***Alok's N?rburgring Pictures*** (EXTREME 56K WARNING)

Started by cawimmer430, July 31, 2007, 07:37:46 AM

cawimmer430

Copied and pasted exactly as it is on GermanCarZone.  :ohyeah:

Check out the pictures of my sister's BMW 118i at 220 km/h. We hit 230 km/h and I thought he snapped a picture of it but apparently his camera buffer was full.  :banghead:

Check out that white BMW 5er drifting on the track!!!  :rockon:

Oh yeah, Alok can usually be found on www.finalgear.com. He's met Sabine Schmitz too! :rockon:

My second Ring visit. I am so tired after yesterday in the rain, got a lil bit sick.

Forgive the order, photobucket screwed my pic order, I'll post all the pics from my spool.

I got a ride with an instructor for Porsche Sportfahrertraining. I just went up to him and asked for a lap, and he said its fine if I get a ticket, so I got one and so we went.

He was an absolute expert, sliding the car something between 20-30 times. Dont forget mid engined cars dont powerslide as smooth as normal FR or RR, they bite. Despite this, and me straining my neck muscles badly and veins pumping battery acid and heart pumping adrenaline, we did a superhot lap, all the while him giving me golden porsche insight and career advice. On the home stretch I believe we hit 230 clicks a hour

The track was wet as hell, had I been persistent enough, I could possibly have managed a ride in a dutch R8 and a Subby Rex, but hey, that's what next time is for....

....which incidentally happens to be Wednesday, the day after tomorrow.

I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

Too. Many. Awesome. Pictures. Must. Go. Nurburg. Now. Kthxbai.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: NACar on July 31, 2007, 07:49:11 AM
Too. Many. Awesome. Pictures. Must. Go. Nurburg. Now. Kthxbai.

Damn, I sense your heart rate is extremely above the normal!  :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

heelntoe

@heelntoe

cawimmer430

Alok is awesome with pictures. He's teaching me new techniques and angles I never knew existed!  :rockon:

These pictures are worthy of a Nobel Prize in photography IMO! Some of my favorites below...

Check out the reflection in the puddle!  :mask:

This one speaks for itself! Awesome composition, lighting, angle and objects! 

Damn! Just damn!  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

heelntoe

@heelntoe

SVT_Power

hey wims can you ask this guy for big versions of the pictures with just the 996 Turbo & GT3 in it? (minus the one with the guy in the picture)
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

heelntoe

haha, i wanted those aswell.
also the yellow RS4 pic.
@heelntoe

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Fire It Up

=O omg, those pictures are amazing. i think theyve inspired me.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ro51092

Quote from: M_power on July 31, 2007, 08:55:11 AM
hey wims can you ask this guy for big versions of the pictures with just the 996 Turbo & GT3 in it? (minus the one with the guy in the picture)

Jeezus, those pictures are insanely good. BTW, add me to the list that wants some hi-res pics.

FlatBlackCaddy

bunch of wanker mobiles out on a go kart track, BFD.

You wanna see some real action grab yourself a case of bud and get your butt in the stands of a NASCAR race.? :rockon:

YEEEHAWWWWW

BimmerM3

Your buddy has got some serious skill with the camera. Is he a pro or just a really serious amateur?

Thanks for the pics either way Christian. I can't wait until the day I make it there.

Mak450

The Carerra GT looks friggen awesome in that shade of blue.

Alok

Hi guys,

I just signed up to let you guys know, I am an active member at Finalgear link: http://forums.finalgear.com

If in need of some pics in particular, please PM me or send me a request to alokharidas@gmail.com with the name of the picture or a screenshot. Since I am a student and heavily in short of time, I am limiting myself to finalgear forums in terms of activity, if you guys are in need, I'll be always around there, or if in need of instant help, I am most of the time online on the Finalgear irc channel at http://www.finalgear.com/chat

Glad you all liked the pics :)

Colonel Cadillac

Wow, fantastic pics!

I want to drive on the N?rburgring  :cry:

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on August 02, 2007, 01:24:04 AM
Your buddy has got some serious skill with the camera. Is he a pro or just a really serious amateur?

Thanks for the pics either way Christian. I can't wait until the day I make it there.

He's actually more into photography than me. He also uses an SLR / DLSR camera while I use a crappy digital camera. :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Alok

Quote from: heelntoe on July 31, 2007, 08:54:44 AM
did he use a rig?

No, good only hands :P

I always wanted to build a rig, but rigs are kinda expensive these days and I am still a student with a zero budget. I dont even own a camera myself. I did quite some handheld shots like this before, like these....

I went to Schwarzwald with a friend of mine who owns one of the cameras I use, for a photo trip, and these are some of the ones that came out of the shoot.

heelntoe

haha. i've been to a couple of shoots were i had to hold the photographer as they hung out of the car.
nice shots.
@heelntoe

F1addict

those are some insanely nice pictures. The Nurburgring is the only place outside of the US that I have any desire to go to.

Alok

Quote from: heelntoe on August 03, 2007, 05:23:36 PM
haha. i've been to a couple of shoots were i had to hold the photographer as they hung out of the car.
nice shots.

It was exactly the same thing, except I was duct-taped to the seats and wound with seat belt around my torso. Hanging 15inches over the road going 80kph with almost 2k euros worth equipment strapped to the hand isnt what I would call safe.

F1addict

Quote from: Alok on August 03, 2007, 07:17:51 PM
It was exactly the same thing, except I was duct-taped to the seats and wound with seat belt around my torso. Hanging 15inches over the road going 80kph with almost 2k euros worth equipment strapped to the hand isnt what I would call safe.

Wow, you couldn't pay me enough to do that.

Alok

Quote from: F1addict on August 03, 2007, 07:40:21 PM
Wow, you couldn't pay me enough to do that.

Lol, I didnt get paid to do that. It was just a trip aimed at perfecting my skills at how closer I got to a Porsche 911 Targa ad I saw. The guy who owns the camera sometimes comes with these little challenges for me. It's big fun :)

heelntoe

i'm going to go try that. film camera FTL!!
the subject car won't be much to look at though. :lol:
@heelntoe