More GTR information?

Started by SJ_GTI, August 28, 2007, 11:55:03 AM

This is probably my favorite pic of the GTR so far. 

We get a great look at the headlights, which seems to have changed from the Proto version.  Also does anyone know what tires those are?  That looks like some super aggressive tread pattern.

FlatBlackCaddy

I see the seats from that first shot, i'm sure they'll be about as functional as the rear seats in that 944 i had. They worked good for holding a cd wallet.

I'm just excited about the possibility of owning such a high performance car for so little(if that 57K figure is accurate for a base model).

I'd love a 911 turbo(been looking at 996 turbos, alittle to rich for me) i just can't afford one. The GTR is actually somewhat attainable to me.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: 565 on September 25, 2007, 01:22:36 PM
This is probably my favorite pic of the GTR so far. 

We get a great look at the headlights, which seems to have changed from the Proto version.  Also does anyone know what tires those are?  That looks like some super aggressive tread pattern.

I'm guessing one of the JDM tire companys may have made a special tire for the GTR. Just a guess but wouldn't surprise me.

Panama Jack

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Panama Jack on September 25, 2007, 01:35:10 PM
better start saving up!  :rockon:

Welcome to the forums. We now have a Panama Chopster and a Nevada Jack... combination.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Panama Jack

Thanks for the welcome. Long time lurker. I enjoy everybodies posts on this forum.

I am actually from Panama as well  ;)

MX793

No regular manual?  I certainly hope the paddle shifters are at least some sort of SMG or DSG and not a paddle shifted slushbox (like the SLR).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Check it out guys, offical GTR global site.

http://www.gtrnissan.com/index.en.us.html

The GTR is quickly becoming one of the most, if not the most anticipated car in recent history.  I hope it lives up to it's extremely high expectations.

FlatBlackCaddy

I like this picture here, i'd love to pick up an old R32.
Check out the text below the picture.  :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Panama Jack on September 25, 2007, 02:55:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Long time lurker. I enjoy everybodies posts on this forum.

I am actually from Panama as well  ;)

Ah, I didn't even realize you were new.  Welcome to the forums.

Long time lurker, eh?  You probably already dislike me then.  Which is fine with me, since I don't have to waste time being nice to you.

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 26, 2007, 09:24:47 AM
I like this picture here, i'd love to pick up an old R32.
Check out the text below the picture.  :lol:

I would too.  Maybe a GTSt though, since GTRs are so hard to find.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on September 26, 2007, 10:15:29 AM
I would too.  Maybe a GTSt though, since GTRs are so hard to find.

Not as hard as you'd think. World markets are undeniably propped up by JDM imports, but you wouldn't have too much trouble coming across a nice unmolested example.

You might have to move to Australia, of course.

FlatBlackCaddy

I believe canada is getting some now. I believe they have a 15 year timeline(cars 15 years or older do not need to meet Safety and Emission standards). So the earliest of the 32's are hitting that area. In the US i believe our limit is 20 years.

FlatBlackCaddy

I'll buy one someday, hopefully there will still be some good ones around to pick from when the import regulations drop in the next 5 years.

Panama Jack

To Raza:

I like your straight, pretty much, this is how i see it responses. Ur not a bser.

However, your hate for BMW is interesting  :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Panama Jack on September 26, 2007, 04:30:51 PM
To Raza:

I like your straight, pretty much, this is how i see it responses. Ur not a bser.

However, your hate for BMW is interesting  :lol:

:lol:

I also really hate first generation Durangos and Navigators.  Far too many have almost run me off the road. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Panama Jack

Im guessing, but 70% of SUV/Truck type veh's are not even really needed by the buyers.

Its a perception thing.

I would never buy one unless i could use its capabilities on a continual basis.

Raza

Quote from: Panama Jack on September 26, 2007, 05:22:51 PM
Im guessing, but 70% of SUV/Truck type veh's are not even really needed by the buyers.

Its a perception thing.

I would never buy one unless i could use its capabilities on a continual basis.

Neither would I; even then, I'd hesitate to buy anything other than a Forester or an old Disco.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ChrisV

Quote from: Panama Jack on September 26, 2007, 05:22:51 PM

And 0% of sports cars are "needed" by the buyers. Nor can you use the capabilities of most of them on a continual basis (you should not be going fast enough on the street to max out the capabilities of any car, much less a high performance one, like this new GTR, for example).

Time to drop the concept of "need" from the vocabulary when discussing this stuff. We "need" basic foodstuffs, basic clothing, and basic shelter. Anything more than that is a "want."

We buy things because we like them and because we want them.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

JYODER240

Quote from: ChrisV on September 27, 2007, 06:00:08 AM
And 0% of sports cars are "needed" by the buyers. Nor can you use the capabilities of most of them on a continual basis (you should not be going fast enough on the street to max out the capabilities of any car, much less a high performance one, like this new GTR, for example).

