'08 Chevy Malibu Sport

Started by CJ, September 08, 2007, 06:50:42 PM

CJ

ifcar

I think they were smart not to call it "SS." But there's not much else to think from the information you're providing.

CJ

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

What is with big grills? They work on Audis, but other than that this is a disturbing trend.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CJ

Submariner

The big grill thing has to stop.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on September 08, 2007, 09:08:27 PM
What is with big grills? They work on Audis, but other than that this is a disturbing trend.
Big grilles are fine if it matches the character and styling of the car.  In this case, I like it.

thewizard16

It's nice. I think it'd benefit from a little less grille, but still nice.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Colonel Cadillac

Looks a bit like an Acura TL Type-R

omicron

nickdrinkwater

Front overhang is a little long.  Not bad though.

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 08, 2007, 11:01:25 PM
Big grilles are fine if it matches the character and styling of the car.  In this case, I like it.

It's a conservatively styled family sedan, the big grill doesn't match the rest of the styling or the intended purpose of the car.

ifcar

The grille is fine for me. My main complaint with the Malibu's styling is its rear end.

SaltyDog

Lookin good...if it came with a LS7 and a 6-speed I'd buy it.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Gotta-Qik-C7

I don't cars for the "Audi" grill but overall its a nice looking car.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

ChrisV

The grille isn't very big. Remember when almost ALL cars had full width or height grilles with the headlights IN the grilles? Oh, right, you guys DON'T.

This grille took up the entire front of a conservative family sedan...

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

thewizard16

By that standard, no, it's not a big grille. By modern standards, it is. I don't think they were implying this is the first time family sedans have had big grilles.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ChrisV

They were saying it's too big for a family sedan. I beg to differ. And I backed up that difference of opinion with facts. Opinion: it's not that big. Facts: they've been bigger before without a problem. Ergo, family sedans can have bigger grilles than many do now.

It's also NOT as big as an Audi grille, by a long shot. And not as big as the 300's grille (which was ALSO patterned after the size grilles of '50s cars).

Whether one LIKES the grille design or not is subjective and a matter of personal taste (I'm not necessarily a fan of this particular style, either). But the FACT is that it's not factually "too big for a family sedan."  :lol:
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

nickdrinkwater

I don't think anyone said it was factually too big, since whether it is too big is subjective anyway...

SaltyDog

I think he meant too big for his tastes, not too big to physically work.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

thewizard16

Quote from: ChrisV on September 12, 2007, 08:27:20 AM
They were saying it's too big for a family sedan. I beg to differ. And I backed up that difference of opinion with facts. Opinion: it's not that big. Facts: they've been bigger before without a problem. Ergo, family sedans can have bigger grilles than many do now.

It's also NOT as big as an Audi grille, by a long shot. And not as big as the 300's grille (which was ALSO patterned after the size grilles of '50s cars).

Whether one LIKES the grille design or not is subjective and a matter of personal taste (I'm not necessarily a fan of this particular style, either). But the FACT is that it's not factually "too big for a family sedan."  :lol:
That's true, they could make the entire front grille (could be an interesting photoshop if someone's bored). I remember thinking that the Audi grilles were massive the first time I saw them, enough to swallow a child or household pet, and this certainly isn't that big. They even saw fit to break this one up a bit with a big bar for the logo in the middle. I don't think this is beautiful, but it's not unbelievably huge.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

TBR

Quote from: ChrisV on September 12, 2007, 08:27:20 AM

You're a fucking idiot, and that is an opinion. 

I just noted that I thought the grill was too big for this type of sedan. Is it entirely necessary for me to put an "imo" after everything I say? I assume that at least some of it is implied.

Atomic

i like it. the grille? a little european influence, that's all. great attempt on gm's part this time.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on September 12, 2007, 08:14:32 PM
You're a fucking idiot, and that is an opinion. 

I just noted that I thought the grill was too big for this type of sedan. Is it entirely necessary for me to put an "imo" after everything I say? I assume that at least some of it is implied.

:lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]