Fastest you've ever been on four wheels

Started by footoflead, June 30, 2005, 11:08:52 AM

NomisR

Nonsense, people are bad drivers when they have to turn, stop, and watch for other people to turn and stop, but even a monkey could handle most interstates, straight and wide all the way.
Monkeys are smarter than some people

BMWDave

Nonsense, people are bad drivers when they have to turn, stop, and watch for other people to turn and stop, but even a monkey could handle most interstates, straight and wide all the way.
Monkeys are smarter than some people
The sad reality is that thats probably true :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

NomisR

Quote80-85 mph, attempting to perform a retaliatory road-rage maneuver. -_-
So you have had road rage, but never went above 85? :blink:  :lol:
He's holding up traffic at 85 mph therefore causing other to roadrage too.  :D  :lol:  :P  

footoflead

Quote80-85 mph, attempting to perform a retaliatory road-rage maneuver. -_-
So you have had road rage, but never went above 85? :blink:  :lol:
He's holding up traffic at 85 mph therefore causing other to roadrage too.  :D  :lol:  :P
:D  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Minpin

80...i know, but its hard to go fast with your parents right next to ya :)
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

footoflead

Quote80...i know, but its hard to go fast with your parents right next to ya :)
haha....i know...me and my bro have done 90 on a trip to tenn. while she was asleep :lol:  :D  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Minpin

:lol:  :lol:  Hey guys i cant figure out how to quote right. I never shows the original posters name. Can you help me out?
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

footoflead

Quote:lol:  :lol:  Hey guys i cant figure out how to quote right. I never shows the original posters name. Can you help me out?
rephrase your sentence...you confused me

find what you want to quote...go to the top of that box...click on Quote...type what you want....(what you quoting is below what your typin) hit reply...

does that help

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

saxonyron

140 on the autobahn a couple years back in an A6 Avant 2.5 L Turbodiesel.  She was screaming with engine roar and wind noise.  Did 130 in 1988 on Autobahn A8 near Heidelberg in an Audi 100.  Pretty consistenly drive 100 - 110 over there in normal traffic.  You get used to it -but it's always a thrill!  (Especially when a seriously modded 911 or S-Class steams past you like you're standing still!)

Over here, I seldom pass 100, and have only maxed the A6 out at 110 on verrrryy desolate stretches of highway  up north.  I find that in the last few years, it's typical to be cruising in a line of traffic on a 6 lane and everyone is doing 80 -85 in the left lane.    

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

footoflead

Quote140 on the autobahn a couple years back in an A6 Avant 2.5 L Turbodiesel.  She was screaming with engine roar and wind noise.  Did 130 in 1988 on Autobahn A8 near Heidelberg in an Audi 100.  Pretty consistenly drive 100 - 110 over there in normal traffic.  You get used to it -but it's always a thrill!  (Especially when a seriously modded 911 or S-Class steams past you like you're standing still!)

Over here, I seldom pass 100, and have only maxed the A6 out at 110 on verrrryy desolate stretches of highway  up north.  I find that in the last few years, it's typical to be cruising in a line of traffic on a 6 lane and everyone is doing 80 -85 in the left lane.
yea...my dads car needs a couple miles to get to 120...it hasnt hit it yet...but it will...(stupid V6...hardly any torque in the top end) :angry:  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BartsSVO

Around 155 in my ex-99 Mustang GT. Thank god there weren't any cops around that day! I swore to myself that would be the first and last time I'd drive that fast on a public road. I have to say I was impressed with the stability of the car at those speeds. :D
--Bart

1986 Mustang SVO
1995 Ranger XLT

giant_mtb

Four Wheels: 90 (freeway)
Two Wheels: 45-50 (pedal bike on 1/2 mile decsent)

cozmik

I've been 140 in my 9-3 on the interstate in WV. That's as fast as I have been though.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

FlatBlackCaddy

120-130 in a couple different vehicles.

LostBoy

About 140MPH in the Galant on I-35 in Texas at about 3:00AM...close to the OK border...that ol' car was geared for high speeds, apparently, because, even though it was hurting at ~130MPH, it still pulled, very slowly, to about 140MPH (though speedo error is a probability at that high of a speed... :lol: )

About 135MPH in my current ride on HWY63 north of I-70 in Missouri at about 3:00AM as well...

Both times, I didn't see a single other car on the road, hence the zanyiness...

footoflead

QuoteFour Wheels: 90 (freeway)
Hey Giant.....how was europe..or were ever the heck youve been

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

giant_mtb

QuoteFour Wheels: 90 (freeway)
Hey Giant.....how was europe..or were ever the heck youve been
Check General Talk and the Chat for more info.  ;)  :lol:  

dazzleman

My top speed was a hair over 100 mph in my Bimmer.

My ideal highway speed is 85 mph under perfect conditions, and I almost never go above that.  Under less than ideal conditions, I'll drop it down as low as 70 mph, but I unless traffic is really heavy or conditions bad, I feel as if I'm crawling if I'm not over 70 mph.  My average highway speed is 75-80 mph.

