2007 MB X Class

Started by BMWDave, June 26, 2005, 06:00:47 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

LostBoy

...Can't decide...:mellow:

It's not unattractive, but makes me think of a MB Vibe/Matrix.

The biggest issues are the rather tangental body line down the side, and the large C-pillar...but neither really "defunct" the entire design.

What's the intended segment for the X-Class?

Wasn't DCX toying with naming this model "MLK"...?  (Glad they changed their minds...what next?..."JFK" or "FDR" or "MDK"...etc.   :P )

BMWDave

It still might be called the MLK.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

These are CGIs, right? And, that diagonal cut line is way too Z4ish for my tastes.

CaseyNPham

I think M/Ts rendition of the MLK was much nicer since it used simple design cues.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Minpin

I dont much care for it, of course i never had like any MB SUV's. I dont understand them, 50k for a european luxury car built in Alabama??
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

BMWDave

QuoteI dont much care for it, of course i never had like any MB SUV's. I dont understand them, 50k for a european luxury car built in Alabama??
Building it in Alabama doesnt degrade from the fact its European Luxury....many overseas manufacturers have many plants here in America...doesnt make them any worse of a brand.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteI dont much care for it, of course i never had like any MB SUV's. I dont understand them, 50k for a european luxury car built in Alabama??
Building it in Alabama doesnt degrade from the fact its European Luxury....many overseas manufacturers have many plants here in America...doesnt make them any worse of a brand.
Thousands of first year ML buyers might disagree  

BMWDave

I'm not only talking about building specific to Alabama....I'm talking about building in the US.  People will not think of the Z4 any worse, simply because it is built in South Carolina.  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I'm not only talking about building specific to Alabama....I'm talking about building in the US.  People will not think of the Z4 any worse, simply because it is built in South Carolina.
Yes, I see your point. However, using MB's Alabama plant as an example might not have been the best choice. And, if I recall correctly, BMW's South Carolina plant was at fault for many of the X5's quality problems.  

BMWDave

Yes, I see your point. However, using MB's Alabama plant as an example might not have been the best choice. And, if I recall correctly, BMW's South Carolina plant was at fault for many of the X5's quality problems.
That plant builds tons of cars, not just X5s.  And yes, I would rather have a German car built in Germany than anywhere else.  But the Z4, 3 series, and X3's have not had major quality issues.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

That plant builds tons of cars, not just X5s.  And yes, I would rather have a German car built in Germany than anywhere else.  But the Z4, 3 series, and X3's have not had major quality issues.
But the X5 was the first model built there, right? (or was it the Z3?)  

BMWDave

But the X5 was the first model built there, right? (or was it the Z3?)
The Z3 was.  

2007 Honda S2000