Upgrading to HID

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, September 14, 2007, 09:47:58 AM

eThirteen

Quote from: AKL on September 15, 2007, 05:20:23 PM
I was thinking of replacing the Accord's lighting with GE nighthawks.
The Accord's lighting is not so great. I had to drive to my friends place quite far up north (no street lighting)the low beams really sucked. I had to rely on my high beams to light the way.

Will changing them to GE nighthawks make a noticeable difference? I don't want to spend money on something that will not make much of a difference.

Buy PIAA's man. They're so much brighter than the stock bulbs. They are probably one of the most expensive aftermarket bulbs tho

Submariner

Quote from: eThirteen on September 15, 2007, 09:23:51 PM
Buy PIAA's man. They're so much brighter than the stock bulbs. They are probably one of the most expensive aftermarket bulbs tho

Or pick up a pair of KC's. 

You can light up the road ahead, and the town that you're driving too, as well.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Champ

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 15, 2007, 08:04:53 AM
Deesea, they have a huge benefit in visability. If you do alot of night driving you would feel much more comfortable with HID than ANY halogen bulb. While it may be style to many there is a huge difference in light.
Which is funny, because I don't like driving with Xenon's.  I like the fact that the area the light hits is nice and bright, but I dislike the fact that anywhere the light doesn't hit, there is no light and also your eyes are not adjusted to it - so you can't see what your lights don't hit.  With halogen the cutoff is less sharp, and there is more scattered light so things not in the main beam become more visible - thus IMO safer.

Yes I've driven with both extensively, and given a choice I'd choose halogen.

Submariner

Quote from: Champ on September 16, 2007, 03:28:05 AM
Which is funny, because I don't like driving with Xenon's.  I like the fact that the area the light hits is nice and bright, but I dislike the fact that anywhere the light doesn't hit, there is no light and also your eyes are not adjusted to it - so you can't see what your lights don't hit.  With halogen the cutoff is less sharp, and there is more scattered light so things not in the main beam become more visible - thus IMO safer.

Yes I've driven with both extensively, and given a choice I'd choose halogen.

But Xenon's cover where halogens do, and so much more as well.

And Bi-xenon high beams are far more bright then their halogen counterparts.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550