Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

deesea

Escalades are for hating on.
the bentley is nothing....youth culture views these cars in this order *since most youths like shiny blingy rims, and a huge ass grill*

escalade> any Rolls>Bentley Conti GT
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

SVT_Power

Quote from: deesea on August 03, 2007, 08:21:10 PM
Escalades are for hating on.
the bentley is nothing....youth culture views these cars in this order *since most youths like shiny blingy rims, and a huge ass grill*

escalade> any Rolls>Bentley Conti GT

wtf? Since when did most youth see Cadillac > Bentley/Rolls? I assume you're refering to cars shown in modern music videos and owned by so called musicians. Even though I don't watch much of these videos, I'm pretty sure I see more bentleys/rolls than escalades
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Soup DeVille

Quote from: M_power on August 03, 2007, 09:00:13 PM
wtf? Since when did most youth see Cadillac > Bentley/Rolls? I assume you're refering to cars shown in modern music videos and owned by so called musicians. Even though I don't watch much of these videos, I'm pretty sure I see more bentleys/rolls than escalades

fo'shizzle 2 deh mizzle
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

deesea

Quote from: M_power on August 03, 2007, 09:00:13 PM

and not many youths are actual car nuts...common ed, think of our school, there are probaby 30 people out of 1200 who actually know something about cars. Most people can't even name what car they have at home. And since all teens love MTV, or muchmusic, or VH1 or w/e the hell it is they watch now adays, and escalades and rolls are featured the most, they really would see the cadillac > all others.

Cuz its the most pimpable..fo sho!
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

1 BAD 7

Conti GT doesnot have the added muscle of Conti GT speed. So acceleration results might be quiet different for GT Speed as it is listed from factory to be quiet a bit faster then regular Conti.

Quote from: 565 on August 02, 2007, 06:56:36 PM

Speaking of which, check out this Edmunds comparo.?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=121870

Conti GT vs CL600

Cl600 wins.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

1 BAD 7

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

1 BAD 7

I am not saying it is a limo in rear seat. But it is a lot more comfy and spacious then the DB9. Try to sit in rear of  both side by side and you would come to the same conclusion.

Quote from: Submariner on August 03, 2007, 11:23:10 AM
I've sat in the back of one.? It wouldn't be my first choice, but I could live with it.

www.KayaniTravel.com

nickdrinkwater

The reason I wouldn't drive a Continental GT is that is ten a penny.  If I'm spending that much I want something with a least a little bit of exclusivity.

1 BAD 7

I understand what you are saying that it is not as exclusive as the Ferrari or Lambo or DB9 or GT40. But on the other hand I think you will see far more expensive high end Benzes, Porsches and Bimmers then you would see Bentleys.

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on August 04, 2007, 05:03:54 PM
The reason I wouldn't drive a Continental GT is that is ten a penny.? If I'm spending that much I want something with a least a little bit of exclusivity.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Submariner

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on August 04, 2007, 03:24:47 PM
I am not saying it is a limo in rear seat. But it is a lot more comfy and spacious then the DB9. Try to sit in rear of both side by side and you would come to the same conclusion.

I have, and the DB9 isn't too far behind.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

1 BAD 7

The Bentley's worst point is its rear head room because of the way roof slopes down sharply. But it not as tight as the DB9 is rear seat arrangements.

Quote from: Submariner on August 04, 2007, 09:27:30 PM
I have, and the DB9 isn't too far behind.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10435.msg526379#msg526379 date=1185982733
It's not an overweight pig.

It's an overweight, ugly, trendy, shit eating pig.?

and aside from the Veyron, it's still the best car VW has ever come out with :devil:

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on August 04, 2007, 08:41:27 PM
I understand what you are saying that it is not as exclusive as the Ferrari or Lambo or DB9 or GT40. But on the other hand I think you will see far more expensive high end Benzes, Porsches and Bimmers then you would see Bentleys.

True.  Bentley's do have an air of rarity.  But it really depends where you are.  If you came to London, you would see an absolute shitload of CGTs!

thewizard16

For the price, the Continental GT seems relatively common. I see far more of them than DB9s, that's for sure. Sure, there are more XKs and CLs and 911s running around, but they are all still at least $20,000 cheaper or more, which is still a considerable amount of money, even at this level. It's still a rare car compared to most, but as far as ultra-premium nameplate cars go, if you drive a dark silver continental GT, you could be any other wealthy developer in Miami or successful businessman in London.

That said, I still love the way this car looks. I don't care for the wheels on this speed version at all, though.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

the_koof

I don't know. If I was going to be spending $200,000 for a vehicle I'd get more than one: A Chevrolet Corvette Z06 for $70,000, a Porsche 911 GT3 for $110,000 as built and a lightly used Honda Civic Si for $20,000 as a daily driver.

One car for $200,000 would have to be a Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG.
"If you only work on the days you feel good, you won't get much done in your life."

Eye of the Tiger

I'd rather have a Porsche 928 and an Eagle Vision TSi. :partyon:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on August 03, 2007, 03:57:29 PM
I hate this blingy car. The epitome of bad taste IMHO.

I disagree. 

Buying a car like this is more often indicative of a lack of taste, not bad taste. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.