Clarkson Reviews the Mercedes CL600

Started by TheIntrepid, August 17, 2007, 01:54:23 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 20, 2007, 11:07:05 PM
On the rennlist forums there's some who have sold their 911s for Boxsters and Caymans.

Cheaper insurance?  Doesn't like the rear engine handling quirks?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Tave

Quote from: the Teuton on August 20, 2007, 11:20:00 PM
Cheaper insurance?? Doesn't like the rear engine handling quirks?

I think some just consider it to be the better driver's car. :huh:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

NomisR

Quote from: Tave on August 20, 2007, 11:30:54 PM

I think some just consider it to be the better driver's car. :huh:

A lot of those 911 owners probably don't care since their cars are automatics anyways

Submariner

Quote from: Tave on August 19, 2007, 10:35:30 PM
After you factor in DA's, public defenders, and people doing pro-bono. Private law pays much better.

Edit: I meant in general, not necessarily better than 60K (though it might).

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Submariner

Quote from: 850CSi on August 20, 2007, 01:44:43 AM
Interesting take, thanks for the tips. I guess it's a little humbling.

But few law schools are more selective than my university is, so that kind of gives me some encouragement, especially because I've done so much better so far in college than I did in HS. L-school admission is also heavily LSAT based, and, not to brag or anything, but I've scored in the 99th percentile on every standardized test I ever took seriously. I started stacking my resum? this summer (I'm only a freshman), so I'm trying to do whatever I can to get myself into a top law school. Although, as your example illustrates, there are plenty of examples on both sides, the average starting salary for someone coming out of my university's law school is $135,000 (my parents are generous enough to be paying my grad tuition). If I can get half of that right off the bat, I'll be satisfied.

Of course, if it doesn't work out, I have a multitude contingency plans. I'll just have to get a 2000 S500 instead of the '06 S600.  :lol:
I'm just trying to keep my eye on the prize. The thought of perhaps making enough money in 6 years to drive a $30K car is a motivator.  :P

Oh, and I wish you the best of luck with med school! My father's a doctor.

Or you can buy a 2004 SL 500, which is what I plan on doing upon graduating law school.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

heelntoe

at this rate, it looks like the spin will be invaded by lawyers in a few years time.
@heelntoe

JYODER240

Cheaper insurance?? Doesn't like the rear engine handling quirks?

Lighter, more nimble, some feel it's a more pure driving experience.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Cheaper insurance?  Doesn't like the rear engine handling quirks?

Insurance is likely cheaper on a 911 than on a Boxster or Cayman.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 20, 2007, 02:25:58 PM
Your hypocritical ass is only saying that because you OWN this specific car. :rolleyes:

No, anyone with a brain knows that it's a stupid way of looking at anything.

"Oh, you have a Rolls Royce?  You couldn't afford a Gulfstream?"

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 20, 2007, 09:14:53 PM
I'm not doubting that at all. I'm commenting on Raza's idiotic belief that his "opinion" is correct, whereas everyone else's opinions are bullshit.

So, I should only have opinions I believe are wrong?

You're such a cockface.  I stop posting for a couple of days, and everyone wants to gang up on Raza now.  Go fuck yourself.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

Although I find Clarkson irritating and full of himself, that was an interesting article.
Everyone's ganging up on you? That's not very nice of them.

Welcome back, I guess. I've barely been on here since the 12th, but I'm hit and miss, so I'm not sure who's here and who's not.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Quote from: thewizard16 on August 21, 2007, 10:38:42 PM
Although I find Clarkson irritating and full of himself, that was an interesting article.
Everyone's ganging up on you? That's not very nice of them.

Welcome back, I guess. I've barely been on here since the 12th, but I'm hit and miss, so I'm not sure who's here and who's not.

Surprisingly, since I stopped working, I've become very busy.  When I was busy at work, I was still sitting in front of a computer 12 hours a day.  But now, I'm all over the place.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

Quote from: Raza  on August 21, 2007, 10:06:24 PM
So, I should only have opinions I believe are wrong?

You're such a cockface.  I stop posting for a couple of days, and everyone wants to gang up on Raza now.  Go fuck yourself.
:lol:

heelntoe

so your internship is up? when do classes start?
@heelntoe

Raza

Quote from: heelntoe on August 21, 2007, 10:50:33 PM
so your internship is up? when do classes start?

Monday or Tuesday.  And in a while, I'm going to see if I can go back over winter break.  No one is going to be home, so there's really no reason for me to just stick around the house drinking and doing nothing for 3 weeks.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10702.msg546649#msg546649 date=1187816496
Monday or Tuesday.? And in a while, I'm going to see if I can go back over winter break.? No one is going to be home, so there's really no reason for me to just stick around the house drinking and doing nothing for 3 weeks.

Back to your internship? That's what I usually do. Nothing sucks your money away like a semester of school. It's great to have the opportunity to work over the winter, but it's not much of a break. Going back to school in the spring becomes my vacation.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on August 22, 2007, 03:05:22 PM
Back to your internship? That's what I usually do. Nothing sucks your money away like a semester of school. It's great to have the opportunity to work over the winter, but it's not much of a break. Going back to school in the spring becomes my vacation.

School won't eat up much of my savings.  But, I would like to have more in the bank come time to buy a new car. 

This summer, I went from 62 cents in my checking account to nearly $6000, and that was while spending a lot of money.  I could add $1500 to that working over winter break.  But, if they can't place me, it won't be a huge loss.  I could use the vacation.  My mother will be out of the country, and my dad out of state.  It might be my first real vacation in years.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

AltinD

Quote from: 850CSi on August 19, 2007, 12:50:29 PM
Well, that is the more likely outcome considering the rarity of 65s.

Saw one today (W220 S65)

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD