***Wimmer's Impression of the next S-Class AMG

Started by cawimmer430, June 24, 2005, 11:38:18 AM

cawimmer430

Spent 30 minutes on this. The rims are from an SLK55 AMG while the body cladding were taken of a C209 CLK55 AMG. I actually love the design of the new S-Class (except for the rear and interior).

Hope you like it.  :)

Sorry I've not been posting here much. I'm not online much these days and when I am, I just log unto C&D out of habit.  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

Nice job! I still think the S-Class's fender flares belong on the Subaru Outback, but that's not your fault. ;)

cawimmer430

QuoteNice job! I still think the S-Class's fender flares belong on the Subaru Outback, but that's not your fault. ;)
Thanks Ifcar.  :)

I actually read in the salesman guide to the new S-Class that the exterior was designed the way it was because of CONSUMER DEMAND. Apparently, there was heavy market research going on to make sure this S-Class would appeal to the right group. The S-Class guide I read at the MB dealer mentioned how consumers wanted the car to be more "bullish and have more presence", hence those fender flares. Same story with the interior actually. But that still doesn't explain why that interior design is so ugly. Here's my quick photoshop version of what the interior should have looked like.  ;)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

I find it impossible to properly 'chop an interior, but I feel that it needed to have wood trim all the way down the center stack meeting the center console, and a console-mounted shifter.  

TBR

QuoteI find it impossible to properly 'chop an interior, but I feel that it needed to have wood trim all the way down the center stack meeting the center console, and a console-mounted shifter.
I feel that it needs to be completely different, with no idrive knob and a smaller control screen located in the typical position. Also, the normal version looks aggressive enough to be the AMG model without any modification imho.  

cawimmer430

Thanks guys.  :)

IFCAR: interiors are so hard to photoshop. I gave up early on.  :P  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

QuoteI find it impossible to properly 'chop an interior, but I feel that it needed to have wood trim all the way down the center stack meeting the center console, and a console-mounted shifter.
I feel that it needs to be completely different, with no idrive knob and a smaller control screen located in the typical position. Also, the normal version looks aggressive enough to be the AMG model without any modification imho.
Having it set up to have the center stack properly meet the center console WOULD represent it being almost completely different. And I figured I didn't even have to mention bye-bye to iDrive.

ifcar

BTW, Wimmer, I like the license plate. Is that the latest red-light-camera-fooling technology?

BMWDave

QuoteBTW, Wimmer, I like the license plate. Is that the latest red-light-camera-fooling technology?
lol :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

cawimmer430

QuoteBTW, Wimmer, I like the license plate. Is that the latest red-light-camera-fooling technology?
That's a very good idea IFCAR. Next time I wanna speed on some local roads, I'll do that.  :P  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

That's a very good idea IFCAR. Next time I wanna speed on some local roads, I'll do that.  :P
Well fortunately for you you dont really have to worry about speed limits.

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

That photoshopped NAV screen looks impossible to read in the sun.

I hate it when the screens have hoods over them.

cawimmer430

Well fortunately for you you dont really have to worry about speed limits.
Not really. There are speed-limits on the Autobahn in some sectors. Plus, on local roads, there are speed limits ranging from as low as 30 km/h up to 80 km/h.  ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

I can't believe they're making this new S class...it's like the S guy and the CLS guys didn't even meet in the hallways once.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteI can't believe they're making this new S class...it's like the S guy and the CLS guys didn't even meet in the hallways once.
Yup.

2007 Honda S2000

cawimmer430

Here is a pic of what the next AMG S-Class might look like in terms of body kits. This is the picture from the brochure of the new S-Class which I found on MB's site.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Fire It Up

QuoteHere is a pic of what the next AMG S-Class might look like in terms of body kits. This is the picture from the brochure of the new S-Class which I found on MB's site.

Much better than the ordinary one.  :)  

Tom

Looking good.  Wimmer, what do you think about MB designing the S-Klasse's interior so similar to the 7 Series?  I want to give MB benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to argue that it isn't a blatant copy.

Fire It Up

Maybe the person who designed the interior was hired from Chery? :lol:

cawimmer430

QuoteLooking good.  Wimmer, what do you think about MB designing the S-Klasse's interior so similar to the 7 Series?  I want to give MB benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to argue that it isn't a blatant copy.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? MB NEVER COPIES!  :D  :P

Don't worry, I agree completely that it looks similar to the BMW 7-series interior. If it isn't a copy, then at least we know who inspired those MB interior designers. The S-Class salesguide says "market research" led the design team to style the interior in this way...I dunno. Could be, or it could simply be a copy of the 7-series interior.

Personally, I don't think the interior would be that bad if it didn't have that extended stuff to the right of the speedometer and above the airvents. The materials are certainly HQ but the design is a little bothersome. It's not as "busy" as the 7-series but IMO the interior tries to be elegant, but doesn't really achieve that simply because of that extended portion.

Oh well, one more reason to let Alfred do the driving and you sitting in the back reading the Financial Times.  :lol:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de