Anyone want a Murcielago?

Started by the Teuton, August 27, 2007, 10:48:44 PM

the Teuton

Police: Briggs charged with misdemeanor after leaving scene of accident
By ANDREW SELIGMAN, AP Sports Writer
August 27, 2007

Chicago Bears linebackers Lance Briggs (55) and Brian Urlacher (54) warm up before practice Monday, Aug. 27, 2007 in Lake Forrest, Ill. A damaged black Lamborghini registered to Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs was found abandoned early Monday alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side, authorities said.
AP - Aug 27, 3:46 pm EDT
More Photos

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs was charged with leaving the scene of an accident after crashing his Lamborghini and abandoning it alongside an expressway on the city's North Side, Illinois State Police said.

After meeting with police Monday afternoon, Briggs was also cited for failure to give immediate notice of an accident and improper lane usage, said Master Sgt. Luis Gutierrez.

Briggs was released after posting $100 bond and is scheduled to appear Oct. 4 in a Cook County court. Leaving the scene of a property damage accident is a Class A misdemeanor that carries a maximum 364 days in jail and a $1,000 fine, Gutierrez said.

No one was in the car with Briggs, and no other vehicles were involved, Gutierrez said.

"As a result of interviewing Mr. Briggs, it was determined that he was the driver of his 2007 Lamborghini," police said in a statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
Gutierrez said it was "undetermined" if drugs or alcohol were involved in the crash, that Briggs was not tested and it was too late to determine if they were a factor.

Officials said the 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago, which had crashed into a light pole, was discovered around 3:15 a.m on Interstate Highway 94. The black luxury Italian sports car has a Kelley Blue Book value of more than $350,000.

Bears coach Lovie Smith indicated the team will not discipline Briggs, whose "spirits were good for being in a one-car accident."

Smith said his first thought when he found out about the crash was: "Is Lance OK?"

"I was worried about his safety," Smith said. "In every car accident, that's the first thought that goes through your mind."

Defensive end Adewale Ogunleye said Briggs told him about the crash on Monday morning.

"He said that he crashed the car or something, and I had had to get to meetings, so I didn't have a chance to talk to him," Ogunleye said.

Briggs, who has not addressed the media since reporting to training camp late last month, did not make himself available during Monday's open locker room period. He had left practice to meet with authorities by the time reporters were admitted.

Briggs' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, was not available for comment, according to his brother Jason, who works for Rosenhaus Sports Representation. Jason Rosenhaus also declined comment.

News of the crash came on the same day Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick pleaded guilty to a dogfighting charge and two months after the Bears released defensive tackle Tank Johnson following numerous run-ins with the law.

It follows a rocky offseason for Briggs, a Pro Bowl linebacker who helped Chicago reach the Super Bowl last season.

Upset the Bears slapped the franchise player tag on him, Briggs told the team to remove it or trade him. He also said he would sit out -- at first for the entire season and then for 10 games.

He eventually accepted the one-year, $7.2 million franchise tender offer in late July, and the team agreed not to apply the franchise tag in 2008.

"It's just fortunate that he was able to walk away," said cornerback Nathan Vasher, who also owns a Lamborghini. "We don't know exactly what happened, so hopefully there'll be some more developments on that. I'm just glad to see him for practice."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-briggs-lamborghini&prov=ap&type=lgns

First I had heard about Mike Tyson abandoning his LM002 after it broke down, now this.  LOL
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

OK, so the guy wrecks his Lambo, and then decides his $350,000 car isn't even worth the time to make a phone call to get it towed?

Yeah, he'll be broke within six weeks of his retirement.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the_koof

I'll take a Murcielago if I have to.  :lol:
"If you only work on the days you feel good, you won't get much done in your life."

NomisR

Minpin

Im sure he was drunk or high at the time. If that is true he actually did the right thing and won...Instead of a DUI he gets that silly little charge. a 100 dollar bond fee? LOL   

Saw this a it gave me a little laugh....black luxury Italian sports car...what a stupid way to describe a car.  :lol:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Minpin on August 28, 2007, 02:36:33 PM
Im sure he was drunk or high at the time. If that is true he actually did the right thing and won...Instead of a DUI he gets that silly little charge. a 100 dollar bond fee? LOL? ?

Saw this a it gave me a little laugh....black luxury Italian sports car...what a stupid way to describe a car.? :lol:

He could still call a frikkin' tow truck.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FordSVT

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 27, 2007, 10:58:48 PM
OK, so the guy wrecks his Lambo, and then decides his $350,000 car isn't even worth the time to make a phone call to get it towed?

Yeah, he'll be broke within six weeks of his retirement.