Time to drop the concept of "need" from the vocabulary when discussing this stuff. We "need" basic foodstuffs, basic clothing, and basic shelter. Anything more than that is a "want."

:banghead:
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 27, 2007, 08:04:55 AM
:banghead:
He's right (I hate saying that about Chris).  Technically my Sunfire provides more performance then I can even use on public roads.  Ah fuck it, I want and need 500 hp.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ChrisV on September 27, 2007, 06:00:08 AM

Agreed 100%. The fine line between NEEDS and WANTS are what confuses many people here.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 27, 2007, 08:14:56 AM
He's right (I hate saying that about Chris).  Technically my Sunfire provides more performance then I can even use on public roads.  Ah fuck it, I want and need 500 hp.

I know he's right but it's like correcting someone who says "who" instead of "whom". Who cares? He goes about having conniptions over the smallest things, because we're so "close minded". Its an internet forum, relax.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 27, 2007, 08:18:58 AM
I know he's right but it's like correcting someone who says "who" instead of "whom". Who cares? He goes about having conniptions over the smallest things, because we're so "close minded". Its an internet forum, relax.
I agree with you on that too.  Hence why I said I want and need 500 hp.

Champ

The only point that argument doesn't cover is the fact that SUV's are generally worse for traffic and put greater wear and tear on our roads.

Panama Jack

That is true Chris.

However due to the popularity of SUV/truck type vehicles, they have alot more of a negative effect on resources and what people consume than "sports cars" ever will. Sports cars are more of a niche compared to SUV/truck like vehicles since they have become mainstream.

Just look at oil consumption in California alone. I believe that California is in the top 10 as far as oil comsumption. And that is in the world.

Main culprit...SUV's

Panama Jack

ChrisV

My older 7 series weighs as much as most intermediate sized SUVs (which are the most popular sized and sold SUVs) and gets relatively crappy fuel mileage. Whether I drive that or my older Range Rover, I'm using the roads the same and using about the same fuel. You'd complain about me driving my Range Rover, but not my 7 series. That's the dichotomy of the situation. No one here has said, since I've bought the car, that I'm wasting the world away by buying a big luxury car that doesn't get 30 mpg and is faster and bigger than I need to get to work. I doubt anyone would even think it. But they'd have no problem complaining to high heaven about the Range Rover being an evil force in the world and a complete waste of resources, space and money.

I don't "need" either of them, and I'm sure a $500 Ford Festiva would get me to work just as well. Hell, YOU probably own more than a $500 Ford Festiva (though I don't know this for a fact) and are therefore driving more car than you need, and using more resources than you need. So are many people here. The problem is where you personally have decided to draw that line, then determined which side of that arbitrary line is bad for other people. Then you complain about only one portion of the market that has crossed that arbitrary line.

The vast majority of the market is made up of people driving increasingly larger and more powerful mid-size sedans, much more car than they need, wasting resources etc. The only complaint leveled against them is that they are boring. And the luxury car market is as large as the full size SUV market (the Suburban and Expedition class vehicles that everyone likes to hold up as the "typical" SUV, even though it isn't), but few are complaining that the luxury car market is using up too many resources. And enthusiasts don't want our high powered sports car and performance cars in the spotlight (just because the market is smaller and they aren't used as often doesn't mean that they aren't more powerful and use more fuel than anyone "needs" when they ARE used) because those are the cars we like. True, cars like this GTR, and Vipers, and Z06s, and Shelby Mustangs, are rare in the market, and have little overall impact on overall resources, but if the complaint is valid against any vehicle, it's valid to use on all vehicles. They are more car than anyone needs and if any vehicle is going to be complained about for being more vehicle than anyone needs, then all vehicles that are more than anyone needs should be complained about. Whether we like and want the vehicles in question or not. And since I'm not going to complain about performance cars, I'm not going to be a hypocrite and complain about the average SUV. And I'll point out the dichotomy whenever it arises.

Pretty much all of us could make do with less car than we have (well, maybe not NACar and his Esteem...  :lol: ). We've each decided on which side of the need-want cost/benefit analysis we come down on, based as much on what we LIKE as on anything. And that's as it should be. I like my BMW. I like my Range Rover. They were both inexpensive and fulfill their own portions of what I want in my vehicles (my '63 Comet convertible fulfills another portion).
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Quote from: Panama Jack on September 27, 2007, 10:12:59 AM
Just look at oil consumption in California alone. I believe that California is in the top 10 as far as oil comsumption. And that is in the world.

Main culprit... SUV's   36,500,000 people
That's 4.5 million more people then there is in all of Canada.