategories; Best Looking and Overall.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 19, 2007, 12:09:24 PM
Probably set the price break for station wagons to $35k instead of $50k. Aren't there only two wagons over $50k?
I'm actually not sure, I picked it because it sounded good.  I can move the price break if it makes more sense. :ohyeah:

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10241.msg513083#msg513083 date=1184868605
I can assume we're sticking to a traditional definition of sports car??

If not, I'll go get Chris...I swear, I'll do it!

:lol:
Sports Car as in everything from a Miata and Sky to Ferrari Enzo.  Soooooo, NOT the traditional definition. :lol:

CMan

I recommend you keep it smaller...when my forum did the awards, we did about that many and it took months to wrap it up.

But I will say, we named Saturn Aura NCOTY and actually got a thanks from Bob Lutz for doing so. :praise:
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

SVT666

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 19, 2007, 12:09:24 PM
edit: and I'm not sure I know the difference between a compact and a midsize pickup. Where does the Honda Ridgeline fall? Sorry, I'm not trying to make this more confusing than it should be
Ford Ranger is a compact pickup.  Honda Ridgeline and Dodge Durango are midsize pickups.

Danish

How about one category for worst car?

You know, just so the Camry doesn't feel left out
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

SVT666

Quote from: CMan on July 19, 2007, 12:15:01 PM
I recommend you keep it smaller...when my forum did the awards, we did about that many and it took months to wrap it up.

But I will say, we named Saturn Aura NCOTY and actually got a thanks from Bob Lutz for doing so. :praise:
I'm planning on making the polls and giving everyone 1 week to vote.  Then it's over and I send the emails...and maybe a certificate. :lol:

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CMan

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 19, 2007, 12:17:23 PM
I'm planning on making the polls and giving everyone 1 week to vote.  Then it's over and I send the emails...and maybe a certificate. :lol:

You mean, like this? :lol:

http://www.atfreeforum.com/mcad/viewtopic.php?t=2227&highlight=ncoty&mforum=mcad
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

SVT666

SVT666

Quote from: CMan on July 19, 2007, 12:18:11 PM
You mean, like this? :lol:

http://www.atfreeforum.com/mcad/viewtopic.php?t=2227&highlight=ncoty&mforum=mcad
Maybe someone can come up with a generic Award using ChrisV's winning logo that I can fill in the category and winner.

SVT666

Okay people, start nominating cars so I can make lists.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 19, 2007, 12:14:30 PM
Sports Car as in everything from a Miata and Sky to Ferrari Enzo.? Soooooo, NOT the traditional definition. :lol:

Enzo is a coupe over 50K.  Not a sports car. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CMan

1. Sub-Compact
Toyota Yaris
Honda Fit

2. Compact
Honda Civic
Nissan Sentra

3. Mid-size
Toyota Camry

4. Full size
Toyota Avalon

5. Entry Luxury
BMW 3-Series
Lexus IS

6. Luxury
BMW 5-Series
Mercedes E-Class

7. Ultra Luxury
Mercedes S-Class
Lexus LS

8. Station Wagon under $50K
Dodge Magnum

9. Station Wagon over $50K
Mercedes E63 AMG :lol:

10. Sports Coupe/Vert under $30K
Mazda MX-5

11. Sports Coupe/Vert under $50K
BMW M Roadster

12. Sports Coupe/Vert over $50K
Mercedes SL

13. Compact Pickup
Ford Ranger

14. Mid-Size Pickup
Toyota Tacoma

15. Full-Size Pickup
Chevrolet Silverado

16. Compact SUV/Crossover
Honda CR-V

17. Mid-Size SUV/Crossover
Toyota 4Runner

18. Full-Size SUV/Crossover
GMC Acadia

19. Minivan
Honda Odyssey

20. Sports Car (All prices)
Ford GT

21. Sexiest Exterior Design (Raza)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage

22. 2007 Best Car (Raza)
Mercedes S-Class

Raza

Ford GT is not a sports car!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CMan

Corvette Z06 then.