Oh please, he was drunk or high and didn't want to get caught. He would have called in the morning to get it towed or something.  Leaving the scene of a one-car minor accident and improper use of a lane is a long way from being charged with a DUI. His being messed up and driving was his first and biggest mistake, but all things considered I'd say leaving the car was probably the right thing to do, for him anyway. What's his option, stay with the car and get busted for DUI? See ya later!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FordSVT on August 28, 2007, 05:52:08 PM
Oh please, he was drunk or high and didn't want to get caught. He would have called in the morning to get it towed or something.? Leaving the scene of a one-car minor accident and improper use of a lane is a long way from being charged with a DUI. His being messed up and driving was his first and biggest mistake, but all things considered I'd say leaving the car was probably the right thing to do, for him anyway. What's his option, stay with the car and get busted for DUI? See ya later!

There is no need to stay with the car- just call a tow truck: what's the confusion? If he feels he has to leave, whatever, but to not be bothered enough to even call a wrecker?

Oh wait, I know: you're a AAA member aren't you, and they have that stupid rule about not towing unattended vehicles.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 28, 2007, 06:34:23 PM

Oh wait, I know: you're a AAA member aren't you, and they have that stupid rule about not towing unattended vehicles.

Please elaborate on this rule.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 28, 2007, 06:38:07 PM
Please elaborate on this rule.

AAA will not authorize a car to be towed unless there is someone there to hand over the keys.

But, if you call up a tow company direct, give them a credit card number and tell them where the car is they'll tow it to wherever without anyone there.

Minpin

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 28, 2007, 06:34:23 PM
There is no need to stay with the car- just call a tow truck: what's the confusion? If he feels he has to leave, whatever, but to not be bothered enough to even call a wrecker?

Your missing the point that he was drunk or high (most likely) and didn't have the brain capacity to do that. I'm sure his first instinct was to get the hell out of dodge and lay low. Purely speculation of course but it sounds better to me than OMGWTFBBQ HE"S AN IDIOT CAUSE HE DIDNT CALL TOW TRUCK COMPANY OTHER THAN AAA OMGWTFBBQ
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Minpin on August 28, 2007, 06:50:24 PM
Your missing the point that he was drunk or high (most likely) and didn't have the brain capacity to do that. I'm sure his first instinct was to get the hell out of dodge and lay low. Purely speculation of course but it sounds better to me than OMGWTFBBQ HE"S AN IDIOT CAUSE HE DIDNT CALL TOW TRUCK COMPANY OTHER THAN AAA OMGWTFBBQ

He didn't walk home, that I can guarantee. Somebody drove him home.

But yeah- OMGWTFBBQ!!!He's an idiot!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 28, 2007, 06:40:46 PM
AAA will not authorize a car to be towed unless there is someone there to hand over the keys.

Understandable. Anyone can steal a car by having it hauled to their chop shop or whatever.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 28, 2007, 10:17:07 PM
Understandable. Anyone can steal a car by having it hauled to their chop shop or whatever.

AAA and the towing company keeps records of where the cars are picked up, and where they go to. Plus, you need to give them both your membership number and a credit card number to get the truck to show up.

It wouldn't be a very smart way to steal a car in other words.

TheIntrepid

That's why we never hear of it being done.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 28, 2007, 10:21:19 PM
That's why we never hear of it being done.

If however you owned your own tow truck... :ohyeah:

Of course it might be smart to take your phone number off the side of it first :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 28, 2007, 10:23:07 PM
If however you owned your own tow truck... :ohyeah:

Of course it might be smart to take your phone number off the side of it first :lol:

:lol:

sandertheshark

See, this is why I like Ferrari's policy of screening people who line up to buy their cars.  I hear of way too many Lambos getting trashed these days.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sandertheshark on August 28, 2007, 10:31:27 PM
See, this is why I like Ferrari's policy of screening people who line up to buy their cars.  I hear of way too many Lambos getting trashed these days.

Ferrari screens people? Hmm... I wonder if I would pass (aside from the part about having no money)
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on August 28, 2007, 10:35:05 PM
Ferrari screens people? Hmm... I wonder if I would pass (aside from the part about having no money)

:lol:

Gotta-Qik-C7

I heard on the news tonight that he tried to report the car stolen.  :nono:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on August 28, 2007, 10:35:05 PM

Oh they have scholarship programs for the less-than-ridiculously-rich, but the qualification process is torturous...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 29, 2007, 12:41:42 AM
Oh they have scholarship programs for the less-than-ridiculously-rich, but the qualification process is torturous...

I'll do it. I don't care how torturous it is. How do I sign up?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on August 29, 2007, 12:44:23 AM

They probably look at two things:  Credit history and accident history.  You can't order one without a sizable down payment anyway, so they screen out the not rich that way.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on August 29, 2007, 12:44:23 AM

You have to go to a ferrari dealership and be able to recite the entire starting lineup of the 1948 LeMans to the tune of "Il Canto degli Italiani " (that's the Italian national anthem).

That will get you the application request form.

It just gets nuttier from there...