Today I drove home from Berlin...

Started by pommes-t, September 29, 2007, 10:56:18 AM

pommes-t

... which is a roundabout 300km trip. The Autobahn has only 2 lanes, but few traffic and mostly no speed-limit. So I drove my dad's A6 most of the time with my right foot on the floor, which means about 230km/h. There was one 5 series BMW that went just as fast and so I was behind it for a very long time. Somewhen it started to rain and both of us slowed down to 200km/h.

Then there was traffic on the left overtaking-lane and we had to slow down to 160 km/h. You always have to keep a distance of about the half of what you are driving in km/h in m. (driving 200km/h:keep 100m) This is absolutely impossible, because the one in front of you would never turn to the right to let you through this way. I was about 15m behind the guy in front of me. Because we were slower now, the traffic on the right lane was only a bit slower than us and we overtook a VW Passat Variant 2.0 TDI that was painted in an ugly non-metallic color and had no alloy-wheels. Two men were sitting inside.

So I think "COPS", even say this to my father, quickly slow down and turn to the right lane. The Passat turns on the overtaking lane and accelerates. I also accelerate, but a bit later, keeping sufficient distance.

I keep on driving a bit slower, and after about 5 minutes I see this Passat and another car driving to a parking lot with a red "Follow Me" plate in the back of the Passat!  :rastaman:  :lol:  :pullover: :rockon: :partyon: :clap: :cheers:

I am so fuckin proud of me!!!! This would have cost me, I guess 250 ? and 3 points.  :evildude:

dazzleman

It's a great feeling to see somebody else get nailed for doing the same thing you were just doing, as you drive away scot free.... :ohyeah:

It sounds like a fun drive.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!