Raza

Quote from: CMan on July 19, 2007, 12:30:45 PM

Corvette Z06 then.

Not a sports car!  Keep guessing.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CMan

Gee Raza, why don't you give me YOUR definition of a sports car? I guess a Corvette ain't it.

ifcar

Rather than making dozens of different polls, why don't we just do one thread and then manually count up the responses to determine a winner?

Raza

Quote from: CMan on July 19, 2007, 12:42:17 PM
Gee Raza, why don't you give me YOUR definition of a sports car? I guess a Corvette ain't it.

Simple:

2 seat, 2 door, rear drive, manual transmission, open top.  Corvette is a sports car.  Z06 is not. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CMan

"A sports car is an automobile designed for performance driving. Most sports cars are rear-wheel drive, have two seats, two doors, and are designed for precise handling, acceleration, and aesthetics."

Doesn't say anything about an open top.

By your logic, a Porsche Cayman isn't a sports car. Nor is a Lotus Exige. And that's just STUPID.

Vinsanity

3. Mid-size
Toyota Camry
Nissan Altima
Nissan Maxima
Honda Accord
Ford Fusion
Hyundai Sonata
Pontiac G6
Saturn Aura

4. Full size
Toyota Avalon
Chrysler 300
Dodge Charger
Chevy Impala
Hyundai Azera
Ford Taurus

5. Entry Luxury
BMW 3-Series
Lexus IS
Acura TL :ohyeah:
Acura TSX
Mercedes C-Class
Cadillac CTS
Infiniti G
Volvo S40
Volvo S60
Lexus ES
Audi A4

6. Luxury
BMW 5-Series
Mercedes E-Class
Lexus GS
Infiniti M
Mercedes CLK
Cadillac STS
Audi A6
Acura RL
Volvo S80 :mask:

7. Ultra Luxury
Mercedes S-Class
Lexus LS
BMW 7-series
Audi A8

8. Station Wagon under $35K
Dodge Magnum
Volvo V50
Audi A3
Subaru Outback
Mazda 6
VW Passat

9. Station Wagon over $35K
Mercedes E63 AMG :lol:
Volvo V70
Audi A4
BMW 3-series
BMW 5-series

10. Sports Coupe/Vert under $30K
Mazda MX-5
Ford Mustang
Nissan 350Z
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky
Mazda RX-8
Nissan Altima
Mitsubishi Eclipse

11. Sports Coupe/Vert under $50K
BMW M Roadster (or any Z4 variant)
Honda S2000 :wub:
Infiniti G37
BMW 3-series
Audi TT
Mercedes SLK

12. Sports Coupe/Vert over $50K
Mercedes SL
Porsche 911
Porsche Boxster
Porsche Cayman
Chevy Corvette
Audi R8
BMW 6-series
Dodge Viper

that's all I feel like doing for now

etypeJohn

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10241.msg513126#msg513126 date=1184870776
Simple:

2 seat, 2 door, rear drive, manual transmission, open top.? Corvette is a sports car.? Z06 is not.?

Yeah, you know.? Something like this.     :rolleyes:

Your definition of a sports car went out with spats.

ifcar

Quote from: CMan on July 19, 2007, 12:48:16 PM
"A sports car is an automobile designed for performance driving. Most sports cars are rear-wheel drive, have two seats, two doors, and are designed for precise handling, acceleration, and aesthetics."

Doesn't say anything about an open top.

By your logic, a Porsche Cayman isn't a sports car. Nor is a Lotus Exige. And that's just STUPID.

A lot of people on this forums have taken a turn hijacking threads to say exactly that. (I've taken many turns myself.)

Laconian

I believe there is an emoticon for this.

We should reword "20. Sports Car (All prices)" as "20. Sports/GT Car (All prices)".
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10241.msg513126#msg513126 date=1184870776
Simple:

2 seat, 2 door, rear drive, manual transmission, open top.? Corvette is a sports car.? Z06 is not.?

how would you classify a Z06, then? :huh: