What Audi is This?

Started by J86, June 26, 2005, 05:55:06 AM

J86

What Audi SUV exists that is kinda cross-over looking, skinny horizontal rear taillights and is almost Infiniti FX-like in its execution?  There was one parked outside my yacht club yesterday, but I was too tired to walk over to it to see what it was.  It looked pretty cool.

ifcar

You saw a preproduction Audi Q7. There are other spy shot threads of this vehicle in this forum. You should have taken pics.  

J86

That's really weird.  I thought it looked something like that, but I had only seen a pic.. in magazines so I didn't want to say anything.  It definitely had Audi insignias, why would this car be in Rhode Island, at my yacht club?

J86

Wait, I just looked at spy pics of the Q7 and that's not it.  The taillights were narrow and almost Alfa Romeo-ish.

ifcar

QuoteWait, I just looked at spy pics of the Q7 and that's not it.  The taillights were narrow and almost Alfa Romeo-ish.
The large taillights on the test models are disguises, I believe. On some close up pics, you can see the outline of the narrower light (like you described) inside of the Legacy wagon-esque sea of red.

BMWDave

You should have taken pictures....it could have landed you some money.  It seems like you saw a completely undisguised one.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

J86

BMWDave

QuoteBut why RI?
I saw a 2008 MB C Class in Paramus.  Their headquarters is in Montvaile, NJ, so I assume it was out testing.  Audi may be located somewhere near RI and thats why its out testing.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Colonel Cadillac

I never see pre-production cars in Connecticut.