1967 427 Cobra

Started by Tom, June 26, 2005, 03:59:28 PM

footoflead

:o  :o  :o :drool: Thats a nice car...i want one....actually my bro has a friend that built a kit car that looks alot like that...except its probally got more horsepower :D

nice post
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

Wow, that is one cool car!

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

LostBoy

Great find, Tom!  :praise:

I get chills knowing just how much brute force is coming from such a small vehicle...how much do you think his Cobra weighs?

On a side note...he mentioned that it was a side oiler...When I lived in Missouri, there was a local luxury car broker (Used Benz, BMW, Jaguar, and even Ferrari) that had a Cobra (replica?...dunno) with the side-oiler 427...That car was ALL engine...  :lol:  

Raza

I love these things.  I've been toying around with building on of these bad boys, but I don't know if it would be street legal.

Factory Five

I'm also not sure if I'm adept enough to build a car by myself, even with all the parts and instructions.  I was never patient enough for model airplanes, either.  

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

I don't know how much the original weighed, but the Fac Five replica weighs 2150.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

QuoteI don't know how much the original weighed, but the Fac Five replica weighs 2150.
But it has fiber glass body work, doesn't it? And does that include an engine? If so, it is probably just a 302, not the hefty 427.  

R33 GT-R

QuoteI don't know how much the original weighed, but the Fac Five replica weighs 2150.
But it has fiber glass body work, doesn't it? And does that include an engine? If so, it is probably just a 302, not the hefty 427.
Most of the replicas that are reputable use sheet metal and a 427.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TBR

I don't know about the bodywork part, but I do know that most replicas use 302s or 351s.  

R33 GT-R

I don't know about the bodywork part, but I do know that most replicas use 302s or 351s.
Every replica I've seen at car shows with bonnet up sported a 427.  The more expensive kits use sheet metal, the lower end uses glass.

R33 GT-R

TBR

Every replica I've seen at car shows with bonnet up sported a 427.  The more expensive kits use sheet metal, the lower end uses glass.
Factory Five calls for 302s and their kits are the most popular. I am sure the real expensive kits have 427s, but not the one Raza was talking about.  

Run Away

Factory Five is by far the biggest replica manufacturer, and one of the best too.
They use fiberglass for the normal body, but you can also order it in carbon fiber.
It uses lots of fox body mustang parts, though lately they have a few options for the rear suspension (Mustang solid axle, modified 3 link, fully independant suspension) and you also have many options enigne-wise.
Personally I'd go with a 302, possibly a 351. More reliable, and the 302 has an absolutely crazy aftermarket.

R33 GT-R

Factory Five calls for 302s and their kits are the most popular. I am sure the real expensive kits have 427s, but not the one Raza was talking about.
I looked into this a while back, I can't find it now but a company giving you a reproduction to the T would run over 60k.  The last local car show I was at a girl asked the 427 Cobra owner why there wasn't a radio.  I looked at him and smiled, he said hop in sweetie and she got into the passenger seat.  He said are you ready and cranked it up, she quickly figured out why there was no radio.    :lol:  

R33 GT-R

QuoteFactory Five is by far the biggest replica manufacturer, and one of the best too.
They use fiberglass for the normal body, but you can also order it in carbon fiber.
It uses lots of fox body mustang parts, though lately they have a few options for the rear suspension (Mustang solid axle, modified 3 link, fully independant suspension) and you also have many options enigne-wise.
Personally I'd go with a 302, possibly a 351. More reliable, and the 302 has an absolutely crazy aftermarket.
Not me keep the 302 and Windsor, I want the 427.    :rockon:  

footoflead

QuoteFactory Five is by far the biggest replica manufacturer, and one of the best too.
Not me keep the 302 and Windsor, I want the 427.    :rockon:
:rockon: 427 FOR MEEEEEEE!! :rockon:  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

I've been meaning to ask those fellows whether an LS1, 6 speed, and SS/TA rear suspension will fit.  

Can you imagine an Elise with 350bhp?  That's what that would feel like!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

2004 Ferrari Enzo
$659,430
650bhp
3.3 0-60
11.2 1/4 mile
133 Trap
1.05 Lateral G
Car & Driver 07/04

vs.

Factory Five Roadster Street
$32,109
348bhp
3.6 0-60
12.3 1/4 mile
113 Trap
1.00 Lateral G
Car & Driver 07/04

Not bad for a car that costs 5% of its competitor....

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

The newer FFR cars:

And the Z06 based GTM Supercar:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

footoflead

now thats one F***ing sexy car

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

Everyone...sign up at the Factory Five Racing website for their information package...
I finally got around to watching the DVD they sent me, and WOW!
I need one. Or five.