Range Rover Sport HSE

Started by Yawn, October 03, 2007, 08:12:59 AM

Yawn

I was looking into purchasing one with the luxury package in the next few weeks and wondered why Land Rover scores so low on the JD Power and Associates complaints. They always have a high number of complaints per 100,000 or so. Does anyone know or have a link about the common problems. I know that the population that buys these vehicles are upscale so may just complain about everything. I just dont want to go back and forth to the dealer with issues. 

ifcar

Consumer Reports indicates serious problems with power accessories and the audio system, as well as less frequent but still notable electrical and suspension issues.

They also show many more problems of all types appearing after a year or so in the mechanically identical LR3.

nickdrinkwater

It's only minor things like glitches with the Audio I think.  If you are far from a dealer it would get annoying but it's probably the kinda thing that they could fix very easily.  It wouldn't put me off buying a Sport.

TheIntrepid

I'd buy one. Remember to post millions of pics when you do get one. Also make sure it's black.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 03, 2007, 11:31:10 AM
I'd buy one. Remember to post millions of pics when you do get one. Also make sure it's black.
Orange looks awesome on that SUV.

Yawn

Thanks for the information.. either silver or black im looking into! Ill post the pics! :)

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on October 03, 2007, 12:44:11 PM
+ Quadrillion.  Black is terrible.  I will never buy another black vehicle.

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 03, 2007, 12:48:19 PM
It's such a PITA to keep clean, unless it's flat black. :rockon:

nickdrinkwater

Black is awesome especially on that car!

This colour is good too:

I'm jealous that you are even looking at these!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 03, 2007, 12:48:19 PM

I'll agree that it's tough to keep clean, but when done right, it looks good. Hell, black makes even the ugliest cars (i.e. my dad's Grand Caravan) look good.

Colonel Cadillac

Supercharged?

On topic, one of my friends has a 2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE, and his has a hell of a lot of problems. It is, however, a whole lot different than the RRS.

That most likely was not a very helpful post, sorry.

68_427

how tall are you?  my friends dad is about 6'2" and his sport was cramped inside for him, so he had to get rid of it.. shame it was an orange supercharged model.  but the range rover he got it awsome, and he's had ZERO problems with it.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Submariner

Quote from: Raghavan on October 03, 2007, 12:52:09 PM
It's such a PITA to keep clean, unless it's flat black. :rockon:

Actually, I find metalic to be quite a bit better than just plain gloss...

It also hides swirls and scratches better, too.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

sandertheshark

I would never recommend that anyone buy a Range Rover.  I kind of want one though.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: sandertheshark on October 08, 2007, 06:08:22 PM
I would never recommend that anyone buy a Range Rover.  I kind of want one though.

Why not? I love Range Rovers. Not the Sport as much though, I want a proper RR Vogue in black.

Minpin

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 08, 2007, 06:16:25 PM
Why not? I love Range Rovers. Not the Sport as much though, I want a proper RR Vogue in black.

They have become "trendy" with soccer moms and rappers and sports "stars" and all that other BS. I would rather have a G wagen.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Minpin on October 09, 2007, 07:07:47 PM
They have become "trendy" with soccer moms and rappers and sports "stars" and all that other BS. I would rather have a G wagen.

I've noticed that in the states. Haven't noticed that here much though. For me, it'd be a close match between the RR and the G500.

deesea

Quote from: Raghavan on October 03, 2007, 12:44:11 PM

+019283091820931,

just what i was about to say.
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

FordSVT

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 03, 2007, 01:42:19 PM
I'll agree that it's tough to keep clean, but when done right, it looks good. Hell, black makes even the ugliest cars (i.e. my dad's Grand Caravan) look good.

Black is the most beautiful colour you can put on almost any car, both of my  Mustangs and my current Mazda are black. It's true that it's a PITA to keep clean though, but when it is clean nothing tops it!

SVT666

Quote from: FordSVT on October 10, 2007, 02:23:12 PM
Black is the most beautiful colour you can put on almost any car, both of my  Mustangs and my current Mazda are black. It's true that it's a PITA to keep clean though, but when it is clean nothing tops it!
I agree.  Although rock chips, parking lot scratches, etc. cannot be cleaned.  My truck looks amazing when clean, until you get close and start looking at the rocker panels and the leading edge of the hood.  Also, scratches just appear out of nowhere too.

Having said that, I still want a black 2005+ Mustang GT with the red leather interior.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 10, 2007, 03:13:26 PM
I agree.  Although rock chips, parking lot scratches, etc. cannot be cleaned.  My truck looks amazing when clean, until you get close and start looking at the rocker panels and the leading edge of the hood.  Also, scratches just appear out of nowhere too.

Having said that, I still want a black 2005+ Mustang GT with the red leather interior.

I hereby demand you to go take good pictures of said truck before you do the stupidest thing you've ever done and sell it. :angry:

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 10, 2007, 03:14:36 PM
I hereby demand you to go take good pictures of said truck before you do the stupidest thing you've ever done and sell it. :angry:
Why is it stupid if he sells it? :rolleyes:

FordSVT

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 10, 2007, 03:13:26 PM

'

Mine was available for almost 24 whole hours. You snooze you loose!  ;)

Tave

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 03, 2007, 01:42:19 PM
Hell, black makes even the ugliest cars (i.e. my dad's Grand Caravan) look good.

True dat. Mine would look twice as hideous otherwise ;)

I really like the Sport, but why is it so hard for Rover to find decent electrical engineers? Some of these little "glitches" turn into major "problems" when the car is in motion.

But understand I'm not talking about the new Range when I say that, I'm just refering to some of my experience with older Land Rovers (and one Disco in particular).
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

eThirteen

Black is awesome if you frequently wash it.. it looks crazy nice after a polish and wax ;)

Go on the Landrover or RangeRover forums/boards, I'm sure they'll have some info on what will go wrong.

ChrisV

Quote from: Tave on October 14, 2007, 02:54:09 PM
I really like the Sport, but why is it so hard for Rover to find decent electrical engineers? Some of these little "glitches" turn into major "problems" when the car is in motion.

But understand I'm not talking about the new Range when I say that, I'm just refering to some of my experience with older Land Rovers (and one Disco in particular).

The older ones are typical British cars, and I mean that in the most loving way possible. ;) Electrical gremlins are a way of life with British cars. My Rangie has a couple that I simply live with.

The new ones (post-Ford ownership) are much better. The Classics are the most rugged, but you have to live with some gremlins. The 4.0/4.6 HSE are the worst. Not as rugged and plagued with mechanical problems as well as electrical ones. Mostly centering around the air suspension (which can be replaced with standard springs and shocks, however).
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

FordSVT

Quote from: ChrisV on October 15, 2007, 11:43:17 AM
The older ones are typical British cars, and I mean that in the most loving way possible. ;) Electrical gremlins are a way of life with British cars. My Rangie has a couple that I simply live with.

Did you disappear for a week or two? Seems it.

ChrisV

Quote from: FordSVT on October 15, 2007, 03:50:49 PM
Did you disappear for a week or two? Seems it.

I've been in training downtown. And I have to go to Vegas in November for a week. So yeah, I've been gone for a while.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

Quote from: ChrisV on October 15, 2007, 04:13:48 PM
I've been in training downtown. And I have to go to Vegas in November for a week. So yeah, I've been gone for a while.

I'd like to visit Vegas.

How big is your suitcase?

Raza

Quote from: omicron on October 15, 2007, 10:21:01 PM
I'd like to visit Vegas.

How big is your suitcase?

Smaller than a kangaroo's pouch; unfortunately you'd never fit.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.