Wingle!

Started by Panama_Chopster, September 02, 2007, 10:47:04 AM

Panama_Chopster

I couldn't remember the name, just that it sounded really funny. It's a Chinese pickup truck, think Colorado/D-Max but at least an original front end (but seriously, the Chinese need to hire someone who knows what he/she is doing, not give some random guy/gal paper, pencils and rulers(I think most companies don't know what a French curve is))

Here is the GWM(Great Wall Motors) WINGLE!

giant_mtb

Hmm...where have I seen those exact same window switches before?

TheIntrepid

I love that name. :lol:

Random Person:  "So what kind of car do you drive?"
Owner: "Yeah well I used to drive a Titan, which I traded in for a Wingle."

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

thewizard16

I still don't understand the Chinese take on styling. Can they not see properly? Do they have problems with the lines and shapes fitting together? With the exception of vehicles they have designed by others, there seems to be some consistency in these problems... there must be some explanation.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: thewizard16 on September 03, 2007, 02:50:58 AM
I still don't understand the Chinese take on styling. Can they not see properly? Do they have problems with the lines and shapes fitting together? With the exception of vehicles they have designed by others, there seems to be some consistency in these problems... there must be some explanation.

They're using copies of cars from other markets and trying to make them look slightly different, but they have no real car identity of their own: they haven't made the things before.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TheIntrepid

Quote from: thewizard16 on September 03, 2007, 02:50:58 AM
I still don't understand the Chinese take on styling. Can they not see properly?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to stereotype day.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Panama_Chopster

I don't think they know what a French curve is. I see the front of a LC Prado and from the A pillar to the back is all straight lines and really angular. I'll try to take pictures of one I see next time.