Saw some sweet cars today!

Started by mazda6er, May 08, 2005, 04:48:25 PM

mazda6er

I live in upstate NY, and I took a little drive up by Lake Ontario today. There's usually a good deal of nice cars around that area, but today blew me away!  I saw no fewer than 8 or 9 Corvettes (mostly of the previous generation), several previous gen Mustang convertibles, as well as one new GT convertible, and a 350Z. Now here are the really good ones:

-'66 Mustang convertible (red)
-Jaguar XK convertible (green)
-Dodge Viper convertible (black)

-not too good with automotive history, so these years are just guesses:

-mid-60's Pontiac GTO
-mid-60's Camaro SS

Needless to say, I had trouble keeping my eyes on the road. I wish I could share pics with you guys, but alas, no digital camera.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

I know. I already said why I can't have any. I didn't really expect replies, just wanted to tell you all about it.   B)  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

I'm just kidding around with you.  Its good to spot really nice cars...kind of brightens up your day.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Over the last few days, I've seen a new Mustang GT convertible, two Lexus SC430s, a restored '55 Bel Air, and two current GTOs (one with the 05 hood).

BMWDave

I have seen Jaguar XJR, Lexus SC430, Bentley Continental GT, and a Rolls Royce Phantom.  Didnt have my camera with me though.

2007 Honda S2000

Tom

Today I saw a Ferrari, not sure what kind though.  I heard a tremendous exhaust, looked up, and it blew past me.  My jaw dropped as I muttered a few times, "That's a f***in Ferrari!"

El Barto

In the past week I've seen:
2 Bentley Continental GTs
Yellow Ferrari 355 about 2 minutes after the first Bentley
The same Maserati Quattroporte twice
late 80's Porsche 911, I was driving next to him for about 5 minutes with my window down listening to the exhaust.   B)
Porsche 944 Turbo
2 C6 Corvettes

only one pic:

2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

Tom

Oh, and yesterday some guy at the local ball park sat in his new Vette revving up the engine.  Stupid, but man did it sound good.

BMWDave

QuoteIn the past week I've seen:
2 Bentley Continental GTs
Yellow Ferrari 355 about 2 minutes after the first Bentley
The same Maserati Quattroporte twice
late 80's Porsche 911, I was driving next to him for about 5 minutes with my window down listening to the exhaust.   B)
Porsche 944 Turbo
2 C6 Corvettes

only one pic:
nice catch!  I see a lot of these around...theyre sort of not exotic anymore for me.  

2007 Honda S2000

Colonel Cadillac

I saw that Shelby GT two seater sports car thing, what is the name of it? You could hear its exhaust from a mile away.  

Fire It Up

BMW 2002
Ricer that couldnt drive a manual
riced out Stang
Modded Vette

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

Saw a nice 70s Mercedes 280SL convertible, perfect condition, and parked with the top down. Stunning inside and out. Also a black CLS, from a distance.

CaseyNPham

Oh no you di'nt, how could you see a Quattroprote without me?!?
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Lorinser

QuoteI saw that Shelby GT two seater sports car thing, what is the name of it? You could hear its exhaust from a mile away.
Was it a Shelby Cobra?

Lorinser

I saw a Ferrari F40 pass us on the highway yesterday! The engine is louder than anything I have ever heard. :o  

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteI saw that Shelby GT two seater sports car thing, what is the name of it? You could hear its exhaust from a mile away.
Was it a Shelby Cobra?
Yes!  

ifcar

Saw some decent cars in the Auto Show In Motion parking lot today, only worth mentioning because I snapped quick pics.  :lol:

New RL:

New Mustang:

WRX STi:

And right after leaving, a CLS500:

mazda6er

I love the STi, but the gold rims aren't my thing.  I still think the RL looks good. Nice pics, and good catch with the MB.
--Mark

mazda6er

Oh yeah, and that's a V6 Mustang, not a GT. (notice the single exhaust, 16" wheels and sport tape)  I finally caught you saying something wrong! YES! A minor victory for all who have been corrected by ifcar.   B)
--Mark

ifcar

QuoteOh yeah, and that's a V6 Mustang, not a GT. (notice the single exhaust, 16" wheels and sport tape)  I finally caught you saying something wrong! YES! A minor victory for all who have been corrected by ifcar.   B)
Where did I say it was a GT?  <_<  

mazda6er

QuoteOh yeah, and that's a V6 Mustang, not a GT. (notice the single exhaust, 16" wheels and sport tape)  I finally caught you saying something wrong! YES! A minor victory for all who have been corrected by ifcar.   B)
Edited posts do not right wrongs :D  

I don't really care I just wanted to rib you on it. :)  
--Mark

ifcar

QuoteOh yeah, and that's a V6 Mustang, not a GT. (notice the single exhaust, 16" wheels and sport tape)  I finally caught you saying something wrong! YES! A minor victory for all who have been corrected by ifcar.   B)
Edited posts do not right wrongs :D  

I don't really care I just wanted to rib you on it. :)
I was hoping you would just get confused, but I'm just too used to GMPenguin/Kevin.  :P  

BMWDave

Nice pictures, ifcar!

I saw a RR from about 32 like this one:

Sadly, I didnt have my camera, so I was caught without a pic.  The car was a beauty though.  I saw a Bentley Continental GT, a Porsche Turbo S, and a nice Rolls from about 1990.

2007 Honda S2000