Collection of supposed 9-5 spy shots...

Started by LostBoy, June 27, 2005, 09:39:51 PM

LostBoy

I found a new Saab 9-5 spy shot...Here are all the previous ones, as well, compiled into a tasty, bite-sized post.  Enjoy! B)

Quick question for the speculators here:  What platform do you think the ~2009 9-5 (remodeled, not this "re-skin") will ride on?

Latest rear shot:

Previous "Spy Shots":

BMWDave

thanks for compiling them all! :) It will ride on a FWD or AWD platform, thus ruling out the CTS platform.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

cozmik

The next 9-5 is supposed to ride on Epsilon 2.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

I hate it! The taillights looks like they are straight off of a Corolla, the grill is too bulbous, and what happened to the little side grills? At least it still looks good in profile.  

Raza

For comparison purposes:

The tail lights don't seem too different...they might still be partially camoflaged.

In my opinion, the current 9-5 is one of the best looking sedans on the market.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Raza, the taillights are final because they are camoed, unless Saab plans to put in entirely new bulbs, which isnt likely.  And yes, I also think the Saab 9-5 is a great looking sedan.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I agree that the current 9-5 is probably the best looking sedan under 40k, but I don't care for the updated model at all.  

cozmik

I too have to say that the 9-5 is pne of the better looking cars out there. The design is amazing in how well it has aged. Saab has just made little tweaks to the grille and tail and it has managed to keep it from looking old on the outside. The dash is really the only big place where the 9-5 IMO shows its age. I think the new interior will help sales a lot. So will the rumored new engines.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

BMWDave

QuoteI too have to say that the 9-5 is pne of the better looking cars out there. The design is amazing in how well it has aged. Saab has just made little tweaks to the grille and tail and it has managed to keep it from looking old on the outside. The dash is really the only big place where the 9-5 IMO shows its age. I think the new interior will help sales a lot. So will the rumored new engines.
I sat in one at the auto show and it had one of the most comfortable seats in the industry.

2007 Honda S2000

cozmik

QuoteI too have to say that the 9-5 is pne of the better looking cars out there. The design is amazing in how well it has aged. Saab has just made little tweaks to the grille and tail and it has managed to keep it from looking old on the outside. The dash is really the only big place where the 9-5 IMO shows its age. I think the new interior will help sales a lot. So will the rumored new engines.
I sat in one at the auto show and it had one of the most comfortable seats in the industry.
The Swedes are masters with seats. Both Volvo and Saab are known for their seats, though I have to say, the seats are one place where they dropped the ball in the 9-3. Other than the Aero/Vector seats, which are awesome, the standard seats are only average.

Raza

The Swedes are masters with seats. Both Volvo and Saab are known for their seats, though I have to say, the seats are one place where they dropped the ball in the 9-3. Other than the Aero/Vector seats, which are awesome, the standard seats are only average.
Miro swears up and down that the French make the best seats, but many of us won't drive a French car in our life, and he's got one--so I'll just have to take his word for it for now.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

This is getting a new interior? Rather unfortunate as the current interior is one of my favorites, I hope they don't try to make it look like the 9-3's (that cars biggest fault imho).  

Raza

This is getting a new interior? Rather unfortunate as the current interior is one of my favorites, I hope they don't try to make it look like the 9-3's (that cars biggest fault imho).
?

The interiors look similar and are similar in design.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

?

Not really. They have the same basic shape, but other than that there really aren't many similarities. The difference in quality is just astounding, the 9-5's uses much better materials.  

Raza

?

Not really. They have the same basic shape, but other than that there really aren't many similarities. The difference in quality is just astounding, the 9-5's uses much better materials.
Ahh...the only time I spent in the 9-5 was mostly in the back.  I didn't get to drive one or stroke the dash.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

?

Ahh...the only time I spent in the 9-5 was mostly in the back.  I didn't get to drive one or stroke the dash.
You don't have to stroke the dash, just look at it. You can tell the difference quite easily. I'll get some pics up in a minute.  

cozmik

The 9-5 does generally use nicer materials than the 9-3 (which itself has fairly decent materials IMO). The only thing I liked better in my 9-3 was the door pulls. But the 2006 9-3 is getting an updated interior with better materials, so I don't think the 9-5 will be getting any worse.

TBR

QuoteThe 9-5 does generally use nicer materials than the 9-3 (which itself has fairly decent materials IMO). The only thing I liked better in my 9-3 was the door pulls. But the 2006 9-3 is getting an updated interior with better materials, so I don't think the 9-5 will be getting any worse.
Are they getting rid of the information center also? I hope so, those things are stupid imho.  

cozmik

QuoteThe 9-5 does generally use nicer materials than the 9-3 (which itself has fairly decent materials IMO). The only thing I liked better in my 9-3 was the door pulls. But the 2006 9-3 is getting an updated interior with better materials, so I don't think the 9-5 will be getting any worse.
Are they getting rid of the information center also? I hope so, those things are stupid imho.
Not that I know of, but personally, I like mine.  :angry:  

Raza

You can't always tell from pictures though.  Take the last gen IS300--in the pictures it looked horrible, but when you go up close it was a well built interior that used good materials.  

Either way, I hope the interior doesn't make any sense.  Saabs are an ergonomic nightmare--and that's the way they should be.  And if the ignition moves from where it's supposed to be, I might destroy GM singlehandedly.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

You can't always tell from pictures though.  Take the last gen IS300--in the pictures it looked horrible, but when you go up close it was a well built interior that used good materials.  

Either way, I hope the interior doesn't make any sense.  Saabs are an ergonomic nightmare--and that's the way they should be.  And if the ignition moves from where it's supposed to be, I might destroy GM singlehandedly.
:lol:   How would you do that?

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

He knows people... :lol: The Gottis probably aren't real happy with the car industry right now so perhaps they might be of help. :lol:  

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteTim's right...I do know people.
I also know people, just probably not the right ones :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

cozmik

I am going based on the loaner 9-5 I got one time when I judge the material quality btw.

And ergonomic nightmare compared to idrive???

LostBoy

He knows people... :lol: The Gottis probably aren't real happy with the car industry right now so perhaps they might be of help. :lol:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

[: passenger door opens to rapidly passing tarmac :]
GM:  "I just...I just need more time!  PLEASE...ahhh!!!"

Raza

I am going based on the loaner 9-5 I got one time when I judge the material quality btw.

And ergonomic nightmare compared to idrive???
You drive a Saab, so you're used to it by now, but getting in that car and trying to find a button is incredibly hard.  As a reviewer once put it, he said he accidently established a missile lock on the Buick in front of him while trying to change an aircon setting or something.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cozmik

But that's the best part! BUTTONS! I love buttons, and there is a button for EVERYTHING!  :D