I enjoyed breaking into triple digits but wouldn't do it too often because (a) I don't feel comfortable at that speed; I don't think I'm trained well enough to handle any type of emergency at that speed (like a blowout); and (B) I don't want to get busted at that speed.  As non-chalant as I am about getting tickets, I don't want to get hauled away in 'cuffs.  That would definitely ruin my weekend. :lol:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

BMWDave

QuoteMy top speed was a hair over 100 mph in my Bimmer.

My ideal highway speed is 85 mph under perfect conditions, and I almost never go above that.  Under less than ideal conditions, I'll drop it down as low as 70 mph, but I unless traffic is really heavy or conditions bad, I feel as if I'm crawling if I'm not over 70 mph.  My average highway speed is 75-80 mph.

I enjoyed breaking into triple digits but wouldn't do it too often because (a) I don't feel comfortable at that speed; I don't think I'm trained well enough to handle any type of emergency at that speed (like a blowout); and (B) I don't want to get busted at that speed.  As non-chalant as I am about getting tickets, I don't want to get hauled away in 'cuffs.  That would definitely ruin my weekend. :lol:
If you have the time (and money :lol:) you should maybe go to a Bimmer driving school where they teach you techniques.  its really expensive though.  (*5000 for a day or something).

2007 Honda S2000

Run Away

180kph (112mph) in my car, it had alot more left in her but I didn't want to blow by a van at that speed (divided 2 lane highway). Very stable, I was quite impressed.

I tried a few times since that to go faster, but mechanical issues have prevented me from doing so (engine has some serious issues now - I guess those were the warning signs).

3g Preludes top out at 130mph.

BMWDave

Quote180kph (112mph) in my car, it had alot more left in her but I didn't want to blow by a van at that speed (divided 2 lane highway). Very stable, I was quite impressed.

I tried a few times since that to go faster, but mechanical issues have prevented me from doing so (engine has some serious issues now - I guess those were the warning signs).

On a two lane highway???  Youre crazy!  :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

El Barto

I've taken my Maxima up to 110.  I didnt go any higher because the tires are only rated for 118.  Nissan didnt put any kind of limiter on the 3rd gen Maxima so it should do over 130 mph.
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

dazzleman

QuoteMy top speed was a hair over 100 mph in my Bimmer.

My ideal highway speed is 85 mph under perfect conditions, and I almost never go above that.  Under less than ideal conditions, I'll drop it down as low as 70 mph, but I unless traffic is really heavy or conditions bad, I feel as if I'm crawling if I'm not over 70 mph.  My average highway speed is 75-80 mph.

I enjoyed breaking into triple digits but wouldn't do it too often because (a) I don't feel comfortable at that speed; I don't think I'm trained well enough to handle any type of emergency at that speed (like a blowout); and (B) I don't want to get busted at that speed.  As non-chalant as I am about getting tickets, I don't want to get hauled away in 'cuffs.  That would definitely ruin my weekend. :lol:
If you have the time (and money :lol:) you should maybe go to a Bimmer driving school where they teach you techniques.  its really expensive though.  (*5000 for a day or something).
I'd like to go to that driving school.  I think it's in South Carolina.  But it's not really a high priority, either in terms of time or money, so I doubt I'll ever do it.  And I'll never get much of an opportunity to use the skills, since the roads around me don't afford much of an opportunity to drive with any degree of safety at really high speed.  I'd then have to rent time at a racetrack to use the skills, and I don't have the time or money for that.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

footoflead

who knows you might end up autocrossin it once in a while...if you went to a drivin school...then you could at least hang with the veterans...plus it could help you avoid an accident since you will be familar with your vehicals limits...

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

Quote180kph (112mph) in my car, it had alot more left in her but I didn't want to blow by a van at that speed (divided 2 lane highway). Very stable, I was quite impressed.

Errr, 4 lane.
2 lanes each way (divided) is what I meant.

BMWDave

Errr, 4 lane.
Youre still crazy!  :lol:

Seriously though, I would be very apprehensive going that speed with only two lanes.  There is no room for error whatsoever.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Here in the U.P. our widest roads are 4-lane highways...so I'm stuck.  But I'm sure I won't be trying any top speeding in the Explorer...the speedo only goes to 85 for Pete's sake.

SargeMonkey

We hit 135 in a rental car, the spedo didn't go any farther. We also destroyed the tranny.  :lol:  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

Secret Chimp

Around 95-100 out in western Montana somewhere. In a 130 hp Legacy. That thing died around one and a half years later with holed pistons or something, I'm sure I had nothing to do with it  :lol:

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TBR

Errr, 4 lane.
Youre still crazy!  :lol:

Seriously though, I would be very apprehensive going that speed with only two lanes.  There is no room for error whatsoever.
Going 120 on a deserted 2 lane highway is a lot safer than going 120 mph on a 5-6 lane highway with some traffic