My first ticket - ends up being in the US

Started by SVT_Power, August 31, 2007, 11:16:02 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: M_power on December 23, 2007, 10:06:10 AM
okay i got a letter back from the DA. It says if i enter a guilty plea, I'll be pleading guilty to VTL ? 1102 (failure to comply a non moving violation) rather than being charged with VTL ? 1180 (d), which i assume is speeding. Then it says this consent is conditioned upon the court imposing a sentence of: fine & S/C. What's S/C? I just googled and apparently it means plus surcharge? If fines are uniform throughout the state, it says the maximum fine for VTL ? 1102 is $100. So I guess I'll be pleading guilty to this.

That's sounds great Eddie.  You should really thank Adam.  That letter he helped you write seems to have worked like a charm.  Now you have no moving violation on your record, which was, or should have been, your goal.

The fine is nothing.  What you should do now is bring this whole thing to a close as quickly as possible.  Send it in, and then pay the fine when they request it.  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SVT_Power

yes i do owe adam for that letter.

thanks dude!
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: M_power on December 23, 2007, 10:13:10 AM
yes i do owe adam for that letter.

thanks dude!

Adam apparently has a lot of experience in writing those kind of letters.

When you first meet Adam, you can almost spot a halo on his head.  But then as you talk to him a little bit longer, and you see the gleam in his eye when he talks about the various times he's been pulled over, ticketed, etc., you get a glimpse of the devilish tendencies that reside under the saintly facade.... :evildude:  :lol:

I'm glad you put his extensive experience to good use.  :cheers:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SVT_Power

Here's to hoping the prosecutor for my next court date (coming Wed) is willing to accept a non-moving violation for my 15 km/h(9 mph) over the limit ticket! And if not, no biggie since the ticket is only $52.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 01, 2010, 03:18:27 PM
Here's to hoping the prosecutor for my next court date (coming Wed) is willing to accept a non-moving violation for my 15 km/h(9 mph) over the limit ticket! And if not, no biggie since the ticket is only $52.

How many more tickets do you have outstanding?  There have been so many that I can't keep track.... :rolleyes:

Maybe you can write some sort of guide book to traffic courts around Canada and the eastern US, since you seem to have been a defendant in quite a number of them....
:lol:

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on August 01, 2010, 04:30:30 PM
How many more tickets do you have outstanding?  There have been so many that I can't keep track.... :rolleyes:

Maybe you can write some sort of guide book to traffic courts around Canada and the eastern US, since you seem to have been a defendant in quite a number of them....
:lol:

Well I have this one, and then I have a HOV violation + expired insurance slip back in Toronto. But Toronto is famous for taking well over a year to get any kind of traffic violations into court (even though they say wait half a year). So I don't even know when I'll get around to that one.

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 01, 2010, 07:39:47 PM
Well I have this one, and then I have a HOV violation + expired insurance slip back in Toronto. But Toronto is famous for taking well over a year to get any kind of traffic violations into court (even though they say wait half a year). So I don't even know when I'll get around to that one.

It's good that they take so long to drag your sorry ass into court because it's important to always have at least one charge pending, and you seem ot be slacking in that department too.  You better make sure to pick up a couple of more tickets before these get settled.  You wouldn't want to run out.  :devil: