Latest Civic Spy Shots

Started by LostBoy, June 24, 2005, 01:53:15 PM

TBR

QuoteThis might be one of those cars you just have to see in person before making a final judgement.

Some cars, like the latest Subaru Legacy, looked incredible in pictures, yet dull in person.  Others look so-so in pictures, and pretty good in person.
I don't know what you are talking about, the current Legacy looks great in pics and in person as did the prevous gen.  

BMWDave

QuoteThis might be one of those cars you just have to see in person before making a final judgement.

Some cars, like the latest Subaru Legacy, looked incredible in pictures, yet dull in person.  Others look so-so in pictures, and pretty good in person.
I don't know what you are talking about, the current Legacy looks great in pics and in person as did the prevous gen.
I agree.  But design is subjective I guess.  I think the current legacy is the best looking mainstream sedan at the moment.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

Well if you say so Dave.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

shayslay

I think it's a nice clean design that looks more upscale than before. I believe that the red coupe in the TCC pictures is an Si with the tailpipe and supposed badge on the grille. The Ion headlights have me nonplussed but I'm still looking forward to its release. It seems that it will also be available with leather to match Mazda and Toyota. And is that a nav screen?
-impReza

2004 Acura RSX-S

R33 GT-R

We'll have a 30k dollar civic now, woooo hoooo.

BMWDave

QuoteI think it's a nice clean design that looks more upscale than before. I believe that the red coupe in the TCC pictures is an Si with the tailpipe and supposed badge on the grille. The Ion headlights have me nonplussed but I'm still looking forward to its release. It seems that it will also be available with leather to match Mazda and Toyota. And is that a nav screen?
Where do you see a nav screen?

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

I'm missing this navi too.

TBR

Looked at this picture again, the hood is way too short.  

shayslay

QuoteI think it's a nice clean design that looks more upscale than before. I believe that the red coupe in the TCC pictures is an Si with the tailpipe and supposed badge on the grille. The Ion headlights have me nonplussed but I'm still looking forward to its release. It seems that it will also be available with leather to match Mazda and Toyota. And is that a nav screen?
They have pics up at The Car Connection, and in one of the coupe shots there's some sort of information screen in the interior that may or not house a navigation screen.
-impReza

2004 Acura RSX-S

BMWDave

They have pics up at The Car Connection, and in one of the coupe shots there's some sort of information screen in the interior that may or not house a navigation screen.
Oh, I see what you mean.  Yes, from the buttons on the side that looks to be a navigation screen.

(For other people who want to know, expand the picture of the coupe, and you'll see it.)

2007 Honda S2000

shayslay

I'd post a picture but I'm not sure if they allow hotlinking.
-impReza

2004 Acura RSX-S

BMWDave

QuoteI'd post a picture but I'm not sure if they allow hotlinking.
Dont worry about that...anyone can go to the link.  

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

This must be the hybrid version
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

TBR

I hope the move the wheels out some for the production model.  

BMWDave

QuoteI hope the move the wheels out some for the production model.
Its probably all the camoe that it appears that way.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteI hope the move the wheels out some for the production model.
Its probably all the camoe that it appears that way.
I don't see any camo except the white tape on the taillights in that last pic.  

shayslay

This must be the hybrid version
What tips you off that it's the hybrid?
-impReza

2004 Acura RSX-S

crv16

Unique rear antenna, little rear lip spoiler and a unique wheel design that hasn't been seen before.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

TBR

QuoteUnique rear antenna, little rear lip spoiler and a unique wheel design that hasn't been seen before.
The rear antenna is likely for satelite radio, the wheels might be optional plus designs probably aren't finalized yet, and the spoiler might be an option.  

mazda6er

Those mirrors look a bit freakish don't they? They're larger than the ones on the truck in front of it!
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

crv16

QuoteUnique rear antenna, little rear lip spoiler and a unique wheel design that hasn't been seen before.
The rear antenna is likely for satelite radio, the wheels might be optional plus designs probably aren't finalized yet, and the spoiler might be an option.
I don't think so.  Sat radio antenna looks like this:

The current Civic hybrid has that same funky antenna in the front:

and the little rear lip spoiler:
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

TBR

I don't think the lip spoiler is anything, but I agree that the atenna is odd, is there a particularly reason the Civic Hybrid would have an antenna like that and regular model wouldn't?

crv16

QuoteI don't think the lip spoiler is anything, but I agree that the atenna is odd, is there a particularly reason the Civic Hybrid would have an antenna like that and regular model wouldn't?
Dunno.  The current non-hybrid Civic has an in-glass antenna.  I think they feel the need to distinguish the hybrid version with some unique visual features.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

TBR

QuoteI don't think the lip spoiler is anything, but I agree that the atenna is odd, is there a particularly reason the Civic Hybrid would have an antenna like that and regular model wouldn't?
Dunno.  The current non-hybrid Civic has an in-glass antenna.  I think they feel the need to distinguish the hybrid version with some unique visual features.
No one would notice a different antenna except through careful examination.  

crv16

Who will notice?  The car geeks like us   B)
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

TBR

Who will notice?  The car geeks like us   B)
No, the car geeks like you ;), I never pay that much attention to Civics.  

shayslay

With the antennas looking that similar I will place my bet that that white model is a Hybrid. But I'm still holding out hope that theyd offer the Coupe in Hybrid too.
-impReza

2004 Acura RSX-S

TurboDan

Damn.  There was a rumor going around that we were going to get those shots as an exclusive.  Apparently it didn't pan out.

BMWDave

QuoteDamn.  There was a rumor going around that we were going to get those shots as an exclusive.  Apparently it didn't pan out.
Who took those pictures?  

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

It just occurred to me that the reason they have an external antenna for the hybrid is because of the high voltage battery pack sitting behind the rear seat.  That must cause interference with the in glass antenna.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6