1980s Mitsubishi Galant Coupe

Started by cawimmer430, June 25, 2005, 03:27:15 AM

cawimmer430

I love this mid 1980s Galant body style. I grew up with these Galants driving around me. They're still quite popular here but often in very shabby conditions. A shame, I think they look very nice and have that typical Japanese styling of the 1980s (somewhat futuristic, yet functional). Here's my coupe version of the car.  :)

And for reference, here's the original. Beautiful car IMO. And it looks gorgeous in white.  :rockon:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

The sedan looks like a cross between a Volvo and an Audi...and I like it. :blink:

Tom

Looks good.  A bit like a Celica.  80s cars are cool, no?

Fire It Up

I liked 3 ones before the current one. This one is too boxy for my tastes. But the chop itself is good.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

TBR

Both pics looks great, I assume we never got that particular generation of Galant?

ifcar

I'm almost certain that we did have it, though in very low volume.

cawimmer430

QuoteLooks good.  A bit like a Celica.  80s cars are cool, no?
Big admirer of '80s cars here. Especially Japanese! I think Toyota had some really nicely styled cars in the '80s. They do now to but only in Japan!  :(

Tons of cool Japanese cars from the '80s. Mazda RX-7 "Savannah", Toyota Trueno, Mitsubishi Galant (that body style and the 1987-1992 version, my all-time favorite! :rockon: ). Man...even the music was cool in the '80s. Music nowadays...WHAT HAPPENED?  :D  

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteBoth pics looks great, I assume we never got that particular generation of Galant?
This particular Galant was never sold in mass numbers amazingly. It was a very low volume car in Europe in the '80s, like almost all Japanese cars. Even when I was living in the Philippines, this Galant was very low-volume. A shame, I always loved their styling.  :rockon:

In the US, it was probably a similar case. The car WAS probably sold there, but in very small numbers. I think most of them went to other RHD markets, especially the UK, Australia and New Zealand where there appear to be big fan communities of this car (did a little snooping and found some...).

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteI liked 3 ones before the current one. This one is too boxy for my tastes. But the chop itself is good.
Thanks. If you want to see my ex-1992 Galant, visit www.cawimmer430.cjb.net. I loved that car.  :rockon:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

280Z Turbo

QuoteMan...even the music was cool in the '80s. Music nowadays...WHAT HAPPENED?  :D
Um...they got rid of the cheesy synthesizers and made it good. :lol:

Sorry, 80's pop music makes me sick. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. :)

Anyway...it is a clean, well done photoshop, but I can't say that I like that coupe. The rear window is too upright for a coupe. You'd have to rake it back to make it look right. (that must be a real PITA to do)

Also, the rear wheel opening looks like it was inspired by a Buick Roadmaster. Definately out of place on a sporty looking car.

Fire It Up

Now that is one beautiful car....

Where did it all go so horribly wrong?

Yeah, I'v looked at these Galants before. If I could find one for the right price, a VR4 Galant would be my first car. But they are so goddamm rare. Why cant they be as common as a DSM? I would get that, but they handle like crap..... (Sorry Wimmer, not a GTI, I need the turbo upgradability in this speed obsessed place.)

Fire It Up

Oh wait!

The essence of the sporty Galant lives on!

Isnt it funny how cars evolve?  

BMWDave

Thats a great chop...I still need to learn how to do that.  And that Galant is very nice....my favorite versions though are the ex-92 version (your car) and the one before the current galant.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Speed_Racer

The 80s had some good looking cars! And it produced me, so there must be some good in it. ^_^

But the music, and fashions were (and still are) atrocious.  

TBR

QuoteThats a great chop...I still need to learn how to do that.  And that Galant is very nice....my favorite versions though are the ex-92 version (your car) and the one before the current galant.

The best looking family sedan of its time, and still better looking than most mainstreamers out there.

