Favorite Modern Mustang

Started by 280Z Turbo, June 27, 2005, 03:38:18 PM

280Z Turbo

1979-1993

1994-1998

1999-2004

2005+

footoflead

my personal fav. of the older ones ...would have to be the '66 fastback...and '89 hatchback...beautiful cars..
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

1979-1993, though I don't care for the pre-1987 models.  

Raza

They sold that as a Mustang?  Sexy!   ;)

I'm beginning to like the new one more and more, but currently the last gen was my favorite.  Give it a month, maybe I'll switch.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

280Z Turbo

I like the 1994-2004 versions for modern styling that doesn't look boxy, but still looks like a Mustang. I prefer the 1999-2004 better because they sharpened up the styling.

Of course the 2005 is a much better car, but I don't care for the boxy styling and high beltline. It doesn't take an idiot to figure out that a flat front end will create more drag. :rolleyes:  

Raza

It is damn sexy though, and leagues away from the others dynamically.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

The new ones by FAR. The pick that Raza re-posting is just utterly hideous. How Ford could have the gaul to call that a Mustang is beyond me. Thunderbird is more like it.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

footoflead

QuoteThe new ones by FAR. The pick that Raza re-posting is just utterly hideous. How Ford could have the gaul to call that a Mustang is beyond me. Thunderbird is more like it.
i know what you mean....it makes me sick to think that they put the wonderful name of mustang on that POS

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

QuoteThe new ones by FAR. The pick that Raza re-posting is just utterly hideous. How Ford could have the gaul to call that a Mustang is beyond me. Thunderbird is more like it.
i know what you mean....it makes me sick to think that they put the wonderful name of mustang on that POS

That was almost a Stang once.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

footoflead

That was almost a Stang once.
i knew that...glad they didnt call it a mustang...imagin what the stang would look like if todays version was based off THAT!

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

I like the '05 best, with a tie with the 87-93 Fox body and Last gen for looks.
Excluding some of the early fox bodies and the Mustang II, the SN95 and everything after '67 are the worst.

Raza

QuoteI like the '05 best, with a tie with the 87-93 Fox body and Last gen for looks.
Excluding some of the early fox bodies and the Mustang II, the SN95 and everything after '67 are the worst.
Are you saying you like the Mustang II?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Speed_Racer

The new Mustang is a sexy beast. Way more muscular than the others in this poll. Pure retro looks, great price, quality interior, V8!

BMWDave

QuoteThe new Mustang is a sexy beast. Way more muscular than the others in this poll. Pure retro looks, great price, quality interior, V8!
Yup :praise:   Thats why I like it so much.

2007 Honda S2000

footoflead

QuoteThe new Mustang is a sexy beast. Way more muscular than the others in this poll. Pure retro looks, great price, quality interior, V8!
Yup :praise:   Thats why I like it so much.
to bad it weighs over 3000lbs....i think its closer to 3700lbs mabye a little under...or at least the GT is close to that weight....i agree i love the look of the new mustang...i think its the best one yet...but it needs to go on a diet for '06 and '07

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

QuoteI like the '05 best, with a tie with the 87-93 Fox body and Last gen for looks.
reading comprehension>raza

Re-read my post. Keyword "excluding"

Raza

Meaning "Other than the early Fox, the Mustang II, and the SN95, everything made after 1967 are the worst", meaning "that all other Mustangs made after 1967 are the worst except for the Fox, the Mustang II, and the SN95."

Your post was fairly poorly worded.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Meaning "Other than the early Fox, the Mustang II, and the SN95, everything made after 1967 are the worst", meaning "that all other Mustangs made after 1967 are the worst except for the Fox, the Mustang II, and the SN95."

Actually, to me that the post reads more like, "Except for the early fox bodies and the Mustang II, all of the Mustangs made after '67 are the worst, including the SN95"

Raza

Actually, to me that the post reads more like, "Except for the early fox bodies and the Mustang II, all of the Mustangs made after '67 are the worst, including the SN95"
Okay.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

footoflead

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

Maybe so.

I meant to say the SN95 along with the mustangs made from 1967 to 1986 are the worst looking.
Everyone agrees that the Mustang II and the earlier fox bodied mustangs are the ugliest and worst performing mustangs; it's a no brainer. Not counting those two styles is wha tI meant (as you probably know....).

I really don't like the redesigned front end in 1967, aspecially the Shelby GT500s front end. I do however like the movie car "Eleanor" front end quite a bit. This is a '68 GT500 with the ugly front end.

Then came the bloated and heavy "Grande" versions. Not sporty at all. THis is a '69

In '70 they added a few gills next to the headlight and I'll admit these ones looked a bit better.

Then in '71 they ruind it again. This is a '71

This is a '73. Still Ugly.

Then came the Mustang II. This is a '74 Ghia

Then the '79 - '86 Cars, they changed the noses around a bit through this generation. THis is a '79

They got better as they neared '86. THis is an '86

This is an '85 SVO (Turbo 2.3L 4 banger, about as quick as the 5.0L of the time)

TBR

I actually like the pre-1986 Fox models, in modified form anyway.

footoflead

QuoteMaybe so.

I meant to say the SN95 along with the mustangs made from 1967 to 1986 are the worst looking.
Everyone agrees that the Mustang II and the earlier fox bodied mustangs are the ugliest and worst performing mustangs; it's a no brainer. Not counting those two styles is wha tI meant (as you probably know....).

I really don't like the redesigned front end in 1967, aspecially the Shelby GT500s front end. I do however like the movie car "Eleanor" front end quite a bit. This is a '68 GT500 with the ugly front end.

Then came the bloated and heavy "Grande" versions. Not sporty at all. THis is a '69

In '70 they added a few gills next to the headlight and I'll admit these ones looked a bit better.

Then in '71 they ruind it again. This is a '71

This is a '73. Still Ugly.

Then came the Mustang II. This is a '74 Ghia

Then the '79 - '86 Cars, they changed the noses around a bit through this generation. THis is a '79

They got better as they neared '86. THis is an '86

This is an '85 SVO (Turbo 2.3L 4 banger, about as quick as the 5.0L of the time)
you confused me on the part about how you hate the GT500's front end but like eleanor...whats different ...i thought that they were the the same front end with the added lights and (fog lights...)....Eleanor is one sexy beast....

And for 109,000 you can get the base model..rated at 325HP
and for 139,000 you can own the performence model rated at...475HP
and for 189,000 you can get the super snake w/ vortech supercharger rated at 725HP

wish i could have at least the base model...

Link to the super snake!!!(725HP!!)

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

I don't like this:

I do like this:

Completely different front facia, bumper and hood.

Same thing with the '65 and '66 and the '67+...the '67 got bigger and they changed the front end slightly, made it looks ugly.

footoflead

QuoteI don't like this:

I do like this:

Completely different front facia, bumper and hood.

Same thing with the '65 and '66 and the '67+...the '67 got bigger and they changed the front end slightly, made it looks ugly.
i see....damn i want a eleanor

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

That 2nd mustang you posted, Run Away, is hot!

2007 Honda S2000

footoflead

QuoteThat 2nd mustang you posted, Run Away, is hot!
Eleanor....:wub:

*I've seen "Gone In 60 Seconds" ~40 times....its the best action/car/driving movie out there....i love the driving scenes w/ eleanor in them   :wub:  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

footoflead

QuoteRun Away is hot!
Am i reading the above wrong???

sorry dave...i saw the opportunity and had to take it :lol:

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

QuoteRun Away is hot!
Am i reading the above wrong???

sorry dave...i saw the opportunity and had to take it :lol:
C'mon guys, you know what I meant :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000