2008 Mazda6 pictures

Started by crv16, September 06, 2007, 11:00:32 AM

crv16

09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

FlatBlackCaddy

Wow...........

It looks like shit.

The malibu is going to kill this thing, i was alittle worried since the mazda 6 is the only thing standing in its way.
After seeing the new accord the malibu is going to be a shoe in. Thankfully mazda dropped the ball as well.

The Pirate

The tail lights look a bit odd, otherwise I like it a lot.  Per the first pic on the Jalopnik page, there appears to still be a wagon as well.  If it's headed to the U.S. shores, that would replace the Protege quite nicely (bought used in a few years, naturally).
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

It looks absolutely gorgeous.  I don't think any sedan in its price range looks as dramatic or sleek or well detailed.  It makes the new Accord look like even more crap, (why they decided to copy the already butt ugly 5 series is beyond me).  Hell it looks much better than those midsized luxury sedans from high end makers.

Everything about this Mazda 6 looks amazing.

Galaxy

nickdrinkwater

I think it looks pretty good.  Looks brilliant from some angles, average from other viewpoints.

A big improvement on the bland design of the current car.

nickdrinkwater

Clear resemblance, IMO (to be expected).  The 6 is sleeker, more purposeful and stylish.

Be interesting to see what the new Accord looks like in comparison to this....

etypeJohn

I don't like the wheels in Nick's top picture, but other than that I like it. 

Am I sorry I just bought a 2007?  No, I like it too.

Payman

Sweet.  :ohyeah:

Compare with Camry, Accord, Malibu, Fusion, even the Altima... and this is clearly IMHO the nicest looking package.

FIU Panther

Quote from: etypeJohn on September 06, 2007, 11:32:46 AM
Am I sorry I just bought a 2007?? No, I like it too.

I feel the same way.

This new 6 looks gorgeous.
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SJ_GTI

I think it looks really good. Best Japanese mid-sizer easy.

Overall I think the Aura is a bit nicer looking (exterior for sure, not possitive on the inside), but I would guess the Mazda is more fun to drive (and will almost certainly have a 6MT with the V6).

Yawn

What month will it be released?

Payman

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 06, 2007, 11:30:06 AM

Clear resemblance, IMO (to be expected).? The 6 is sleeker, more purposeful and stylish.

Be interesting to see what the new Accord looks like in comparison to this....

It's based on, or platform shares, with the Euro Mondeo????   :rockon:

Danish

Anyone else notice a 5 door hatchback look to it?
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

omicron

Quote from: Danish on September 06, 2007, 12:03:42 PM

Isn't that what it is?

mazda6er

Quote from: Danish on September 06, 2007, 12:03:42 PM
I'd imagine so, considering it's offered as a 5-door hatchback.  :lol:

(shady's back, back again)
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

omicron

Quote from: mazda6er on September 06, 2007, 12:11:58 PM
I'd imagine so, considering it's offered as a 5-door hatchback. :lol:

The Prodigal Son returns!

Of course, I don't recall him being in a dress, but I suppose such tales are open to interpretation.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Payman on September 06, 2007, 11:55:34 AM
It's based on, or platform shares, with the Euro Mondeo????? ?:rockon:
I believe that's supposed to be a deeply held secret :mask:.  They would rather it be thought that the 6 is a different platform...at least in North America :confused:.

As for the new Mazda6, it looks terrific :ohyeah:!

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

mazda6er

You know...I really like the exterior, (although I've got to say at first glance I saw Camry Solara in the grill), but the interior somehow reminds me of the new Impreza, which is not a good thing, and the remaining parts, (mainly the steering wheel) aren't all that attractive.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SVT666

I'm going to have to see it in person because I don't like the front wheel arches in the pictures.  The The headlights and taillights are way too busy though.  Other then that I like it.

Payman

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 06, 2007, 12:20:53 PM
I believe that's supposed to be a deeply held secret :mask:.? They would rather it be thought that the 6 is a different platform...at least in North America :confused:.

As for the new Mazda6, it looks terrific :ohyeah:!

So... those in the know shopping a Fusion might want to take a trip to the Mazda dealer.

This won't be much of a secret for long though...

3.0L V6

Looks best in a dark color. But still, thumbs up!

cawimmer430

Very hot. The sportiest looking car in its class. :rockon:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

Me likes. Perhaps with such good looks, they will be abe to bring back the 'sp33d and actually sell some.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Zcarnut

The current one looked sporty too.But I think they need to address its size if they want to sell more of them.

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 06, 2007, 12:45:37 PM
Very hot. The sportiest looking car in its class. :rockon:
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).

cawimmer430

Quote from: Zcarnut on September 06, 2007, 12:57:19 PM
The current one looked sporty too.But I think they need to address its size if they want to sell more of them.

I never really liked the current one. It looked kind of bland to be honest. :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Danish

Quote from: mazda6er on September 06, 2007, 12:11:58 PM
I'd imagine so, considering it's offered as a 5-door hatchback.  :lol:

:mask:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.