As for the current Galant, the GTZ doesn't look too bad, but the other models are pretty bad imho.  

cawimmer430

QuoteMan...even the music was cool in the '80s. Music nowadays...WHAT HAPPENED?  :D
Um...they got rid of the cheesy synthesizers and made it good. :lol:

Sorry, 80's pop music makes me sick. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. :)

Anyway...it is a clean, well done photoshop, but I can't say that I like that coupe. The rear window is too upright for a coupe. You'd have to rake it back to make it look right. (that must be a real PITA to do)

Also, the rear wheel opening looks like it was inspired by a Buick Roadmaster. Definately out of place on a sporty looking car.
It's the opposite with me. '80s music rocked!  :rockon:

Modern music.... nevermind.  :lol:

Thanks for the input 'bout the 'chop.  ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Now that is one beautiful car....

Where did it all go so horribly wrong?

Yeah, I'v looked at these Galants before. If I could find one for the right price, a VR4 Galant would be my first car. But they are so goddamm rare. Why cant they be as common as a DSM? I would get that, but they handle like crap..... (Sorry Wimmer, not a GTI, I need the turbo upgradability in this speed obsessed place.)
Now that Galant is hot! I'm biased. Mine looked very much like that one.  :rockon:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteThats a great chop...I still need to learn how to do that.  And that Galant is very nice....my favorite versions though are the ex-92 version (your car) and the one before the current galant.
My advice: go crazy with photoshop. I'm basically self taught. I started with a program called ArcSoft Photostudio 2000 (which sucks) and learned the basics there. Then I moved on to PS 7.0 and I'm still learning everyday.  ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteThe 80s had some good looking cars! And it produced me, so there must be some good in it. ^_^

But the music, and fashions were (and still are) atrocious.
'80s music rocked! But I agree that the clothing was horrible.  :lol:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

QuoteThats a great chop...I still need to learn how to do that.  And that Galant is very nice....my favorite versions though are the ex-92 version (your car) and the one before the current galant.
My advice: go crazy with photoshop. I'm basically self taught. I started with a program called ArcSoft Photostudio 2000 (which sucks) and learned the basics there. Then I moved on to PS 7.0 and I'm still learning everyday.  ;)
Do you know anything about GIMP?  Because thats the program I have.

2007 Honda S2000

cawimmer430

QuoteThats a great chop...I still need to learn how to do that.? And that Galant is very nice....my favorite versions though are the ex-92 version (your car) and the one before the current galant.
I've heard of GIMP. From what I know, it is a program used to edit colors on digital pictures. I don't think it's professional photo editing capabilities are as powerful as Adobe Photoshop. But I could be wrong since I am not too familiar with GIMP.  ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

QuoteThats a great chop...I still need to learn how to do that.? And that Galant is very nice....my favorite versions though are the ex-92 version (your car) and the one before the current galant.
I've heard of GIMP. From what I know, it is a program used to edit colors on digital pictures. I don't think it's professional photo editing capabilities are as powerful as Adobe Photoshop. But I could be wrong since I am not too familiar with GIMP.  ;)
All right thanks for the advice :)

2007 Honda S2000

Laconian

The GIMP is every bit as capable as Photoshop, but the interface isn't quite as nice. The developers use PS as their benchmark, which is why the two are so similar.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BMWDave

QuoteThe GIMP is every bit as capable as Photoshop, but the interface isn't quite as nice. The developers use PS as their benchmark, which is why the two are so similar.
Thanks a lot.  I'm going to experiment with Gimp a lot to see if I can do photoshops.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteThe GIMP is every bit as capable as Photoshop, but the interface isn't quite as nice. The developers use PS as their benchmark, which is why the two are so similar.
The GIMP either lacks many of the features that I like on Photoshop, or just makes them impossible to figure out. It's very annoying to use overall.

BMWDave

The GIMP either lacks many of the features that I like on Photoshop, or just makes them impossible to figure out. It's very annoying to use overall.
It is annoying, but hey, there is a price to pay for free.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Once you get used to it it won't be, you're just used to photoshop. It is just as powerful as photoshop also.  

BMWDave

Once you get used to it it won't be, you're just used to photoshop. It is just as powerful as photoshop also.
I have to try making photoshops with it....it seems so hard though :(

2007 Honda S2000