Old School or New School? (read down)

Virage Vantage
9 (37.5%)
Vanquish
15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 18, 2007, 02:20:22 PM
Yes we know it is a joke but it's one you use every time you get the chance. If you going to act like the Camry is an amazing car be prepared for people to bash it. Especialy on an enthusiasts forum.

It's not an amazing car. It's just a perfectly good car. I drive one. I like it. Millions drive them. Millions like them. There's a reason. End of story.

Plenty of people like the Z and buy it. Plenty of people (who are stupid) like Raza hate the Z. Same story.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 18, 2007, 02:23:33 PM
It's not an amazing car. It's just a perfectly good car. I drive one. I like it. Millions drive them. Millions like them. There's a reason. End of story.

Plenty of people like the Z and buy it. Plenty of people (who are stupid) like Raza hate the Z. Same story.

The Camry is a good car for the oblivious.  Millions of people are oblivious. 

Set the bar low enough and anything becomes exceptional.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 18, 2007, 02:23:33 PM

Millions of people don't know what is and isn't a good car. Heck, people even bought SSR's and enjoyed them.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 18, 2007, 02:30:09 PM
Millions of people don't know what is and isn't a good car. Heck, people even bought SSR's and enjoyed them.

Why hurt their 'ambitions'? My mother would very much like an ES350. I'm sure she'll buy one when she retires. Different strokes for different folks.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11148.msg573660#msg573660 date=1190147281
The Camry is a good car for the oblivious.  Millions of people are oblivious. 

Set the bar low enough and anything becomes exceptional.
That's not fair.  Not every car has to be sporting.  The Camry is a great car...just not for the enthusiast.  I don't like it, and I would rather have a Mazda6 or a Legacy GT, but that doesn't mean the car isn't any good.  I want a car that is good and sporting.  Most people don't.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 18, 2007, 02:41:56 PM
That's not fair.  Not every car has to be sporting.  The Camry is a great car...just not for the enthusiast.  I don't like it, and I would rather have a Mazda6 or a Legacy GT, but that doesn't mean the car isn't any good.  I want a car that is good and sporting.  Most people don't.

There are cars that are not for enthusiasts, but are also good.  Like the Honda Accord.  The Camry is not a good car.  Now, I haven't driven the newest one, but the old one was so poor you could get seasick in the damn thing and at high speeds it felt downright dangerous; no feel, no feedback.  You're completely removed from everything that's going on.  The emergency handling was pitiful.  The Accord is a good car.  The Camry is not.

This is as fair as I can be.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ro51092

Quote from: Raza  on September 18, 2007, 02:44:22 PM
There are cars that are not for enthusiasts, but are also good.  Like the Honda Accord.  The Camry is not a good car.  Now, I haven't driven the newest one, but the old one was so poor you could get seasick in the damn thing and at high speeds it felt downright dangerous; no feel, no feedback.  You're completely removed from everything that's going on.  The emergency handling was pitiful.  The Accord is a good car.  The Camry is not.

I don't even like the Accord, given that I had a hopped up Accord for a while. But I agree with that.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11148.msg573685#msg573685 date=1190148262

According to the last comparo I read the Camry has slightly better steering feel and slightly sportier suspension tuning then the 2008 Accord.  I prefer the Accord's styling inside and out and according to the review the cars are pretty evenly matched in all other categories, therefore I would definitely take the Accord out of those two.

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 18, 2007, 02:32:23 PM
Why hurt their 'ambitions'? My mother would very much like an ES350. I'm sure she'll buy one when she retires. Different strokes for different folks.

How did I hurt anyones ambitions? How anyone pays 40K for an ES350 is beyond me and I see it everyday at work. The people who buy them know nothing about cars.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

VetteZ06

ro51092

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 18, 2007, 03:04:26 PM

How did I hurt anyones ambitions? How anyone pays 40K for an ES350 is beyond me and I see it everyday at work. The people who buy them know nothing about cars.

I agree.